United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2009, 10:55 AM
Rossi the Red

Thumbs up That 3rd goal last night was like a flash back to last season!

Counter attacking football at it's best. What was it, 11 seconds from their corner to us scoring? Unbelievably good!

I just feel we will never score goals like that when Berbatov is playing, he'd still be in the penalty area by the time we score

This is by no means a dig at Berba, i am one of his biggest fans. I just feel when we attack at that sort of pace like we did last night, teams can't live with us.

However, we're top of the league and in the final of the champions league so does it matter how we play?

I think Fergie has raised the bar with his management (if this is possible) with picking a different team for each opponent. Has he named the same starting XI for 2 games on a trot this season? I'm pretty sure he hasn't. You think back to the days when Benitez changed the team every week but couldn't get consistent performances out of his players yet we can. It just shows what a great manager Fergie is. He'll keep the foundations at the back the same but the way players can just come in and out of the rest of the team and play like a team that never changes is a credit to the whole club.

This is the best squad we have ever had imo. Any problems a team poses for us, we have an answer for now. I'm so confident we'll win in Rome, players all hitting form at the right time.

WATPOAE.

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:50 AM
red red robbo

Never mind last year, it was like a flash back to 1994 That was typical of the way we played then, every corner against us was likely to end up ni a shooting chance for us. With the assured gathering of the ball and quick distribution of Schmeichel, to the lightning speed of Kanchelskis, Sharp or Giggs to the incisive finishing of Hughes or Cantona it was football of a speed and ruthlessness that n oone could live with and I loved it.

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Baron

it was only possible due to Arsenal being so hopelessly exposed chasing the improbable.

Superbly executed though.

Unread 06-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Chorlton74

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Never mind last year, it was like a flash back to 1994 That was typical of the way we played then, every corner against us was likely to end up ni a shooting chance for us. With the assured gathering of the ball and quick distribution of Schmeichel, to the lightning speed of Kanchelskis, Sharp or Giggs to the incisive finishing of Hughes or Cantona it was football of a speed and ruthlessness that n oone could live with and I loved it.
Sheffield United was a prime example of that. lightning quick goal. think it was the same night that Hughes gave Tuttle that deserved kick up the arse.

13 seconds last night. hth

Unread 06-05-2009, 04:14 PM
wee man

was very like the goal v Bolton from a couple of years ago

Unread 06-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Brock

Yeah, reminded me of the Bolton goal too

Unread 06-05-2009, 06:15 PM
Zorg

Amazing really, Wenger's Arsenal invent attacking football and then boring old United steal it and use it against them.

Unread 06-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Switching Off

Q. What's the difference between time served and JCL?

A. ***spoiler***
[quote=Chorlton74;1503587]Sheffield United was a prime example of that. lightning quick goal. think it was the same night that Hughes gave Tuttle that deserved kick up the arse.

13 seconds last night. hth[/quote]

[quote=wee man;1504073]was very like the goal v Bolton from a couple of years ago[/quote]

Unread 06-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Sparky***

they just monitored ronaldo's run from his own half on sky.

apparently he was doing 20mph and would have done the 100m in about 11 seconds or something.
Closed Thread