United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-04-2007, 11:06 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Johnny O'Shambles and Wes Clown will see us through.....and it will be all the sweeter for it
It would be the funniest thing in history if we won the European Cup Final with those 2 at centre back.

Unread 23-04-2007, 11:14 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
It would be the funniest thing in history if we won the European Cup Final with those 2 at centre back.
trouble is...how many of us would survive till the end of the match to witness it

Unread 23-04-2007, 11:14 AM
The Return of JC

I think Europe will ultimately hurt our domestic campaign.

I'd happily bow gracefully out of Europe now for wins at Everton and City.

I'd say we'll win at Everton next week if it wasn't sandwiched between both Milan ties.

Not to go over old ground, but part of me wishes we weren't in Europe.

I can't see us beating Milan with a patched up side. It's not just the defence either. Without Park and Saha we are lacking variety up front. Park offers energy and guile and frees up the likes of Giggs and Ronnie to play elsewhere. Fletcher and O'Shea can't even come in because they're needed at the back.
Smith has done well but I can't help but feel the games will catch up with him soon and I don't think he will last the pace of the next four season shaping games.
It's not just a few injuries, it's an injury crisis and I think it's changed the whole complexity of our season and certainly my outlook on it.

I just hope we can start to get one or two back (Park and Neville would be nice) by the Everton game.

Unread 23-04-2007, 11:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

What's the story on Andy Johnsons injury? Is he likely to play against us?

Unread 23-04-2007, 11:18 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
What's the story on Andy Johnsons injury? Is he likely to play against us?
I heard he was having a scan. That'd be a big boost if he was missing. he'll run rings around us if O'Shea or Heinze are at the back.

I also hope Carvalho is missing for Chelsea for a while. They're not the same without him at the back.
Closed Thread