United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:48 PM
Tiberian

Matic and Fred did not work as a pairing. Have to be aware of how immobile Matic is and the danger of leaving him with massive gaps to cover. Fred was very energetic, eager and did some decent stuff on the ball but his tactical choices were erratic. Add in Pogba always likely to be wandering and you can not have one of the other midfielders doing the same, makes it too likely a counter will hurt you.

Lindelöf played like his first few games for the club, hopefully a one off due to the wind unsettling him, Lacazette toyed with him.

We have had a few games recently against Arsenal were they have missed chances and we have scored at the right times. They were due a turn at that story.

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
It was their day today.

They'll drop points. This is not a team capable of 9 wins in a row under pressure.
I think the end result was pretty much writing on the wall when we hit the woodwork twice and they have a pot shot that our keeper just waves in.

Arsenal weren't brilliant, but they didn't have to be when you give them goals like that and then consistently £#%&! up every decent chance like we did.

You can always lose away at teams like Arsenal so it's not a major shock... it's just very, very frustrating when you see your team give the game away like that.

I just find that when the game goes away from us, yet again we're looking for someone to rise above it and drag the team with them, we have nobody. Pogba yet again seems to sink to the level of everyone around him when it's going wrong, doing stupid things, giving the ball away and looking like a slapped arse.

The biggest worry for me is Rashford. Penalty aside his form over the last few games has been £#%&!ing trash. Thankfully Lukaku has stepped up a bit because nobody else looks like scoring. Martial coming back is a huge boost for us now and dare i say we need Lingard back asap because we have to look at another midfield of Matic, Fred and Pogba again anytime again it'll be too soon.

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Scored 28 last season IIRC and has 16 or so this season..
15. (12 league goals)

He’s very streaky isn’t he.

Go back 10 days ago and he’d netted 9 times...

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:50 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Over Rom.

I like Rom, but is he the man to score 20+ a season for us? I don’t think he is tbh.
I think only two players in PL history have scored 20 league goals for United in more than 1 season !

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:52 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I think only two players in PL history have scored 20 league goals for United in more than 1 season !
Talking all competitions tbf.

Sounds like I’m talking %@#$&!s again tbf, just frustrated we missed so many chances today.

Neville and Carragher

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:55 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Onward

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:56 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The biggest worry for me is Rashford. Penalty aside his form over the last few games has been £#%&!ing trash. Thankfully Lukaku has stepped up a bit because nobody else looks like scoring. Martial coming back is a huge boost for us now and dare i say we need Lingard back asap because we have to look at another midfield of Matic, Fred and Pogba again anytime again it'll be too soon.
Rashford has struggled since that ankle injury in the Liverpool game. Today it was his decision making, in that middle 30 Utd were playing really well but he kept making the wrong choices, holding the ball too long, shooting when the pass was on, Utd really needed to exploit that period given the mental and physical energy used up in the week.

Needs a rest, bench with Martial back.

Unread 10-03-2019, 07:57 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Talking all competitions tbf.

Sounds like I’m talking %@#$&!s again tbf, just frustrated we missed so many chances today.
If he starts most weeks, he will score 20 plus in all competitions. Concerns have to be over his all round game moreso than his finishing. He got into some very good positions today and failed to deliver. If he is to be replaced, it has to be with a better footballer. Not often a player like Ruud comes along who is absolutely ruthless, unfortunately.

I think within 2-3 years, Greenwood will probably be the best attacker at the club of whom we currently have. Hopefully, he will continue to get in and around the squad until the end of the season.

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:04 PM
Albert Tatlock

Shit happens

Fergie lost a game or two

Ole is still the right man

We'll get top four

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:04 PM
Lodestar

Jaded performance. But expected a come down after Wednesday - the away form has been ridiculously good since he took over. Only thing that matters now is the response. Bring on Wolves.

Agree with others on Rashford he's gone off the boil a bit, but Martial's return may get him back on track.

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Shit happens

We'll get top four

Would love to be that philosophical about it. Just feels like we blew a big chance.

That Lukaku miss where he hit the bar from right under it

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:14 PM
AK14

Silly £#%&!ers.

We'll still finish above them.

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
https://twitter.com/arsenal/status/1...150445568?s=21

Silly £#%&!ers.

We'll still finish above them.
Would expect nothing less tbh. Football really is a load of old shite these days with this %@#$&!s.

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:17 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah, they are the last people who should be smug. Even if that is pretty much their default mentality.

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:20 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, they are the last people who should be smug. Even if that is pretty much their default mentality.
Most of their fans seem to want him sacked already.

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:20 PM
dunk

Didn't they want him sacked a week ago?

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:23 PM
ScarFace

He's improved them so much after Arsène Jackson was sacked.

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:23 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Shit happens

We'll get top four
This.

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:25 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

gutted but actually thought they did well until the 2nd. If the game wasn't so stop start between 50-60 mins I think we had the momentum to score.

Unread 10-03-2019, 08:26 PM
Sparky***

Arsenal should be finishing in the top 4 with the fixtures they have left. All mid-table teams fighting for nothing who'll have one eye on their summer holidays

Arsenal
20:00
Newcastle United

Everton
14:05
Arsenal

Watford
Arsenal

Arsenal
15:00
Crystal Palace

Leicester City
Arsenal

Arsenal
Brighton & Hove Albion

Burnley
Arsenal

That is as plum a run in as you could possibly wish for. If they £#%&! that up then they should be embarrassed