United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > MUFC Tickets and Travel
Closed Thread

Unread 12-02-2017, 08:46 PM
Chorlton74

Question did you ever keep your `chubb` letters?

how the £#%&! do you get chubbed for a testimonial!

is Chubb still alive? the @#%&!.

Unread 12-02-2017, 08:48 PM
Rorschach

Nope.

Unread 12-02-2017, 09:05 PM
Whip Hubley

Unread 12-02-2017, 11:05 PM
red in cumbria

Only realised recently that the term derived from a real person

Unread 12-02-2017, 11:15 PM
armchair

Unread 13-02-2017, 08:36 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
folk thought it was chubb because of the manufacturer of locks

Unread 13-02-2017, 08:37 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
ffs

"Nope, sorry... you're gonna be locked outta the ground!"

Unread 13-02-2017, 09:05 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Looks like I'm even more recent

Unread 13-02-2017, 09:05 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone

Unread 13-02-2017, 02:48 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

I seriously think the last time I wrote a letter with a pen and paper, was when we had to write a letter of application, and post it to the ticket office with our token sheets.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I would like to apply for an adult ticket for the upcoming away game against Oldham Athletic on Sunday 26th December.

Yours in hope

Mr Bonkon

Unread 13-02-2017, 02:57 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
I seriously think the last time I wrote a letter with a pen and paper, was when we had to write a letter of application, and post it to the ticket office with our token sheets.

Dear Sir/Madam,
I would like to apply for an adult ticket for the upcoming away game against Oldham Athletic on Sunday 26th December.

Yours in hope

Mr Bonkon
We did seem to always play Oldham on boxing day yhgr

Unread 13-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours in hope

Mr Bonkon
Loved token sheets. How top redness was always proven. Probably the last time I used pritt-stick too.

Unread 13-02-2017, 05:24 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Loved token sheets. How top redness was always proven. Probably the last time I used pritt-stick too.
Certainly was mate. Those who know, know

Unread 13-02-2017, 06:21 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
I had 11 of the 12 needed for the nou camp 99 . How I cursed not going to the fizzy pop cup that year ..

Had to buy one off a tout .

Unread 13-02-2017, 06:28 PM
CyrilSkeer

Quote:
They always ended up a right mess come the end of the season with rips and holes in.

Unread 13-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
I had 11 of the 12 needed for the nou camp 99 . How I cursed not going to the fizzy pop cup that year ..

Had to buy one off a tout .
Had em all but nearly missed out cos of passport. Second cousin called in a Ken Ramsden favour so I could get one of the day trips without passport being shown.

Unread 13-02-2017, 07:02 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
My uncle stitched my dad up years ago. Rang him in a panic, asking if he had any spare match tokens. My dad asked, why, have the cup tickets been released? No, came the reply, I'm two short for Louis Edwards' funeral. What a shirt front.

Unread 13-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
My uncle stitched my dad up years ago. Rang him in a panic, asking if he had any spare match tokens. My dad asked, why, have the cup tickets been released? No, came the reply, I'm two short for Louis Edwards' funeral. What a shirt front.
Closed Thread