United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 04-04-2024, 10:48 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
It was a £#%&!ing great game. We were unlucky to lose it. They were lucky to win it. Both teams defendended shit but it was a great game
She led an amazing life.

Unread 04-04-2024, 10:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Oh yeah. Kick in the %@#$&!s way to lose but it was a fluke way to lose. Fluke of a game. It was chaos. We're chaos. Chelsea are chaos but it's pointless trying to apportion blame. It was a perfect storm. In amongst the disgust at the end, I also found lots I loved in the 100 minutes.
There’s definitely blame imo.

I don’t think it’s luck but more our lot switching off/not being arsed/too £#%&!ed to close a man down from a short corner.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:02 PM
Dacter

Don’t be too down, we may have £#%&!ed up a lead to lose in injury time but at least it was a great game…

£#%&! me, there’s standards for you.

Don’t give a £#%&! how entertaining a game it was for neutrals, I’m incensed at the lot of them. They should be flinching to look in the mirror after that %@#$&!s.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:12 PM
magic_cantona

How can we go at a team like that but do absolutely £#%&! all against Brentford? It's the same paradoxically shit stuff every week.

Do Liverpool and look like "this is the corner! We've turned it!". Play £#%&!ing garbage Brentford and revert to type. Still, at least it can't get worse.

It does get worse.

Every time.we have a chance to build something, we shit @#%&! a performance and go back to having absolutely no hope. This season has been horrendous. One of the worst since SAF left in terms of the football and the state of the team.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:13 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Oh yeah. Kick in the %@#$&!s way to lose but it was a fluke way to lose. Fluke of a game. It was chaos. We're chaos. Chelsea are chaos but it's pointless trying to apportion blame. It was a perfect storm. In amongst the disgust at the end, I also found lots I loved in the 100 minutes.
It was two bald men fighting over a comb. In two matches running we were winning in the 97th minute and ended up drawing one and losing the other.

Because we’re a badly coached mess with too many extremely stupid players.

Keep Garnacho, Hojlund and Mainoo, bin the rest.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
There were moments, usually from the younger players - but i'm so tired of this season. We're only ever a couple of minutes away from total catastrophe in any game and you can barely enjoy any moments because they're so fleeting you know that the next kick in the %@#$&!s is only ever a couple of minutes away.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:15 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
There were moments, usually from the younger players - but i'm so tired of this season. We're only ever a couple of minutes away from total catastrophe in any game and you can barely enjoy any moments because they're so fleeting you know that the next kick in the %@#$&!s is only ever a couple of minutes away.
Even the wins are snatched. Its terrible.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:19 PM
marlo

“Shots faced as a stat is just the Abu’s looking for something to beat United up about”

The next game we lose by a last minute shot that we shouldn’t have been allowing the team to have…

That’s why a good team should be conceding some many shots.
We conceded the most in top flight Europe in 2024 after tonight’s 25.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:24 PM
Msgr A Brook

Great night, been to watch Tim Dillon at the Apollo. He was better than expected, did fifteen minutes on Andrew Tate in Romania which was very funny and kept us engaged for more or less the hour and ten minutes he was on. Good lad, a solid 7/10. Then of course, Utd had to ruin my good mood. Such is life.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:30 PM
jem

the only surprising thing about that game was that sterling didn't score.

win or lose, we are all over the shop.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:36 PM
Travis Bickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
We conceded the most in top flight Europe in 2024 after tonight’s 25.
You absolutely loved typing that, didn't you? Had it on auto for weeks. You total piss stain.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:38 PM
marlo

Every game a new record.

59 shots conceded in two games at Manchester United .

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:40 PM
pedr0

fully with suedeshoes on this one.

anyone still letting each bad result ruin their mood is frankly ridiculous. so what if we end up finishing 7th instead of 6th.

without the broader context that a title race brings, where every point matters, every dour 1-0 win is savoured...you can only enjoy each match at face value.

matches like tonight or Liverpool are far more entertaining than some of the dross served up earlier in the season. give me more chaosball! some we will win, some we will lose. and in the end we'll still be 6th.

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Shots...

Fifty nine

Unread 04-04-2024, 11:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0

anyone still letting each bad result ruin their mood is frankly ridiculous. so what if we end up finishing 7th instead of 6th.

without the broader context that a title race brings, where every point matters, every dour 1-0 win is savoured...you can only enjoy each match at face value.

matches like tonight or Liverpool are far more entertaining than some of the dross served up earlier in the season. give me more chaosball! some we will win, some we will lose. and in the end we'll still be 6th.
don't do that. People are perfectly entitled to be pissed off after that. You can't just pretend not to care especially when it happens like that.

Personally i'm more exhausted from this shit than anything else but i can't blame people for being annoyed.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:06 AM
Msgr A Brook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
don't do that. People are perfectly entitled to be pissed off after that. You can't just pretend not to care especially when it happens like that.

Personally i'm more exhausted from this shit than anything else but i can't blame people for being annoyed.
Spot on.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:09 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Shots...

Fifty nine

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:15 AM
tatty

Taking on all comers in the shot league.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:16 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
It’s a pointless stat. Sure, some goals we concede may come from shots but so do the goals we score! We had 13 throw-ins tonight - 2 more than Chelsea. The fact we didn’t capitalise them is precisely the problem, not shots on target ffs. 🤡

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:22 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0

How many balls have you kicked in your life?

Conducting a survey