No 72 97.30%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2017, 01:00 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
No chance

He's without a doubt the best man for the job at this moment, nqat in my mind.

Link?

What a disastrous decision that was

Jose or even Ancelotti would have been perfect that summer, but we ended up with that ginger gormless @#%&! womble
http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/20...urinho-report/

Unread 01-03-2017, 01:05 PM
atticusgrinch

dunk doesn't seem to have cast a vote. He was vehemently opposed to Jose iirc?

Unread 01-03-2017, 02:38 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
I see that Fergie has allegedly said that he regrets not pushing Jose for the job 3 years ago.
Where? Oops didn't read all the thread

Unread 01-03-2017, 04:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Nor has LvG's chief representative on earth

Unread 01-03-2017, 04:33 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
he's waiting to see what siders does.

Unread 01-03-2017, 06:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Nor has LvG's chief representative on earth
Nor have many of these 60 lads

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...light=mourinho

Unread 01-03-2017, 07:14 PM
red in cumbria

I prudently took the middle course with that one

Unread 01-03-2017, 07:15 PM
Tiberian

Missing out on Mourinho post Madrid may have been a good thing. He seemed to suffer a hangover from his time there, yes he won the title with Chelsea, but he was almost looking for conflict during that spell.

Very little of that this season.

Moyes over not securing someone like Ancelotti though

Unread 01-03-2017, 07:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Missing out on Mourinho post Madrid may have been a good thing. He seemed to suffer a hangover from his time there, yes he won the title with Chelsea, but he was almost looking for conflict during that spell.

Very little of that this season.

Moyes over not securing someone like Ancelotti though
Ancelotti is perhaps the manager who would most likely have got one last hurrah out of that old side in 2013, but not sure he's a man for rebuilding a side to such a great extent, which is what we needed at that point as all the key experienced personnel faded.

For years I always assumed it would be Mourinho after Ferguson. Was such a shock when it emerged it was going to be Moyes

Unread 01-03-2017, 07:50 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Ancelotti is perhaps the manager who would most likely have got one last hurrah out of that old side in 2013, but not sure he's a man for rebuilding a side to such a great extent, which is what we needed at that point as all the key experienced personnel faded.

For years I always assumed it would be Mourinho after Ferguson. Was such a shock when it emerged it was going to be Moyes
Remarkable how poorly it was handled, all the years of speculation of how the club would manage the change, it ended up as worst case scenario. Gill going at the same time as Fergie was a major problem.

Mistakes at every turn on the sporting side. There is a bound to be a point when the club dials back on the spending, better hope the team is re-established by that point.

Unread 01-03-2017, 08:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Remarkable how poorly it was handled, all the years of speculation of how the club would manage the change, it ended up as worst case scenario. Gill going at the same time as Fergie was a major problem.

Mistakes at every turn on the sporting side. There is a bound to be a point when the club dials back on the spending, better hope the team is re-established by that point.
Yep. When you throw in that none of our key players, aside perhaps from De Gea, had their best years ahead of them, it's no real surprise that it's been so frantic. I always think there has to be some thread of stability. Whether it's the manager, the core of players, the people above making decisions etc. We've had none at all. A chief exec with no clue, revolving managerial door and a squad thrown together by four managers amidst vastly different training regimes and contrasting philosophies.

Amazing that we have spent so much money yet feel we probably need another 3-4 top class players to challenge for the title next year.

How to absolutely £#%&! up a transition we had years to plan for.

Unread 02-03-2017, 07:22 AM
Tumescent Throb

there's a lot of talk about klopp's teeth from some of you lot.

i bet half of you metrosexuals brush your teeth in £#%&!ing bleach of a night time.

Unread 02-03-2017, 08:03 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Once the gaffer has the players he wants obviously the spending will slow down. Having to clear out three years of shit buys and squad deadwood while replacing them isnt coming cheap with the increased "united tax"

Cant wait for the spending to stop and ST prices to go up

Unread 02-03-2017, 08:11 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Was such a shock when it emerged it was going to be Moyes
That's probably the mildest description I've ever heard of the most successful manager in the history of world football calling the Scottish Tony Pulis while he walked around Waitrose and offering him his job without any interview or scrutiny

Unread 02-03-2017, 08:16 AM
Billy Redface

Throb basically confirming that his teeth are knackered.

Shocking news tbh.

Unread 02-03-2017, 08:36 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That's probably the mildest description I've ever heard of the most successful manager in the history of world football calling the Scottish Tony Pulis while he walked around Waitrose and offering him his job without any interview or scrutiny
Harsh on Pulis.

Unread 02-03-2017, 08:57 AM
dunk

I wouldn't swap him, the club needs stability.

Contrary to the circle jerk that seems to be everpresent on here though, I don't think the football is all that. The odd decent spell here and there and the benefits of players who are prepared to shoot are masking it, but it's still far from enjoyable.

Unread 02-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Contrary to the circle jerk that seems to be everpresent on here though, I don't think the football is all that. The odd decent spell here and there and the benefits of players who are prepared to shoot are masking it, but it's still far from enjoyable.
The football has improved in the context of how it was the best part of two years.

But you're right- it's still only in spells. We're getting better at optimising those spells, but our game management needs a lot of work.

Unread 02-03-2017, 10:11 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Unread 02-03-2017, 10:31 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
The football has improved in the context of how it was the best part of two years.

But you're right- it's still only in spells. We're getting better at optimising those spells, but our game management needs a lot of work.
Yeah that's fair. It'll come. The safety blanket of the ball into Zlat is used a bit too often atm, probably due to a lack of confidence at times, still.
Closed Thread