United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology

Unread 13-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Good point. If we develop a sentient vacuum cleaner, better code in a hunger for dust, lest it goes on strike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
Once it runs out of dead skin cell dust to hoover up, what will it do?
And here we see why intelligent, logical thought could actually be the worst thing for our species. I will hold back on my patent, thank me in any way you see fit (ignoring me works)

Incidentally, I used to work with a bloke with very aggressive psoriasis. The cleaner asked me if he ate a lot of sausage rolls due to the sediment around his desk.

Unread 13-02-2018, 06:13 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
And here we see why intelligent, logical thought could actually be the worst thing for our species. I will hold back on my patent, thank me in any way you see fit (ignoring me works)

Incidentally, I used to work with a bloke with very aggressive psoriasis. The cleaner asked me if he ate a lot of sausage rolls due to the sediment around his desk.
Dust isn't made up uniquely of dead skin cells.

Thanks for vacating the patent.

Unread 13-02-2018, 06:16 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Dust isn't made up uniquely of dead skin cells.

Thanks for vacating the patent.
I honestly believed it was 80% skin! A quick google search said I'm a knob, thank you for smashing one of my misguided beliefs

Unread 13-02-2018, 08:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
You're missing the point. Just because we can't, and probably never will be able to, predict the future, doesn't mean that it isn't already preset.

To all intents and porpoises, if we can't predict the future with any degree of certainty then it is indistinguishable from having freewill. But then any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
ah, but my point was that scientists can talk bollocks and it can't be verified or otherwise. what is the point, if it is meaningless (this line of enquiry, I mean, but moiwyw).

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He isn't going to be allowed to forget this in a hurry, is he
forget what?