Unread 02-05-2017, 05:22 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
There's only 11 there pal. We're allowed 12 now
OK I'll go for a 4-3-3-1 formation.

Unread 02-05-2017, 05:49 PM
ziggyman17

even with all the injuries we have there is no way Rooney starts..............

Unread 02-05-2017, 05:53 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Could play centre half - perhaps not given that challenge on the edge of the box..

Unread 02-05-2017, 05:55 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
indeed. the only excuse for him starting on sunday was to give someone else a rest for thursday, surely?

Unread 02-05-2017, 06:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Celta have been resting up for this and they play at a very high tempo. We'll leave nothing in behind and look for Rashers and Martial to catch them. With our current home performances any kind of defeat would be very damaging. Take a goalless or a 1-1.

De Gea, Valencia, Darmian, Blind, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera, Lingard, Martial, Rashford.

Vile competition.

Unread 02-05-2017, 06:14 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Celta have been resting up for this and they play at a very high tempo. We'll leave nothing in behind and look for Rashers and Martial to catch them. With our current home performances any kind of defeat would be very damaging. Take a goalless or a 1-1.

De Gea, Valencia, Darmian, Blind, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera, Lingard, Martial, Rashford.

Vile competition.
'tis... but we have won every single home game in it (albeit needing extra time v Anderlecht).

These are better set to hurt us that anyone we've faced yet though. Especially with our defence held together with sticky tape and midfield not much better.

Unread 02-05-2017, 06:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
'tis... but we have won every single home game in it (albeit needing extra time v Anderlecht).

These are better set to hurt us that anyone we've faced yet though. Especially with our defence held together with sticky tape and midfield not much better.
We gave Anderlecht way too much encouragement last round. It's made me think any kind of defeat Thursday and we're in huge trouble.

Unread 02-05-2017, 06:32 PM
jem

we'll stay in the europa just long enough to have £#%&!ed up the league and no more.

Unread 02-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Sparky***

We're £#%&!ed. We're not going anywhere without a defence i'm afraid.

No idea what the £#%&! is wrong with laurel and hardy - or why the pair of #@&%!s have been out for 7 £#%&!ing weeks.

Juan Mata has been off, had groin surgery and come back quicker than them.

Unread 02-05-2017, 06:40 PM
Clarkie

We're not good enough. Simple

Funny thing is, I'd be confident of overturning Arsenal with the U21's on Sunday

Unread 02-05-2017, 06:41 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We're £#%&!ed. We're not going anywhere without a defence i'm afraid.

No idea what the £#%&! is wrong with laurel and hardy - or why the pair of #@&%!s have been out for 7 £#%&!ing weeks.

Juan Mata has been off, had groin surgery and come back quicker than them.
They'll be gone in the summer

Something is defiantly up though, Mou called Smalling out earlier in the season for something similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
We're not good enough. Simple

Funny thing is, I'd be confident of overturning Arsenal with the U21's on Sunday
It's not about being good enough. It's the fact we've got no fit centre halves, have an injury crisis and the players that are fit are absolutely £#%&!ed.

Unread 02-05-2017, 07:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
We gave Anderlecht way too much encouragement last round
We did the usual thing of not making the most of our chances and then letting them back in. If we are to have any chance in this semi, that has to alter for a change.

Unread 02-05-2017, 07:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We did the usual thing of not making the most of our chances and then letting them back in. If we are to have any chance in this semi, that has to alter for a change.
That's the comfortable rhetoric, but they were dominating aspects of the play midway through the first half.

You fear a tired United against this Celta side at OT if they've got a sniff in the tie.

Unread 02-05-2017, 07:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
That's the comfortable rhetoric, but they were dominating aspects of the play midway through the first half.
I was talking about the away leg tbh, you might expect even a half decent opponent to "dominate" parts of that.

Unread 02-05-2017, 07:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I was talking about the away leg tbh, you might expect even a half decent opponent to "dominate" parts of that.
Well I was talking about the home leg. A cheeky 1-1 away is fine.

God I hate this competition. Anderlecht and Celta @#%&!ing Vigo.

Unread 02-05-2017, 08:01 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:

God I hate this competition. Anderlecht and Celta c***ing Vigo.
Get used to it.

Unread 02-05-2017, 08:20 PM
Denis Irwell

The entitlement....
Closed Thread