United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Reply
 
Unread 06-12-2017, 02:37 AM
Crumps
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
They are, which is why theyre still clear favourites, but if we can get it down to five and rattle them a bit then I can potentially see their wheels come off. Maybe its wishful thinking, but were only one year removed from something similar.
Their players still have to get through two & more games a week over Xmas with players really not used to a festive fixture list. Is all well pressing like Barca but to do it in this league with the ridiculous calander is another thing all together. If we win on Sunday their lead could be wiped out in a week then how are they gonna react to that? Like slapped arsed Id imagine. KDBusst for Xmas please Santa.
 
Unread 06-12-2017, 06:43 AM
Kangared
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Their players still have to get through two & more games a week over Xmas with players really not used to a festive fixture list. Is all well pressing like Barca but to do it in this league with the ridiculous calander is another thing all together. If we win on Sunday their lead could be wiped out in a week then how are they gonna react to that? Like slapped arsed Id imagine. KDBusst for Xmas please Santa.
A loss to us & they are all of a sudden under massive pressure against Spurs
 
Unread 06-12-2017, 07:05 AM
Crumps
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
A loss to us & they are all of a sudden under massive pressure against Spurs
Yup, the past few games have seen their play gradually slow down and get a bit leggy at times too. Is always the danger of going hell for leather pressing all over the pitch. Happened to Liverpool last season as well as City but City have been able to sustain it a bit more due to how ridiculously stop start this season has been and the absolutely blinding form and fitness of KDB and Silva. All it takes is a drop of a couple of percent in performance and that slick passing game ends up with losing posesssion with bodies committed forward. Said from the start that style of play is not doable over the course of a season in this league. If they can get out of the other side of Xmas with an 8 point lead Ill take my hat off to them. Yet to see Pep play an alternative style with any real success too.
 
Unread 07-12-2017, 09:17 AM
saffers
 
Default

Sundays teamtalk big mou

 
Unread 07-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Zorg
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
KDBusst for Xmas please Santa.
ffs
 
Unread 07-12-2017, 09:42 AM
TheFatGoth
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Metallica (Apocalyptica)
 
Unread 07-12-2017, 10:15 AM
Cream
 
Default

Crumps with the knowledge there.

Forgot about Liverpool trying to sprint their way to glory, and failing.

Better squad depth at City though?
 
Unread 07-12-2017, 10:29 AM
TreeFiddy
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Cringe.
 
Unread 07-12-2017, 11:04 AM
My Name is Keith
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Yup, the past few games have seen their play gradually slow down and get a bit leggy at times too. Is always the danger of going hell for leather pressing all over the pitch. Happened to Liverpool last season as well as City but City have been able to sustain it a bit more due to how ridiculously stop start this season has been and the absolutely blinding form and fitness of KDB and Silva. All it takes is a drop of a couple of percent in performance and that slick passing game ends up with losing posesssion with bodies committed forward. Said from the start that style of play is not doable over the course of a season in this league. If they can get out of the other side of Xmas with an 8 point lead Ill take my hat off to them. Yet to see Pep play an alternative style with any real success too.
Sage. Crumps is the shout for SOTY this year imv.

Level headed, not prone to agenda bias, balanced, knows his shit and talks sense

Billy red also a good call but lacks brevity.
 
Unread 07-12-2017, 11:19 AM
saffers
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Cringe.
Almost as cringey as this

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Oh well. At least we won't have any false hope that our sub-par side is actually capable of winning the title.
Reply
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Mourinho's emotions last night confirm he is someone we need to defend 100%
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jose Mourinho reveals Manchester United have one more signing to make... but won't confirm if it's fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 21-07-2016 09:40 AM
Jose Mourinho goes through full range of emotions during first game in charge of Manchester United fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 16-07-2016 09:40 PM
Eric Bailly is Jose Mourinho's first signing as Manchester United manager, but how will £30m defend fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 09-06-2016 11:40 AM
Eric Bailly joins Manchester United for £30m as club confirm Jose Mourinho's first signing fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 08-06-2016 12:20 PM
Emotions running high between Ken Bates and Leeds United supporters fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 25-08-2011 12:00 AM
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.