United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology

Unread 08-02-2018, 12:18 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Looks interesting, will read. V tempted to try modafinil tbh
Interestingly, intermittent fasting has the same biological effect, some of us are already ahead of the curve

Unread 08-02-2018, 12:20 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Interestingly, intermittent fasting has the same biological effect, some of us are already ahead of the curve
I fast every day between meals

Unread 08-02-2018, 12:20 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Ludicrous statement if not tongue in cheek
From the same mould as the cunts that will rape the planet of every resource to make more money for themselves doing everything they can to prevent any alternatives flourishing it case it affects their cash cow, or the cunts that will knock on an old dear's house to con them out of their life savings. Not one fuck given about anything other then their self. The worst of humanity. Sadly often tied in to actual progress.

I've no issue with personal improvement, rather his reasons for it.

Not sure you necessarily need to be filling yourself with drugs and ensuring you work a solid 8 hours a day to improve yourself either, tbh.

Unread 08-02-2018, 12:26 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There are some fair points there no question.
I did try & caveat the opening post to state you need to get passed his appalling self-centredness before you reach the worthwhile bits...

With that in mind - you've got kids, it mentions modafinil for concentration (purportedly safe as houses, links to 25 studies on the blog) & also Adderall - basically every kid in America is on that for studying. Would you advocate your own kids going on it?

Would you try it yourself if you can't concentrate at work or have stresses that impact your career etc.

I'm kind of intrigued by the whole principle, as a rule I have no interest in the whole self-help movement, I read none of the books & I know a Life / Exec Coach (I laugh my cock off at his LinkedIn blogs etc) but this stuff is somewhat different.

Advocating real focus, based on chemicals (safe ones, albeit illicit in regards to MDMA or LSD etc) & the real world application of knocking off Social Media etc, getting real, genuinely good sleep (& tracking it) as well advocating exercise on top etc.... there are improvements to your life that can be made without huge leaps taking place.

Unread 08-02-2018, 12:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I did try & caveat the opening post to state you need to get passed his appalling self-centredness before you reach the worthwhile bits...

With that in mind - you've got kids, it mentions modafinil for concentration (purportedly safe as houses, links to 25 studies on the blog) & also Adderall - basically every kid in America is on that for studying. Would you advocate your own kids going on it?

Would you try it yourself if you can't concentrate at work or have stresses that impact your career etc.

I'm kind of intrigued by the whole principle, as a rule I have no interest in the whole self-help movement, I read none of the books & I know a Life / Exec Coach (I laugh my cock off at his LinkedIn blogs etc) but this stuff is somewhat different.

Advocating real focus, based on chemicals (safe ones, albeit illicit in regards to MDMA or LSD etc) & the real world application of knocking off Social Media etc, getting real, genuinely good sleep (& tracking it) as well advocating exercise on top etc.... there are improvements to your life that can be made without huge leaps taking place.
Probably not tbh, once you start leaning on the crutch etc.. not sure kids in America are the best example of this being good practice either tbf.

I'd deffo give the LSD and MDMA microdosing a go though

Actually did the whole cut out social network, news and even this place for over a month last year. Was ace tbh and helped a fucking lot with the clearing of the mind and general effectiveness in the other parts of life..

Unread 08-02-2018, 12:31 PM
Cream

Quote:
From the same mould as the cunts that will rape the planet of every resource to make more money for themselves doing everything they can to prevent any alternatives flourishing it case it affects their cash cow, or the cunts that will knock on an old dear's house to con them out of their life savings. Not one fuck given about anything other then their self. The worst of humanity. Sadly often tied in to actual progress.

I've no issue with personal improvement, rather his reasons for it.

Not sure you necessarily need to be filling yourself with drugs and ensuring you work a solid 8 hours a day to improve yourself either, tbh.

Although, Musk might argue the complete opposite.

Unread 08-02-2018, 12:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Although, Musk might argue the complete opposite.
Impressive. But if it leads to huge satellites, greater control over people and further wealth disparity then not great..

Tbf to Musk, the majority of his endeavours thus far have had the greater good in mind, his solar panels, electric cars etc. even if those at the bottom of the totem aren't necessarily benefiting much yet.

Unread 08-02-2018, 12:46 PM
Baron

Quote:
Probably not tbh, once you start leaning on the crutch etc.. not sure kids in America are the best example of this being good practice either tbf.

I'd deffo give the LSD and MDMA microdosing a go though

Actually did the whole cut out social network, news and even this place for over a month last year. Was ace tbh and helped a fucking lot with the clearing of the mind and general effectiveness in the other parts of life..
Leaning on the crutch is one thing, but you take medication for pain relief, or cod liver oil / vitamins for well being etc. Why not something, equally as safe (if it is - not advocating the blind ingestion of shit that will come back & rot your nerves or something) then that's (potentially) just how people will do it in future. His argument is, everyone else will be doing it - you'll be left behind. Cunty discussion of course, but what if your kids are missing out?

MDMA and LSD are my favourite drugs by far, weed is great but it's a different approach. The blog talks about having deep emotional conversations with important family members / friends etc while on it. It is surely undeniable that you form a stronger bond with your friends though getting off your tits, so a structured approach (now & then - not like you should be mandied off your face for Sunday lunch) to it is also interesting.

Unread 08-02-2018, 12:56 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Leaning on the crutch is one thing, but you take medication for pain relief, or cod liver oil / vitamins for well being etc. Why not something, equally as safe (if it is - not advocating the blind ingestion of shit that will come back & rot your nerves or something) then that's (potentially) just how people will do it in future. His argument is, everyone else will be doing it - you'll be left behind. Cunty discussion of course, but what if your kids are missing out?

MDMA and LSD are my favourite drugs by far, weed is great but it's a different approach. The blog talks about having deep emotional conversations with important family members / friends etc while on it. It is surely undeniable that you form a stronger bond with your friends though getting off your tits, so a structured approach (now & then - not like you should be mandied off your face for Sunday lunch) to it is also interesting.
Would you want all your achievements linked to something you ingest though? What if they suddenly stop making it? Would you want to entrust your investments or whatever to someone who's entire success is based on these drugs? Suddenly they can't get them anymore; price becomes prohibitive, they become scarce etc. leaving said person with no focus or confidence in being able to do the job? Do you generate a tolerance over time? after 10 years you have to pop 47 pills at $42.50 a pop just to maintain etc. etc. Slippery slope to build your life on. The very fact others can be left behind if they don't have access puts it in the category of being an unfair advantage etc. and should be stamped out, for me.

The micro-dosing of recreational drugs to help maintain mental health and increase actual enjoyment of life is another thing entirely, for me. Should deffo be encouraged.

Yes there's a contradiction/hypocrisy there, but I'm comfortable with it

Unread 08-02-2018, 01:01 PM
Baron

Quote:
Would you want all your achievements linked to something you ingest though? What if they suddenly stop making it? Would you want to entrust your investments or whatever to someone who's entire success is based on these drugs? Suddenly they can't get them anymore; price becomes prohibitive, they become scarce etc. leaving said person with no focus or confidence in being able to do the job? Do you generate a tolerance over time? after 10 years you have to pop 47 pills at $42.50 a pop just to maintain etc. etc. Slippery slope to build your life on. The very fact others can be left behind if they don't have access puts it in the category of being an unfair advantage etc. and should be stamped out, for me.

The micro-dosing of recreational drugs to help maintain mental health and increase actual enjoyment of life is another thing entirely, for me. Should deffo be encouraged.

Yes there's a contradiction/hypocrisy there, but I'm comfortable with it
Hence why it's an debate... you're supposing something better, safer, more useful won't replace either modafinil or Adderall.

I'm not saying I disagree btw, but a discussion is worthwhile.