United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-07-2017, 12:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
English club to English club premium added? Maybe the chance to piss Chelsea off was an additional motivation. Maybe Agent Pogba gave a thumbs up after spending some time with him.. Maybe the possibility was raised when we were chatting about Rooney. ive no idea.
I don't think he's asking why the price would be higher, he's asking why we'd do it in the first place.

Unread 13-07-2017, 12:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFOD
something had to she didn't eat them

Unread 13-07-2017, 12:44 PM
LFOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Try the veal!

Unread 13-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
I don't think it necessarily goes that the first pick is the most expensive and prices go down from there.
Well, if you're prepared to pay up to 90 million for plan B, I'd imagine you wouldn't go for plan B when on the verge of a cheaper deal for plan A.

Lukaku was clearly plan A. And as he himself said, he's known where he was going for months. To believe Lukaku was plan B, you have to believe we got the deal done quickly. It's far more likely Woodward has been haggling over Lukaku for months.

The media haven't got a clue about our transfer dealings this past few years.

Unread 13-07-2017, 06:26 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Tbf nor have the club quite a lot of the time, it appears

Unread 13-07-2017, 11:46 PM
Alan

Quote:
Well, if you're prepared to pay up to 90 million for plan B, I'd imagine you wouldn't go for plan B when on the verge of a cheaper deal for plan A.

Lukaku was clearly plan A. And as he himself said, he's known where he was going for months. To believe Lukaku was plan B, you have to believe we got the deal done quickly. It's far more likely Woodward has been haggling over Lukaku for months.

More holes in it than a sieve

The red tinted delusion of some people is verging on mental illness.

Unread 13-07-2017, 11:50 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
More holes in it than a sieve
Feel free to point them out.

Unread 14-07-2017, 05:09 AM
believe

Quote:

Haggling?. Where the £#%&! did they start?

Unread 14-07-2017, 10:15 AM
Lok

Unread 15-07-2017, 07:00 AM
utd99

Quote:

Assuming we didn't plan on buying both, then I think Mourinho just admitted in the presser that Morata was first choice.

Unread 17-07-2017, 04:03 PM
20 times

Last week Lukaku saved our team from a goalless draw
Last week Lukaku saved our team with a goal

Der der der der der der der der

Unread 17-07-2017, 04:44 PM
dunk

Unread 17-07-2017, 05:08 PM
20 times

There's more scrutiny at united than a has been club like Everton

Good spot from Carrick tbf

Unread 17-07-2017, 05:10 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
There's more scrutiny at united than a has been club like Everton. Good spot from Carrick tbf
It's situation like this where you miss characters like Keane, Robson, Bruce, Hughes, Scholes.

Anytime a new signing started pre season training, one of them would knock the shite out of them with a tackle to let them know what was to be expected here.

Or, Keane blasting a ball at someone from 5 yards away and then losing his shit when they didn't control it
"ERIC WOULD HAVE CONTROLLED THAT FOR £#%&! SAKE!!!!!"

Unread 17-07-2017, 05:12 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Anytime a new signing started pre season training, one of them would knock the shite out of them with a tackle to let them know what was to be expected here.
Step forward Phil Jones. And try not to fall over, there's a good chap.

Unread 17-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Step forward Phil Jones. And try not to fall over, there's a good chap.
I said tackle them, not tackle himself

Unread 17-07-2017, 05:32 PM
carrick_16

Get off Romer's back, He'll get goals for us this season, I have no doubts about that, He only joined us a week ago.

Unread 17-07-2017, 05:38 PM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrick_16
Get off Romer's back, He'll get goals for us this season, I have no doubts about that, He only joined us a week ago.
Missed a chance in a pre season friendly. Sell him now. Lacazette scored on his dayboo, should have signed him instead

I've followed Lacazette's career closely. Great signing for Arsenal

Unread 17-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Lok

The problem with Lukaku is that I don't think he's quite good enough. And when I'm of that opinion, usually only one of two things happen:

I'm right (e.g. Blind is shit)

or

I'm wrong but I'll pretend I'm right by pouncing on every little mistake they make to score points.

Unread 17-07-2017, 06:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The problem with Lukaku is that I don't think he's quite good enough. And when I'm of that opinion, usually only one of two things happen:

I'm right (e.g. Blind is shit)

or

I'm wrong but I'll pretend I'm right by pouncing on every little mistake they make to score points.
Nobody has ever done that here before
Closed Thread