United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:27 PM
dunk

They'll lose/draw 3 of those at least.

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:29 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Arsenal should be finishing in the top 4 with the fixtures they have left. All mid-table teams fighting for nothing who'll have one eye on their summer holidays

Arsenal
20:00
Newcastle United

Everton
14:05
Arsenal

Watford
Arsenal

Arsenal
15:00
Crystal Palace

Leicester City
Arsenal

Arsenal
Brighton & Hove Albion

Burnley
Arsenal

That is as plum a run in as you could possibly wish for. If they £#%&! that up then they should be embarrassed
Already see at least two games theyll lose away.

Look at their away record pal.....

They've also defo got a draw or two at home in them. This is Arsenal.

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:39 PM
ericcantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/arsenal/status/1...150445568?s=21

Silly £#%&!ers.

We'll still finish above them.
That tweet will come back to bite them on the arse NQAT.

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:43 PM
MagnificentSeven

had to come to an end at some point, this wonderful run. too bad it came during a crucial game. it's harder for us now, but £#%&! it, we're not out of it yet.

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:13 PM
puressence

Quote:
Arsenal should be finishing in the top 4 with the fixtures they have left. All mid-table teams fighting for nothing who'll have one eye on their summer holidays

Arsenal
Newcastle United

Everton
Arsenal

Watford
Arsenal

Arsenal
Crystal Palace

Leicester City
Arsenal

Arsenal
Brighton & Hove Albion

Burnley
Arsenal

That is as plum a run in as you could possibly wish for. If they £#%&! that up then they should be embarrassed
Will get 3 points max away from home

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:19 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Thumbs up

I still think we'll finish 3rd.

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Clownbones

Quote:

Arsenal
Newcastle United

Everton
Arsenal

Watford
Arsenal

Arsenal
Crystal Palace

Leicester City
Arsenal

Arsenal
Brighton & Hove Albion

Burnley
Arsenal

And yet they will still drop several points.

Looking at the fixture list doesn't tell you much. What we do know is that this Arsenal side has failed to put together more than 3 or 4 games against anyone since that big run they had early season.

I'll be very surprised if they win at both Everton and Watford.

They and Chelsea will drop plenty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
had to come to an end at some point, this wonderful run. too bad it came during a crucial game. it's harder for us now, but £#%&! it, we're not out of it yet.
We've had a top four place in, What, three weeks of this entire season?

We were 11 points off when he took over. We've had a hellish run of fixtures over the last few weeks in all comps

We've come out of it, 2 points off top four, knocked are and Chelsea out the fa cup and managed an historic CL win to make the 1/4s.

In isolation, today is disappointing, but I can't be too critical after how we've been since Christmas.

How we react now is important, but this team has already proven they can do that and I expect them to do so again

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:35 PM
redhegemony

Looking forwards - compare where we are to Chelsea, Arsenal and even Spurs we look in much better shape. And we can add some players and strengthen with players wanting to come to us.

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:50 PM
sa7

Cacky result but it’s not like we were completely dreadful. The penalty killed things really but one of those days on the whole. Annoying, the stupid Tarquins will be smug and convinced they’re better than us again, but it’s not a catastrophic result. The way Spurs are going both us and Arsenal could very realistically go past them.

If there’s one silver lining, imagine the seethe in Paris tonight that their conquerors have been immediately beaten by the side who got stuffed by the 8th best team in France.

Unread 10-03-2019, 10:00 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Cacky result but it’s not like we were completely dreadful. The penalty killed things really but one of those days on the whole. Annoying, the stupid Tarquins will be smug and convinced they’re better than us again, but it’s not a catastrophic result. The way Spurs are going both us and Arsenal could very realistically go past them.

If there’s one silver lining, imagine the seethe in Paris tonight that their conquerors have been immediately beaten by the side who got stuffed by the 8th best team in France.

This.

Think of how miserable the last days of The Attempted Assassination of Sir Alex Ferguson by the Coward Jose Mourinho were.

Even in defeat we kept going and there were plenty of positives.

Stay cool and we will be good.

Unread 10-03-2019, 10:51 PM
Sparky***

Lingard must have really hurt their feelings when we knocked them out of the cup...

Arsenal Embarrassing £#%&!s they are

Unread 10-03-2019, 11:02 PM
sa7

Must be hard for them living with this inferiority complex. Constantly comparing themselves to us and utilising doublethink to try and argue we’re of equivalent importance.

We mean so much to them, they mean so little to us.

Unread 10-03-2019, 11:04 PM
£#%&! KFC

state of the £#%&!ing #@&%!s....we had more chances today than when we beat them in the Cup and played better imo awful by De Gea for the goal never a £#%&!ing penalty and Lukaku and Rashford were very wasteful in front of goal

don't think they will be saying much when they get humiliated again by Rennes on Thursday, they still won't finish top four imo be us and Spurs

Unread 10-03-2019, 11:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Too defensive first half and I don’t really understand why. The teams came into the game after totally different results midweek. When we asserted ourselves after half time they looked a mess. Frustrating to lose to such shit goals too.

Unread 10-03-2019, 11:40 PM
Stickman

As much as it’s a pain to lose to them and given there was something at stake I’m struggling to get annoyed about it, or anything other than “just annoyed” perhaps.

Let’s face it, we were well due that one after the run we’ve been on since Liverpool away. I still expect us to finish above them or Spurs regardless and if you’d offered me the week we just had 7 days back I’d have snapped your arm off.

Unread 11-03-2019, 01:06 AM
Camel

it;s probably been said plenty o times already but this is nothing new
, crazy, exhausting widweek tie with a jaded weekend performance.

even so we hit the crossbar, post, couldve easy got something from the match, the only thing missing was energy, arse played a half team thurs, we were a bit knackered but on another day we might have got a draw or win. small margins sometimes.

Unread 11-03-2019, 07:29 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Too defensive first half and I don’t really understand why. The teams came into the game after totally different results midweek. When we asserted ourselves after half time they looked a mess. Frustrating to lose to such shit goals too.
Yup but really, I think wins away to both, given the squad, was probably a step too far. Even though we deserved at the very least a point.

Arsenal though good to see we can boil the piss of so many on such a regular basis again. It's been a while

Unread 11-03-2019, 07:42 AM
shenwen

Should have won. Not that arsed we didn’t tbh. Just wasn’t our day - balances out. Still feel it’s 3 teams playing for last 2 CL places. Fancy those odds.

Positives - Fred getting better each game. Was a bit messy but passing got better and he was excellent at winning back the ball (admittedly it was usually him that lost it in the first place). Shaw also looking great, although seemed to turn to shit once Martial came on.

Unread 11-03-2019, 08:10 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Should have won. Not that arsed we didn’t tbh. Just wasn’t our day - balances out. Still feel it’s 3 teams playing for last 2 CL places. Fancy those odds.

Positives - Fred getting better each game. Was a bit messy but passing got better and he was excellent at winning back the ball (admittedly it was usually him that lost it in the first place). Shaw also looking great, although seemed to turn to shit once Martial came on.
Surely it is 4 teams ?

Unread 11-03-2019, 08:53 AM
My Name is Heath

Also - whilst talking about fine margins - that penalty from The Funky Gabon was shite. He was very lucky that DDG didn't go the other way as ot was soft, central and on the floor.

I don't for one second think we were outclassed. On a different day we win that.

Ole has us going in the right direction and there will be days where we come off 2nd best for now but there will be no more pathetic rollovers and for that, I love him.