United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:09 PM
koppas

Red face Massimo Tiabi

Saw a clip of him on some show on Sky Sports the other day and he was being touted as one of the worst players to have ever played in the Premier League etc.

I have always though he got a raw deal personally and wasn't really given a chance.

MOTM in his first game at Anfield.

Granted, he £#%&!ed up with THAT goal vs Southampton in the 3-3 draw.

Letting in five at Stamford Bridge was a low point, let's not beat around the bush. :shakehead:

To £#%&! him off though ,after that, bit harsh?

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Worst player after 4 games, ok

Glad they're forgetting about some of the shite the promoted teams bring with them every season.

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:11 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Saw a clip of him on some show on Sky Sports the other day and he was being touted as one of the worst players to have ever played in the Premier League etc.

I have always though he got a raw deal personally and wasn't really given a chance. Ddn't we sign him and Ben Foster on the same day, too?

Letting in five at Stamford Bridge was a low point, let's not beat around the bush. :shakehead:

he played four games. He was man of the match in one of them. everyone deserves more of a chance than that.

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:11 PM
Stickman

Always said his sale was strange.

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:13 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Didn't he win MOTM in half of all of his performances for United?

He was hard done by, made a perfectly decent career for himself in Italy after his United debacle. The only reason he is remembered so badly is he was treated so badly by the press as any story about United that wasn't about us winning was a headline then as it was so out of the ordinary.

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:14 PM
waynes ear's

Bosnich was worse

elephantstone

obviously the Southampton game rocked his confidence and Fergie's belief in him. I rated him was superb in that first game at Anfield

koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
he played four games. He was man of the match in one of them. everyone deserves more of a chance than that.
The bit about Ben Foster has been scrubbed out of the original post, can't remember which keeper we signed the same time as him but I'm sure it happened.

Anyway.

I agree. Throwing him into the gauntlet away at Anfield and then at Stamford Bridge (although they weren't rivals like they are now).

He shouldve had a few more games imo. Silvestre made his debut in the same game also, I think, and he was shocking too.

#Harsh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Bosnich was worse
Can only remember him having one good game. That World Cup match back in 1999. He was fooking shite.

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:18 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

I have always though he got a raw deal personally and wasn't really given a chance.

He made a lot of mistakes in that game as well and one of them resulted in a goal for Hyypia

I could never trust a goal keeper that wears tracksuit bottoms instead of shorts :shakehead:

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:18 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He made a lot of mistakes in that game as well and one of them resulted in a goal for Hyypia

I could never trust a goal keeper that wears tracksuit bottoms instead of shorts :shakehead:
He made one mistake - flapping at the corner.

If he made lots he wouldn't have made MOTM and given the champers by Sky.

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Zorg

Taibi was worse imo.

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:27 PM
The Return of JC

I think the only time someone should be binned off that is if they look like they're going to have a breakdown or don't look like a professional footballer.

that wasn't the case for Taibi. that Southampton goal was obviously a howler, no doubt, but his only other mistakes I can recall were him for crosses against Chelsea and Liverpool and not getting them. probably just trying too hard.

obviously came here with a different reputation, but de gea screwed up in his first two matches. just needed time.

I'm not comparing him with de gea in general or suggesting he'd have made it, but four games just isn't enough time to fairly judge.

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:38 PM
Neo

Question

Is this the midfielder who's always injured for Arsenal?

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:39 PM
redhegemony

Quote:

no 49 apparently

Unread 03-07-2014, 02:45 PM
S/Side.Red

Having seen Taibi talk about the subject, it seems he simply wasn't up for the fight.

Asked Fergie to return to Italy on loan 'for personal reasons' until the summer, but bottled it when it was time to come back, so United sanctioned the sale. He's bitter about his reputation in England, but it's clear he wasn't mentally tough enough for the challenge.

Unread 03-07-2014, 03:04 PM
ChairmanMao

To be fair Ferguson could be brutal with keepers that weren't called Jim Leighton, Tim Howard was dumped for one duff parry into the danger area against Porto, he £#%&!ed De Gea about with Lindegaard (and started rumours about buying Begovic) because he wasn't "up to the rigours of the English game" ie struggled to withstand Andy Carroll trying to elbow him in the face at corners.

Unread 03-07-2014, 03:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChairmanMao
To be fair Ferguson could be brutal with keepers that weren't called Jim Leighton, Tim Howard was dumped for one duff parry into the danger area against Porto, he £#%&!ed De Gea about with Lindegaard (and started rumours about buying Begovic) because he wasn't "up to the rigours of the English game" ie struggled to withstand Andy Carroll trying to elbow him in the face at corners.
Remember at west ham the other season when Carroll just ran and launched his head at De Gea? Paying no attention to where the ball was or anything, his objective was simply to clatter De Gea hard. It was a ridiculously reckless and dangerous challenge.

Unread 03-07-2014, 03:21 PM
koppas

Quote:

Unread 03-07-2014, 03:28 PM
ChairmanMao

Quote:

£#%&! me forgot about that little fat bigot.

Loves Vatican Rangers does Ferg. Hates Réal Celtic.

Unread 03-07-2014, 03:29 PM
koppas

Quote:
£#%&! me forgot about that little fat bigot.

Loves Vatican Rangers does Ferg. Hates Réal Celtic.
The fact he can say he played for Manchester United riles me.

Well, it doesn't actually, but it does amuse me.
Closed Thread