United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic

Unread 12-02-2018, 10:56 PM
The Stella Fella

Paint the wall a better colour than fucking mustard - enough coats of paint will narrow that 1 inch gap

Unread 12-02-2018, 11:30 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poop
Can't find my FUCKING saw

EVERY fucking time I need a fucking bastard screwdriver, hammer, saw, fucking nail there's not one to be found. Utter CUUUUUUUUUUUNT!!!!!!!

FUCK her TV.

Any updates from this point?

Unread 12-02-2018, 11:32 PM
Wez

Quote:
What do I do here?

Though I appreciate in advance your suggestions to shout at it, knock down the house, give myself a scart lead enema, shag my mam, etc I need to plonk a portable tv in the corner of mothers bedroom. I said I'll mount it on the wall but she insists it goes on a "nice little shelf in the corner"

As you can see, what should be a 90 degree angle has downs syndrome and there is an inch between it and the tip of the shelf.

Get some "no more gaps", then paint over it, she wont notice; honest

Unread 13-02-2018, 01:29 AM
sa7

Quote:
Can't find my FUCKING saw

EVERY fucking time I need a fucking bastard screwdriver, hammer, saw, fucking nail there's not one to be found. Utter CUUUUUUUUUUUNT!!!!!!!
FUCK her TV.

Such anger

Go watch some beheading/disembowelling videos to calm you down

Unread 13-02-2018, 01:40 AM
suedeshoes

It'd be easier if you just drew her pictures and narated stuff tbh

Unread 13-02-2018, 07:55 AM
otbarney

Get a man in.

Unread 13-02-2018, 09:49 AM
redhegemony

Personally rather than pissing about guessing angles and cutting the shelf - which will be poor quality wood

1. Lay a piece of cupboard or stiff paper on top of shelf

2. Put your noggin underneath look up and draw a line down the gap onto the cupboard above you.

3. Use the template to draw on and cut a wedge from an off cut

4. Glue to shelf/wall using no nails - would leave shelf in place so its wedged in.

5 Paint shelf

Will look magnificent

Unread 13-02-2018, 10:02 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
What do I do here?

Though I appreciate in advance your suggestions to shout at it, knock down the house, give myself a scart lead enema, shag my mam, etc I need to plonk a portable tv in the corner of mothers bedroom. I said I'll mount it on the wall but she insists it goes on a "nice little shelf in the corner"

As you can see, what should be a 90 degree angle has downs syndrome and there is an inch between it and the tip of the shelf.

I believe this is why god gave us Decorater's Cauk.

Unread 13-02-2018, 10:03 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Get a man in.
Jesus barney, the old girl just wants to watch a bit of telly.

Unread 13-02-2018, 10:14 AM
guerreiro

Quite intrigued why the makers of the shelf thought the best use of it would be to precariously hold cups and saucers. Not sure itís a TV shelf at all, where it going to plug in?