United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2016, 06:41 AM
Cream

Default The Smalling question

Mike has become a cracking defender under Van Gaal but suffers brain farts and has the distribution skills of Fellaini - he'll never change.

Daly Blind has also blossomed despite suffering from chronic slight frame.

What's the solution?

Surely Huth and Morgan aren't better footballers than Mike, but that didn't stop Leicester winning the league. Do we want to be Leicester though? Will they be ok in Europe with defenders like that?

I think Louis is on to something and deserves immense credit for what he's trying to achieve. We need a better Smalling....

Unread 18-05-2016, 06:44 AM
believe

We need to buy a leader to partner Smalling and let Blind assume the Carrick role. It's been ridiculed before but I'd take Terry for a year.

Unread 18-05-2016, 10:05 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
It's been ridiculed before but I'd take Terry for a year.
there has to be better options than John £#%&!ing Terry

Unread 18-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
We need to buy a leader to partner Smalling and let Blind assume the Carrick role. It's been ridiculed before but I'd take Terry for a year.
It will be ridiculed again.

Unread 18-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Mike has become a cracking defender under Van Gaal but suffers brain farts and has the distribution skills of Fellaini - he'll never change.

What's the solution?

Surely Huth and Morgan aren't better footballers than Mike, but that didn't stop Leicester winning the league. Do we want to be Leicester though? Will they be ok in Europe with defenders like that?

I think Louis is on to something and deserves immense credit for what he's trying to achieve. We need a better Smalling....
we need a much better smalling for some games and we need a more standard partner for smalling in others. last night smalling was a liability. on saturday i imagine he could be vital.

Unread 18-05-2016, 10:31 AM
ryanMUFC

He looks uncomfortable with a football at his feet sometimes. If there were two solid CB's out there I'd take them over him. He has a mistake in him.

Unread 18-05-2016, 10:37 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Terry has signed a new one year deal.

Unread 18-05-2016, 10:37 AM
King Eric

We need to unearth the next Stam, or Vidic from somewhere to partner Smalling who I rate highly. Where from I don't know.

Unread 18-05-2016, 10:38 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

What's the solution?

Unread 18-05-2016, 10:46 AM
Rashnaldo

Our CBs are the biggest @#%&! on the team tbh, every important game we took 3 goals : Wolfsburg, Liverpool in the EL, West Ham...

Very scared of these 2 shitting the bed in the FA Cup Final tbh...

Maybe Mourinho sees something in TFM, but we do have to buy a top CB.

Unread 18-05-2016, 10:54 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

He's had a good season. One of the very few who can look back on this year and be happy with how they've played and what they've brought to the team.

Incredible how far he's come the last 18 months, he was finished under Moyes and had a poor start under van Gaal but since the City red he's been good and deserves credit for turning his career around.

Is he good enough? Who knows, depends on the manager, ambitions, type of game he's asked to play and wherever he can stay fit but he'll be given the chance.

Add a quality CB next to him and lets see what they can do.

Unread 18-05-2016, 10:55 AM
Stickman

Quote:
I assume you're Wumming re Terry.

Blind isn't good enough to be a mainstay in the Carrick role, or perhaps he is under realigned expectations. Squad player for me and a good one at that.

I think Smalling is good enough but needs a strong partner in his ear. A top quality defender in the 29-32 age range wouldn't go amiss right now.

Unread 18-05-2016, 10:59 AM
morgan

Quote:
Lionheart has just signed a 1 year deal with Chelsea

Thank £#%&!

Unread 18-05-2016, 11:36 AM
signed dc

sounds like a (crap) 70s spy film

Unread 18-05-2016, 11:42 AM
waynes ear's

How old is Godin?

Unread 18-05-2016, 11:44 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
How old is Godin?

Unread 18-05-2016, 01:17 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
How old is Godin?
I think Barcelona or some £#%&!er are after him.

I'm still confused as to how pairing Smalling with an experienced centre back will stop him from being shit with the ball. Unless he's banned from bringing the ball forward.

Unread 18-05-2016, 01:31 PM
redhegemony

would help if he at least learned this

Unread 18-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
He's had a good season. One of the very few who can look back on this year and be happy with how they've played and what they've brought to the team.
he's also made a whole series of laughable and/or incompetent errors that have cost us goals.

Unread 18-05-2016, 03:15 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
last night smalling was a liability.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
he's also made a whole series of laughable and/or incompetent errors that have cost us goals.

throb's phonograph and its single record.
Closed Thread