United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-04-2007, 10:05 AM
muotmc

Default When Ferguson came out of the tunnel for the second half...

he turned to the Stretford End and starting raising his hands to encourage them to get behind the team.

As he turned away to walk towards the bench a loud chorus of boo's rang out.

Can someone clear up whether that was for something going on near the tunnel (i.e. Southgate entering the pitch, etc...) or was it a reaction to Ferguson's gesture* to the Stretford end?

*Allowed use of the word 'gesture' exhausted for today.

Unread 23-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Rhodzy

The Boro players were coming out right behind him

Unread 23-04-2007, 10:12 AM
muotmc

Cheers, that clears it up. Armchair fans are restricted to the Director's Cut. The camera stayed on Ferguson as he walked to the bench.

Unread 23-04-2007, 10:57 AM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
The Boro players were coming out right behind him
Yeah was definitely that.

Fergie was getting the crowd fired up and the Boro players walked out right after

Unread 23-04-2007, 10:59 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by muotmc
he turned to the Stretford End and starting raising his hands to encourage them to get behind the team.
i fuckin hate it when he does that

Unread 23-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Stan_Tier2

Quote:
Originally Posted by muotmc

As he turned away to walk towards the bench a loud chorus of boo's rang out.

Can someone clear up whether that was for something going on near the tunnel (i.e. Southgate entering the pitch, etc...) or was it a reaction to Ferguson's gesture* to the Stretford end?

*Allowed use of the word 'gesture' exhausted for today.

it was richardson

Unread 23-04-2007, 12:25 PM
TreeFiddy

If Fergie had any sense he'd gesture to the north and south stand since if they ever actually showed an interest in the game we wouldn't need to rely on the Stretty and the K stand to provide noise for the entire stadium.

Unread 23-04-2007, 12:27 PM
dakpul

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
i fuckin hate it when he does that
wouldn't need to do it if the fans weren't so quiet

Unread 23-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Barca '91

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
If Fergie had any sense he'd gesture to the north and south stand since if they ever actually showed an interest in the game we wouldn't need to rely on the Stretty and the K stand to provide noise for the entire stadium.
hell yeah

Unread 23-04-2007, 12:29 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakpul
wouldn't need to do it if the fans weren't so quiet
plenty of noise where i was sat !!

how would he like it if i stuck my head round the dressing room door and gave him and his player a good fuckin after saturdays lack lustre performance hey ?
Closed Thread