Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:52 PM
Dacter

Leave antony alone!!

Unread 22-04-2024, 01:00 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
Not a player but Mourinho holding up three fingers haunts me.
Worst. Kit-Kat. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter View Post
Leave antony alone!!
Is that what opposing managers say to their defenders?

“He can’t do a bloody thing anyway. Concentrate on marking a hatstand or any potential poltergeists at corners instead of that Brazilian Adjacent Wife Beating Fraud.

I swear he’s like Leo di Caprio in Catch Me If You Can.

He’ll be pretending to be a doctor, a pilot, a cop too in his lifetime.

When he is rumbled and he’s exposed - the jurors will laugh that he got away with pretending to be a £80m winger for United .

Unread 22-04-2024, 01:26 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
Very odd if so. Was happy for him and good on the lad with the pressure he’s under.

yep 100%

And me, it was embarrassing, a small time gesture. Not a huge deal in the scheme of things but I’d have hoped he was above that, I’d want our players to be the bigger man ideally - humility is something scousers lack, not us.
No big deal agreed, he's more embarrassing as a player

Unread 22-04-2024, 01:36 PM
avocado

[quote=Bunker Buster;6065623]It was actually Antony who was first over to him, evil evil Antony ...

Eriksen was first to Rasmus with something less than a sprint ...

Unread 22-04-2024, 01:45 PM
shenwen

[quote=avocado;6065665]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
It was actually Antony who was first over to him, evil evil Antony ...

https://twitter.com/_StrettyEnd/stat...HmDhZe5aQ&s=19

Eriksen was first to Rasmus with something less than a sprint ...
Antony actually ignored Rasmus.

Like he does every game

Unread 22-04-2024, 01:46 PM
BigRonManager

Reg flags of weak, child-like mentalities all throughout our squad. This guy got taken out with a clean tackle yesterday and was waving him arm in the air signaling to the bench before he even hit the turf. I don't know where their minds are, but it's certainly not solely on the game.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Whip Hubley

Don't really care that Antony cupped his ears although it was pretty £#%&!ing cringey, made my teeth itch a bit.

More concerned that he's most definitely absolutely £#%&!ing shite. Which is mad really because I thought he'd turned a corner with that single assist against chelsea in that game we lost the other week.

Another player for the bin list in the summer. That's quite a list by now.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:32 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Don't really care that Antony cupped his ears although it was pretty £#%&!ing cringey, made my teeth itch a bit.

More concerned that he's most definitely absolutely £#%&!ing shite. Which is mad really because I thought he'd turned a corner with that single assist against chelsea in that game we lost the other week.

Another player for the bin list in the summer. That's quite a list by now.
All except Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund imo.

Would cheerfully see all the rest leave.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:38 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
All except Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund imo.

Would cheerfully see all the rest leave.
Tin hat, but there's something I don't like about this kid. He's done £#%&! all in the game to be up to these antics every time he gets subbed. Wtf is he going to be like when he's actually achieved something? People going a bit ott about him too.

Anyway, fire away...

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:42 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager View Post
Tin hat, but there's something I don't like about this kid. He's done £#%&! all in the game to be up to these antics every time he gets subbed. Wtf is he going to be like when he's actually achieved something? People going a bit ott about him too.

Anyway, fire away...
I’d say it’s certainly a concern, not sure where on the Magic scale (tm) but pretty low I’d imagine.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:47 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Anyway, fire away...
He's by far the biggest attacking threat we have and he's usually getting subbed off for Antony and ahead of Rashford. He's got every right to think that's a piss-take

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:53 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd View Post
He's by far the biggest attacking threat we have and he's usually getting subbed off for Antony and ahead of Rashford. He's got every right to think that's a piss-take
Agree, but it’s his attitude in showing his arse every time like a spoilt child. Weren’t we 3-0 up? He should be flattered that ETH is protecting our best talent for the next games.

He’ll be off to Madrid anyway pretty soon so it’s immaterial, reckon we have another season at best, and that’s only because they are forking out for Mbappe this summer.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:53 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Think what you want. Act like a pro. He's not the manager and is entitled to precisely nothing.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:56 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
Agree, but it’s his attitude in showing his arse every time like a spoilt child. Weren’t we 3-0 up? He should be flattered that ETH is protecting our best talent for the next games.

He’ll be off to Madrid anyway pretty soon so it’s immaterial, reckon we have another season at best, and that’s only because they are forking out for Mbappe this summer.
Our next games are Sheffied United and Burnley as we battle for 7th place. He's been subbed in important games that were in the balance ahead of the likes of Rashford who are contributing nothing so it isn't a one-off, I don't think he's the only one in the squad that loses respect for the manager with his sub choices.

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:58 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
Our next games are Sheffied United and Burnley as we battle for 7th place. He's been subbed in important games that were in the balance ahead of the likes of Rashford who are contributing nothing so it isn't a one-off, I don't think he's the only one in the squad that loses respect for the manager with his sub choices.
So Sancho was right then?

Unread 22-04-2024, 02:58 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Think what you want. Act like a pro. He's not the manager and is entitled to precisely nothing.
He’s 19 and I’d argue he’s one of the top pros currently at the club based on actual performance, effort levels and general attitude on the pitch. Never gives up. I get frustrated with him sometimes when he has off games, or is too greedy or makes the wrong pass, but then I remember his age and the fact he’s playing consistently at this level is testament to his ability imo.

Biggest issue with him is that he looks like Simple Jack.

Unread 22-04-2024, 03:02 PM
Zorg

Quote:
It shouldn't have mattered on Saturday. 3-0 up against a Championship side with 20 minutes to go and a game on Wednesday was an obvious opportunity to give him a rest.

Unread 22-04-2024, 03:04 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
So Sancho was right then?
He's about as different from Sancho as it's possible to be. Garnacho grafts non-stop and I can't be arsed to check but would guess he has more goals and assists this season than Rashford and Antony combined. He's didn't act up when he was inexplicably subbed at Chelsea a few weeks ago having scored two goals but the idiot in charge didn't learn his lesson and again we lost a lead when we took off our biggest attacking threat. Respect is earned and the manager has done everything possible this season to erode his own authority.

Unread 22-04-2024, 03:29 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:
He's about as different from Sancho as it's possible to be. Garnacho grafts non-stop and I can't be arsed to check but would guess he has more goals and assists this season than Rashford and Antony combined. He's didn't act up when he was inexplicably subbed at Chelsea a few weeks ago having scored two goals but the idiot in charge didn't learn his lesson and again we lost a lead when we took off our biggest attacking threat. Respect is earned and the manager has done everything possible this season to erode his own authority.
No it’s not. The manager of Man Utd is the manager of Man Utd, regardless of whether we like him or agree with him. You make it acceptable for 19 year old first-years to start showing out then before you know it, it’s happening to a manager you DO like.

Mainoo gets taken off too. I don’t see him throwing strops.

Unread 22-04-2024, 03:32 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
No it’s not. The manager of Man Utd is the manager of Man Utd, regardless of whether we like him or agree with him. You make it acceptable for 19 year old first-years to start showing out then before you know it, it’s happening to a manager you DO like.

Mainoo gets taken off too. I don’t see him throwing strops.
Different players have different temperaments. Pretty sure Garnacho was called out previously for buying into his own hype a bit, iirc he was dropped for a few games. The fact he hasn’t been dropped since indicates he’s ironed out any genuine issues with his attitude/behaviour.

You see a strop, I see fiery Latino passion.