United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > TV / Film / Books / Arts
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2017, 06:47 AM
shenwen

Logan Lucky

Very disappointing. Good idea, great cast, but poor execution. Really messy plot, some awful turns - the British guy played by Seth McFarlane stands out - and a strange turn of direction two thirds in. Overall tone just wasn't right - never felt this bunch could pull off the job. The whole deep south backdrop - NASCAR, pageants, our troops - was odd. Played completely straight.

Unread 31-12-2017, 08:05 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Brawl in cell block 99

Absoiute dross. Vince Vaughn may have killed his career with this pile of shite. Can't believe it got decent ratings on IMDB .
IMDb ratings .... massively suss imo . Bots ? Fake accounts ?

Unread 31-12-2017, 12:54 PM
windy waffles

The Green Mile - Mrs had never seen it so stuck it on over Christmas. Easily one of the best films of all times and I cried like a little girl at the end. 9.5/10

Gone Girl - saw it at the cinema a few years ago but forgot just how good it was. The bird is an absolute nutjob and the ending was a bit annoying but a great film nonentheless. 8/10

Unread 31-12-2017, 08:58 PM
rubbernecker

Florida Project

Single parents and kids scraping a living off tourists near Disney World.Blackpool with sun.Nothing that Ken Loach hasn't been doing for years but enjoyable all the same

I Tonya

Stylised biopic of Tonya Harding.Decent enough

Unread 01-01-2018, 01:57 AM
Arnold Muhren

(SH)IT.
What were they thinking? An awful abortion of a "horror" film. Solely reliant on 'jump scare' moments throughout (which wore off after the 2nd or 3rd time) and far too much exposure of Pennywise. Not a patch on the original and thank fuck I didn't pay actual money to see it.
2/10 (Gets 2 as the actor playing Pennywise did a good job)

Unread 01-01-2018, 02:18 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Brawl in cell block 99

Absoiute dross. Vince Vaughn may have killed his career with this pile of shite. Can't believe it got decent ratings on IMDB .
best thing he has done in his career

Unread 03-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Jethro

Lucky - Harry Dean Stanton's final film and a fine swansong. Very poignant but definitely not for everyone. David Lynch having a pet tortoise is a particular highlight.

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle - 2004 feels like a lifetime ago. Kick started one of my favourite comedy trilogies.

Trading Places - Best tits in cinema history nqat

Kids of Violent Rome - Starts as a decent portrayal of socially confused youth in 70s Italy but quickly descends into a pretty nasty exploitation film.

Unread 03-01-2018, 01:40 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Lucky - Harry Dean Stanton's final film and a fine swansong. Very poignant but definitely not for everyone. David Lynch having a pet tortoise is a particular highlight.

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle - 2004 feels like a lifetime ago. Kick started one of my favourite comedy trilogies.

Trading Places - Best tits in cinema history nqat

Kids of Violent Rome - Starts as a decent portrayal of socially confused youth in 70s Italy but quickly descends into a pretty nasty exploitation film.

No one beats Alexander Daddario's.

Unread 03-01-2018, 02:21 PM
jem

finally watched valerian. many shit reviews (including by jethro and guerreiro here). had very low expectations. I liked it. soz. would like to think I would feel the same if it had, say, miranda instead of cara..... then again, I liked blake's 7. obvs, it was silly, schlocky and hammy. so? better than avatar, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
No one beats Alexander Daddario's.
prefer his sister, tbh.

Unread 04-01-2018, 11:46 AM
Jethro

Coming to America - Has not aged well at all. The main issue being it's just not that funny and it's way too long. The drama aspect is shit.
Closed Thread