United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:33 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Absolute cringe seeing people talk about an “unlimited budget” tbh

Same accusations were thrown at us during most of Fergie’s era. Was the secret to our success the money spent or the manager we had?
It was because our players were chock full of drugs.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:34 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It was because our players were chock full of drugs.
I wish i'd been on drugs this last couple of fucking weeks reading this place to be honest.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:36 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I wish i'd been on drugs this last couple of fucking weeks reading this place to be honest.
I wish I'd been while watching United

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I wish I'd been while watching United
could have probably played up front against leicester on ketamine and scored at least one of those fucking chances.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:39 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
City have the biggest budget in the country. We have the second. We really can't complain.

£75m went on a player who is horrible to watch. That's a choice.

Give him £200m extra and he wouldn't turn us in to anything I want to see.
I'm not complaining pal, just pointing out that what Guardiola can do at City is on another level to what Mou can do here (financially), that's a fact and it's one of the reasons they're so far ahead of the rest. Us having the second biggest budget and we're second...

I'd put money on Mourinho being as successful at City, would Guardiola be doing as well with us? Would he fuck...

No chance are we spending £130m on three full backs in one summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah Wilfred Bony was a Pep inspired choice too.

City always wanted Guardiola. He took a long time committing to them. In fact those high up at Bayern thought it might be United. But obviously we were dead set on the Giggs succession plan. Another spur of the moment idea we dropped as soon as the waters got choppy.
Wrong

He was always going there

End of.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:41 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I'm not complaining pal, just pointing out that what Guardiola can do at City is on another level to what Mou can do here (financially), that's a fact and it's one of the reasons they're so far ahead of the rest. Us having the second biggest budget and we're second...

I'd put money on Mourinho being as successful at City, would Guardiola be doing as well with us? Would he fuck...

No chance are we spending £130m on three full backs in one summer.
If the managers were the other way round the gap would be a lot less than... whatever the actual fuck it is

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
If the managers were the other way round the gap would be a lot less than... whatever the actual fuck it is
If the managers were the other way round Guardiola would have retired a week into the job after seeing the squad Van Gaal left.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:44 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Erm, we didn't have an unlimited budget though did we. We had more than the others but still had to balance the books etc

City DO have an unlimited budget, they can throw all sort of money at players and if that player doesn't work out then they'll just ship him out and sign another

What City are doing and can do is on another level.
Well, they don’t have an unlimited budget do they. Please stop talking shite.

If they did, they’d have Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo all playing for them.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:45 PM
andyroo

Quote:
If the managers were the other way round Guardiola would have retired a week into the job after seeing the squad Van Gaal left.
The one that finished one point behind the one he did get?

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:46 PM
AK14

Quote:
The one that finished one point behind the one he did get?

That's the one

He'd not have been allowed to spend £120m on three full backs in one summer though...