United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread
 
Unread 30-04-2017, 10:16 PM
Spock
 
Default Blocked ear

Had this lurgy which seems to be going about and knocked me sideways for a week. Anyhow, over the worst but 5 days ago one ear blocked up and the bloody thing is still clogged, like i've got an earplug in. I can blow and equalise then hear crackling/gunk moving then it just blocks back up. I have taken loads of sudofed on advice of a chemist, nose not congested just my bloody ear

any suggestions?
 
Unread 30-04-2017, 10:17 PM
Billy Bigbollox
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Had this lurgy which seems to be going about and knocked me sideways for a week. Anyhow, over the worst but 5 days ago one ear blocked up and the bloody thing is still clogged, like i've got an earplug in. I can blow and equalise then hear crackling/gunk moving then it just blocks back up. I have taken loads of sudofed on advice of a chemist, nose not congested just my bloody ear

any suggestions?
Antibiotics, go and see your quack
 
Unread 30-04-2017, 10:18 PM
Crumps
 
Default

Two liter bottle
Fill with warm water
Position over ear (preferably in the bath or shower)
Pour in to ear
Repeat

Or a few drops of Olive oil.

I have manky diseased ears and these do the trick for me.
 
Unread 30-04-2017, 10:20 PM
taff
 
Default

this stuff.



if no better after a few days make an appointment to get it syringed.
 
Unread 30-04-2017, 10:22 PM
Spock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Two liter bottle
Fill with warm water
Position over ear (preferably in the bath or shower)
Pour in to ear
Repeat

Or a few drops of Olive oil.

I have manky diseased ears and these do the trick for me.
Considering this but is that not for wax? never had a blocked ear before only since this cold/mild flu . will give it a try though

Billy, antibiotics no good for colds though?
 
Unread 30-04-2017, 10:22 PM
BarryX
 
Default

Youtube ear wax extraction. Unbelievable the amount of gunk that gets clogged up.
 
Unread 30-04-2017, 10:25 PM
Spock
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
Considering this but is that not for wax? never had a blocked ear before only since this cold/mild flu . will give it a try though

Billy, antibiotics no good for colds though?
taff, cheers, will also try
 
Unread 30-04-2017, 10:27 PM
Marlon Van Baron
 
Default

It's probably your sinus or inner ear that's blocked. That will only clear with either anti-biotics or steroids. Alternatively like me if it still doesn't clear you will need surgery and a small tube inserted into your ear drum which will allow for air flow through your inner ear. I have suffered since a child with my ears and am now 42 and still having issues.
 
Unread 30-04-2017, 10:31 PM
Bunker Buster
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
It's probably your sinus or inner ear that's blocked. That will only clear with either anti-biotics or steroids. Alternatively like me if it still doesn't clear you will need surgery and a small tube inserted into your ear drum which will allow for air flow through your inner ear. I have suffered since a child with my ears and am now 42 and still having issues.
Hahahahahahah ear mong.
 
Unread 30-04-2017, 10:35 PM
Cream
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
this stuff.



if no better after a few days make an appointment to get it syringed.
Never use that shit, it's basically acid you pour into your head.

You've most likely got an infection. Should be reet in a few days - unless you have a weak immune system, in which case go and see your doctor.
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Blocked ear
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Debuchy 'had Man Utd move blocked' fred tissue Football Auto-Threads 0 15-02-2016 08:40 PM
First Row Sports to be blocked Billy Bigbollox Football 25 07-07-2013 09:17 PM
Blocked Facebook believe Science & Technology 27 18-09-2012 02:07 PM
blocked toilet silv Off Topic 46 27-04-2011 10:47 PM
Blocked Ears Redwinker Off Topic 19 29-09-2010 12:33 PM
All times are GMT. The time now is 08:08 AM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.