United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2010, 04:00 AM
borsuk

Default fergie on his successor: united need experience, will not have a young manager

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson has cited Wayne Rooney's contract dispute with Manchester United as a reason he feels it imperative the club employ an experienced manager as his successor.

Ferguson acknowledged that Rooney's aggressively pitched attempt to leave the club, followed by a remarkable change of mind and eventually the signing of a new five-year contract, had cast football in a bad light and he attributed his ability to handle the pressure to his own vast experience.

"I don't think Manchester United could ever go down the road of having a young manager, to be honest with you," he said. "It's a job that needs a lot of experience at the top end of the game. We have the benefit of my 24 years at the club, so fortunately that's the way we could deal with it.

"At Manchester United, you can never be surprised. There is always something happening in the club and there are always issues to deal with. I don't think you can deny we got a lot of publicity that we didn't enjoy, but you have to deal with these situations and I think we dealt with it very well.

"I've got the benefit of having been at the club for such a long time I have experienced a lot of things.It's big enough dealing with winning matches without the publicity attached that doesn't always put football in a good light.

"We always try to always be a good part of the game, and all the right things about the game, but for a couple of days last week, there was unfortunate information, you know? To be manager of our club, you have to have someone strong who can deal with all these issues."

Ferguson, speaking to the New York-based satellite radio station Sirius, appears to hold Rooney's agent, Paul Stretford, partly responsible. "The modern trend with agents is that they are never criticised by journalists because that is their feeding foundation and where they get all their stories and complete knowledge of what is happening with a lot of players. That was the area where we were handicapped."

Ferguson will field a young and experimental side against Wolverhampton Wanderers in the Carling Cup tonight, his priority being Saturday's league game at home to Tottenham. "We have thrown away some games, like a two-goal lead at Everton, missing a penalty at Fulham; we've thrown away points. But we are still in there and there are 29 games to go.

"There are a lot of twists and turns to run yet. At the moment Chelsea have done very little wrong but if you look at our programme, we have had a much harder programme than the rest. We've been to Everton, Sunderland, Stoke, Bolton - all these difficult places where nobody enjoys going, but we've got them out of the road now. The result at Stoke [a 2-1 win on Sunday] has had a galvanising effect on the club but we have to motor on now."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...n-wayne-rooney

Unread 26-10-2010, 04:04 AM
Stickman

You want Jose don't you Borsuk?

Unread 26-10-2010, 04:17 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
You want Jose don't you Borsuk?
that's right mate

Unread 26-10-2010, 04:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
that's right mate

Unread 26-10-2010, 05:24 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
that's right mate
in one sentence, please sway me. Because i dont want that preening gobshite anywhere near OT

Unread 26-10-2010, 05:31 AM
rafabio

experienced manager you say? We have Moyes ready to take over with his long list of trophies, man management of world class players etc

Unread 26-10-2010, 05:33 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
in one sentence, please sway me. Because i dont want that preening gobshite anywhere near OT
no. he's an utter @#%&!, i hope he never darkens the door of old trafford.

Unread 26-10-2010, 05:38 AM
rafabio

Quote:
no. he's an utter @#%&!, i hope he never darkens the door of old trafford.
as if the door is shining right now. you are obsessed with mourinho.

Unread 26-10-2010, 05:50 AM
Zorg

I'm sure Eriksson could be prised away from Leicester

Unread 26-10-2010, 06:41 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
and you are a £#%&!ing #@&%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I'm sure Eriksson could be prised away from Leicester

probably could, but £#%&! him.

Unread 26-10-2010, 06:53 AM
koppas

Jose is the only man for the job. Nailed on.

Unread 26-10-2010, 06:55 AM
MUFC One Love

Mourinho is experienced and will almost certainly be the new United manager. He's got exactly what Fergie says, the ability to deal with all the shit that happens at/surrounds United.

Unread 26-10-2010, 06:57 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Mourinho is experienced and will almost certainly be the new United manager. He's got exactly what Fergie says, the ability to deal with all the shit that happens at/surrounds United.
He's the only manager with thick enough skin to take the job.

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:02 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
It's not just that, he's also got the ability to deal with situations. He clearly wants to manage United too, for the right reasons.

United to get bought out in the next year or 2, Mourinho to come to United and bringing Ronaldo and Ozil with him?

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:07 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
wasn't me who brought either maureen or moyes into the thread. unlike you, i haven't commented on any other posters either.

and yes, the door is 'shining' right now in the glow of the greatest manager in the history of the modern game. hth clears it up for you.

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:09 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
wasn't me who brought either maureen or moyes into the thread. unlike you, i haven't commented on any other posters either.
Thought it was odd sharath said that, considering he's absolutely obsessed with Moyes.

He hates the thought of United signing players/having a manager with a british name.

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:18 AM
armchair

Joe Kinnear

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:18 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Thought it was odd sharath said that, considering he's absolutely obsessed with Moyes.

He hates the thought of United signing players/having a manager with a british name.
he is hardly talented for me to be impressed with him... moyes and mourinho... yeah I am for the option of having mourinho because moyes is british

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:19 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Whilst I think that Jose is the only manager with the charisma and the the presensce not to sit in SAF's shadow as united manager I don't think he is particularly thick skinned, he is always having a rant about something somebody has said about him.

Unread 26-10-2010, 07:21 AM
Switching Off

Ollie. He'll be 60 by the time Fergie retires.
Closed Thread