United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 01:28 PM
TheFatGoth

Default Gundogan to city

Good signing for Pep.

Can really see City challenging Leicester and Spurs next season tbf.

Old 11-04-2016, 02:26 PM
erictheking7

https://memecrunch.com/meme/2SACD/village-idiot

Old 11-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheking7
WAYSH?

Old 06-05-2016, 04:40 PM
puressence

like i said elsewhere kompany mk2 dislocated his knee cap

Old 06-05-2016, 04:45 PM
Tiberian

Their midfield is shit, so a ball playing midfielder was always going to be his first priority.

Probably play him at CB, Student of Van Gaal

Old 06-05-2016, 04:51 PM
browser

they'll be onto Kroos and Sanches now.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Their midfield is shit, so a ball playing midfielder was always going to be his first priority.

Probably play him at CB, Student of Van Gaal
Tbh Hummels to Bayern makes me think that Javi Martinez will be in City's backline next season.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbh Hummels to Bayern makes me think that Javi Martinez will be in City's backline next season.
If he tries to defend in the PL as he has in Germany he will be asking for trouble. City is a major challenge for him, a competitive league for a start and he is not walking into a perfect scenario with a team ready to go.

Old squad, will have to make changes to play his style of football. Are any of their defenders capable in his system? Can not see Otamendi lasting long under Pep, has struggled this season, undersized for his position in the PL and not great on the ball.

He will have plenty of money to spend and his name will draw top players there, that is the fear.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
If he tries to defend in the PL as he has in Germany he will be asking for trouble. City is a major challenge for him, a competitive league for a start and he is not walking into a perfect scenario with a team ready to go.

Old squad, will have to make changes to play his style of football. Are any of their defenders capable in his system? Can not see Otamendi lasting long under Pep, has struggled this season, undersized for his position in the PL and not great on the ball.

He will have plenty of money to spend and his name will draw top players there, that is the fear.
Yep, can see why United didn't go hard for Otamendi. Inferior to Smalling.

I do think his biggest problem will be getting the right players for him. Arguably LvG's main failure so far.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:31 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep, can see why United didn't go hard for Otamendi. Inferior to Smalling.

I do think his biggest problem will be getting the right players for him. Arguably LvG's main failure so far.
Clearly I would say, I will never understand the Falcao scenario, not just in buying him but how he structured the rest of the attack, 3 old strikers who had all struggled to form working partnerships. Stripped the squad of any pacy back up and left us utterly reliant on Di Maria settling for any penetration and creativity.

Only really in the last 2-3 months he has been able to find an attack with chemistry and balance for all their inconsistency. Created a lot of his own problems.
Closed Thread