United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:36 PM
Parlabane

Important we don’t make any knee jerk reactions now - a bad day at the office that’s all - at least we went out swinging and kept playing until the end - the same players and manager who were world beaters on Wednesday aren’t shit@#%&!s tonight

Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Circumstances change. Of the top four challengers, we had all the momentum; no reason to have given that up today. Arsenal are far from impressive.
I think arsenal and Chelsea would argue they have been playing well in recent weeks.

We only just got back in top four ourselves last week.

It'll chop and change again.

Frustrating of course, but I think we forget, this has a greater margin for error than a title race with City where 95 points plus are required.

Switching Off

Shit happens. Roll on Wolves.

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:37 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
Important we don’t make any knee jerk reactions now - a bad day at the office that’s all - at least we went out swinging and kept playing until the end - the same players and manager who were world beaters on Wednesday aren’t shit@#%&!s tonight
Yep.

The way they kept working and looked absolutely £#%&!ed off at the end is encouraging.

Could be the right time to have a kick up the back side that’ll push them on.

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Very frustrating because it was a totally undeserved victory for Arsenal

We had basically all the clear chances but lose to a shocking piece of goalkeeping and an incredibly soft penalty
Arsenal had a lot of huff and puff but created £#%&! all

We didn’t even play that well but still created plenty
Despite his recent heroics Lukaku isn’t good enough
Generally misses the big chances in these big 6 games and his hold and link play are shocking

I thought Fred after the first half hour had a decent performance but he needs to get more composed

Clear the areas we need to improve in the summer
Commanding central defender on the ball to bring composure back there
Top class experienced right back
High quality replacement for Matic who can make quick forward passes
Wide right player to stretch the opposition down that side

Arsenal have an easier run in on paper but they can lose to anyone away from home and Spurs are only 3 points away and they have Liverpool and City away
Pay back for the utter absurdity that was last seasons 3-1 win with 20% possession, or whatever it was.

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:39 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Pay back for the utter absurdity that was last seasons 3-1 win with 20% possession, or whatever it was.
It was their day today.

They'll drop points. This is not a team capable of 9 wins in a row under pressure.

redhegemony

Just a bit patchy - never got any momentum going. Their keeper played well and they had 2 slices of luck. On another day we'd stick 3 or 4 past them. Ole is going to have to decide what to do about Lukaku...you can't miss 3 chances in a big game and not struggle to win.

Not one Arsenal player we would want.

andyroo

Quote:
When they said we cheated because we had a goalkeeper?

It's no kind of payback. It's just shit.

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:40 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Just a bit patchy - never got any momentum going. Their keeper played well and they had 2 slices of luck. On another day we'd stick 3 or 4 past them. Ole is going to have to decide what to do about Lukaku...you can't miss 3 chances in a big game and not struggle to win.

Not one Arsenal player we would want.
I’d take Abumeyang (so) tbh

utd99

Darren Moore in.

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I think arsenal and Chelsea would argue they have been playing well in recent weeks.

We only just got back in top four ourselves last week.

It'll chop and change again.

Frustrating of course, but I think we forget, this has a greater margin for error than a title race with City where 95 points plus are required.
Probably shows how far we've come how pissed off I am by this.

That's not much comfort though.

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:41 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’d take Abumeyang (so) tbh
Above Martial/Rashford?

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
That was hilarious tho

Wouldn't be surprised if all the adulation after midweek had gone to some players heads a bit, they are only human after all. Hopefully this will be a swift corrective to any of that.

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:42 PM
Denis Irwell

Would like too se McTom back in place of either Fred/Matic. Each of those has what the other hasn’t. Fred: energy/no brains and Matic has an innate ence of awareness but about as much energy and mobility as John £#%&!in Moss. McTom still learning and improving but has played a blinder these past few weeks. Energy, strength, discipline required for defensive mf.

I know, it’s always the absentee that we need.

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:43 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Probably shows how far we've come how pissed off I am by this.

That's not much comfort though.
I think so yeah.

Our poorest away performance under Ole. And we still shouldn't have lost to Arsenal away.

I just can't be too upset based on how we've done since ole came in.

We've had two set backs since he got here. Burnley, We reacted by winning at Leicester. PSG, we reacted by winning at Chelsea.

We have the chance to do the same. Get through in the cup and rack up a couple of league wins and this can quickly be forgotten.

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:44 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
That was hilarious tho

Wouldn't be surprised if all the adulation after midweek had gone to some players heads a bit, they are only human after all. Hopefully this will be a swift corrective to any of that.
Id guess they were shattered (mentally and physically) after Wednesday.

We needed the likes of Matic and Pogba (and Martial off the bench) to come in and have big games.

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:44 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Absolutely brilliant run loved every minute and things always end even in defeat it’s a positive qtr final draw Friday cup Saturday loads to play for happy days
Word.

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Above Martial/Rashford?
Over Rom.

I like Rom, but is he the man to score 20+ a season for us? I don’t think he is tbh.

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Over Rom.

I like Rom, but is he the man to score 20+ a season for us? I don’t think he is tbh.
Scored 28 last season IIRC and has 16 or so this season..

Unread 10-03-2019, 06:46 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Shit happens. Roll on Wolves.
Isnit.