United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 04-02-2021, 11:53 AM
92ToBury

Sky's Soccer Special - the 9-0 as it happened:

Unread 04-02-2021, 12:09 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfN2PZ-7T2s
Merson is such a dribbling, blithering cretin.

Interesting they were talking about a high score, even the 9-0 after just the 2nd & 3rd goals.

Unread 04-02-2021, 12:47 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfN2PZ-7T2s
Gave up at "It's a stonewall red penalty"

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:04 PM
Sparky***

The 2nd red card has been overturned.

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:07 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The 2nd red card has been overturned.
Interesting, because that just completely undermines the idea of going to the monitor. Mike Dean was stood there for a good few minutes looking at that. Once the pen is awarded, he has to go too. I don’t think you can categorically say that isn’t a penalty.

The law in the first place is what needs reviewing. I get that it was brought in to stop deliberate fouls, but how often does that happen in the box? That’s more for outside.

They probably just felt sorry for them.

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Maybe not *that* quickly? I've certainly seen that sort of thing disallowed before.
my understanding of the rules then (and probably now, tbh) is that if you asked for the wall to be pushed back ten yards (and/or if the ref indicated that you had to wait for his whistle), you had to wait to take the kick, but... if not... you could take it when you were ready. seems a bit harsh when the kick is against a keeper for being out of his area and he doesn't have time to get back into his area, but... having come out of his area... if he hadn't played it with his hand, we would have had the ball and he would have been out of his area. so, not only correct according the laws, but fair enough. would have liked him to fall over trying to get back, though.

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
my understanding of the rules then (and probably now, tbh) is that if you asked for the wall to be pushed back ten yards (and/or if the ref indicated that you had to wait for his whistle), you had to wait to take the kick, but... if not... you could take it when you were ready. seems a bit harsh when the kick is against a keeper for being out of his area and he doesn't have time to get back into his area, but... having come out of his area... if he hadn't played it with his hand, we would have had the ball and he would have been out of his area. so, not only correct according the laws, but fair enough. would have liked him to fall over trying to get back, though.
Depends if the referee is booking a player too, I think.

Unread 04-02-2021, 05:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Depends if the referee is booking a player too, I think.
then he should indicate that the taker should wait for the whistle.

the ref doesn't have to stop play to make the booking, though. he should wait for a break.

he didn't stop the keeper running back.