United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer
Closed Thread
 
Unread 19-11-2013, 02:44 PM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
I'm not sure what you do professionally but more or less every finance professional accepts that this was a high risk, high reward strategy at a very bullish period for majorly indebted buyouts just three years before world wide financial meltdown - as you've acknowledged, the fact it hinged on the health and well being of a man in his late 60s made it even more precarious.
Fuck me, every dog in the street knew it. No problem going for the shit or bust for the glazers when the only bust was ever only going to be manchester united if it all down the shitter.

It further precariously hinged on another geriatric swine in the form of Murdoch too. But it was never ever in any doubt don't you know.
 
Unread 19-11-2013, 02:48 PM
jem
 
Default

not forgetting those on both sides of the argument who didn't think the glazers could get away with selling ronaldo and rooney without staring a revolution.
 
Unread 19-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Tumescent Throb
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
I'm not sure what you do professionally but more or less every finance professional accepts that this was a high risk, high reward strategy at a very bullish period for majorly indebted buyouts just three years before world wide financial meltdown - as you've acknowledged, the fact it hinged on the health and well being of a man in his late 60s made it even more precarious.
the problem with this line about finance professionals at the time and still today is that most of these people knew fuck all about football and everything they know now is thanks to watching this takeover

i never and still don't say it was never in doubt due to financial forecasts and the global market. i say it because i never for one moment thought that tv and sponsorship wouldn't more than cover it.

that's the reason i've always thought the finance industry bankrolled these cunts to do the dirty deed - because far from being risky, it was a fucking absolute no brainer to take over United for the price they got it for and at the time they got it.

ps not sure i acknowledged that the whole thing was reliant on fergie btw - fergie was there is what I said, but also that at the time of the takeover united were as far from being the top team as at any time in the last 2 decades

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
The Glazers don't give a fuck about the fans or rather they've done an excellent job in managing the risk of a boycott out of their business model.

There will probably be another green and gold away kit soon to give Drasdo a final kick in the bollocks

Bellers, North Stand (G Stand in old money). ST was 551 now 930ish. Even if you're naive enough to think they had nothing to do with the spring 2005 rise you can use 684 as your base figure and get 36%
the real question mark would be if you're naive enough to think that the club had nothing to do with the price hike and the takeover coming at the same time

agree about drasdo, obviously. however, i will give him - must anyway - some credit for getting into dialogue with united as quickly as he/they have post-fergie/gill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
throbbers, this just isn't true. basically, rougers and misers are right and you are full of hot air.

the glazers lumbered the club with risky debt. not particularly risky for them. they had a plan that only really had an upside. for them.

people who buy clubs like united are expected to put money in. they and their deb extracted funds (from fans), leaving enough for the club to bump along, not shine. the success has been despite them, not because of them. nothing that they did in terms of sponsorship and "maximising revenues" required a leveraged takeover.

they are carpetbagging cunts who don't prioritise football. just look at our midfield.

you're a russian roulette player who got through the first round. everyone else is screaming "put the fuckng gun down".

this is just a metaphor. irl, we'd be chanting "again ... again.... again..... ooooh."
come on admit it, you knew it was empty didn't you :big hugs:

you have a point as always. i don't defend them, i just never saw any great threat to united from them - no more than any other finance motivated takeover, and the model they chose of continuing to let united people run the club was the right one (and still is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Fuck me, every dog in the street knew it. No problem going for the shit or bust for the glazers when the only bust was ever only going to be manchester united if it all down the shitter.

It further precariously hinged on another geriatric swine in the form of Murdoch too. But it was never ever in any doubt don't you know.
not sure why people have such a problem with an opposite point of view tbh. if you prefer to think there was a realistic chance of united going tits up that's fine by me. i think you're wrong but so what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not forgetting those on both sides of the argument who didn't think the glazers could get away with selling ronaldo and rooney without starting a revolution.
no-one really thinks they wanted to sell either of them. the fact rooney has remained despite asking away twice kind of confirms it, and ronaldo only went after a world record cash deal as well. not saying they gave a shit about keeping him obviously...

Last edited by Tumescent Throb; 19-11-2013 at 03:26 PM.
 
Unread 19-11-2013, 04:13 PM
atticusgrinch
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Shouldn't you be defending people against the grammar police
I cannot defend the indefensible.
 
Unread 19-11-2013, 04:32 PM
red in cumbria
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
I cannot defend the indefensible.
Be fair, at least he didn't use "of" in place of "have"
 
Unread 19-11-2013, 04:46 PM
TripDownMiseryLane
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Be fair, at least he didn't use "of" in place of "have"
Two grammar securitate agents on my case:shakehead:

Defending the indefensible Atticus? thought that was what you do for a living Expect it from the memory man of cumbria, that post was about two years ago.....
 
Unread 19-11-2013, 05:19 PM
jem
 
Default

just as well the typo police didn't spot my staring and deb references.
 
Unread 19-11-2013, 05:21 PM
atticusgrinch
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
just as well the typo police didn't spot my staring and deb references.
Quote:
.suck my cock, apple cunts
Just seen that.

Seen on a PC as well. Sickening.
 
Unread 19-11-2013, 05:37 PM
jem
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
. i don't defend them, i just never saw any great threat to united from them - no more than any other finance motivated takeover, and the model they chose of continuing to let united people run the club was the right one (and still is).
there was an existential threat simply due to the existence of debt and the possibility of not hitting targets. I would argue that the threat of reduced spending was a reality, rather than a possibility.

whether you think their model is right depends on whether you include expecting other people to pay off the debt for them or any moral position. plus, moyes and his staff represent a massive risk according to your philosophy. glad to have you on board.
 
Unread 19-11-2013, 05:48 PM
Tumescent Throb
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
there was an existential threat simply due to the existence of debt and the possibility of not hitting targets. I would argue that the threat of reduced spending was a reality, rather than a possibility.

whether you think their model is right depends on whether you include expecting other people to pay off the debt for them or any moral position. plus, moyes and his staff represent a massive risk according to your philosophy. glad to have you on board.
moyes is a risk, and the people thye've allowed him to bring with him even more so

on the other hand fergie remains, and giggs, neville, butt and scholes are still involved

it's a pity none of hughes, bruce, robson or keane really managed to make a case to take the helm, so presumably they believe moyes is the safest bet to continue the job until one of the 92 lads or maybe ole is ready?
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: So according to Andersred...
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
http://andersred.blogspot.com/ 19/1/11 Tumescent Throb Football 69 21-01-2011 11:07 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:51 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.