Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Hall of Fame

Unread 24-01-2018, 09:09 AM
thatsfuctit

Default 85 Semi Replay - ITV highlights

Unread 24-01-2018, 09:16 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
It's easy to forget about the rawness and passion of the crowd from those days, it was immense compared to todays sanitised version of football which is is cold and boring. It's all bloody Yuppies in their seats in silence today. 

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:22 AM
BarryX

The first time I truly lost it as a young Utd fan: Robson...and Robson again...

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:12 AM
92ToBury

Happy days. The first real cup final I remember. I was 9 in 83 so don't remember it as well. Staying up for the replay above and watching it was brilliant.

Back then Cup Final Day was a full day. Watching the interviews in the hotels in the morning, then the coaches would set off and the helicopters would film them en route. Interviews with the fans, celeb fans (who didn't seem such cockwombles back in the day) and other little featurettes.

Then there was the match itself. Protestations about the Moran sending off, worries about extra time being 10 v 11, that goal from Norman, then my Nan hoping Kevin got a medal because he's worked so hard for us all year. She was right; not a month seemed to go by without reports of him nearly swallowing his tongue!

Ah, nostalgia's not what it used to be.

Unread 24-01-2018, 04:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Happy days. The first real cup final I remember. I was 9 in 83 so don't remember it as well. Staying up for the replay above and watching it was brilliant.

Back then Cup Final Day was a full day. Watching the interviews in the hotels in the morning, then the coaches would set off and the helicopters would film them en route. Interviews with the fans, celeb fans (who didn't seem such cockwombles back in the day) and other little featurettes
Cup final day Its a Knock Out

Unread 24-01-2018, 05:27 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury

Back then Cup Final Day was a full day. Watching the interviews in the hotels in the morning, then the coaches would set off and the helicopters would film them en route. Interviews with the fans, celeb fans (who didn't seem such cockwombles back in the day) and other little featurettes.

Then there was the match itself. Protestations about the Moran sending off, worries about extra time being 10 v 11, that goal from Norman, then my Nan hoping Kevin got a medal because he's worked so hard for us all year. She was right; not a month seemed to go by without reports of him nearly swallowing his tongue!

Ah, nostalgia's not what it used to be.
1974 reds

Unread 24-01-2018, 06:12 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

The first game at Goodison was probably one of the most violent games I've ever been to pretty scary for a soft arse like me

Unread 24-01-2018, 06:22 PM
flixton

Brian Moore probably the best tv football commentator there has been.

Unread 24-01-2018, 06:58 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Louis Edwards and Matt Busby sat having a drink in the old executive suite ....so I wandered over asked if they had any spares (I know, )......told them I'd come all the way down from Cumbria and couldn't get one.......not the 10 miles id really come

LE gets out his fat wallet and takes out a ticket ...hands it over.....

Face value.....fair play to the bloke

Unread 24-01-2018, 07:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Brian Moore probably the best tv football commentator there has been.
Wouldn't go that far, but he was decent.