United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-12-2012, 04:55 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
The @#%&! should be ashamed of himself. Manchester United being forced to play a defender in midfield because the manager is scared of reading? £#%&!ING READING?!

GTFO frogson you spineless old @#%&!
It worked. Nft.

Unread 02-12-2012, 05:52 PM
rafabio

how the needs of the team have changed.

start of the season - all we need is a good central midfielder

after a few games - we need a new left back and CB since buttner is shite, rio can't play many games, jones & smalling injury prone, evans being meh.

after a few more games - we need new wingers too. since young is shite, valencia limited and nani is being £#%&!ed off.

Unread 02-12-2012, 08:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio

after a few games - we need a new left back and CB since buttner is shite, rio can't play many games, jones & smalling injury prone, evans being meh.

after a few more games - we need new wingers too. since young is shite, valencia limited and nani is being £#%&!ed off.

That would transform us throughout the pitch, tbh. All our problems (save the GK, perhaps) stem from there

Unread 02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
It worked. Nft.
Maybe you're the kind of supporter that the current football played by United suits. Win any way you can. That's not the United I know.

As for Gibson, I'm sure I saw him put Toure on his arse on MOTD last night. I would love to see a United player do that early on next sunday.

Unread 02-12-2012, 11:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Maybe you're the kind of supporter that the current football played by United suits. Win any way you can
I'm not, generally speaking. But yesterday we needed to stop the second worst team in the league treating our defenders like mugs, and we did. I find it hard to get too upset about that, tbh.

Unread 02-12-2012, 11:50 PM
MIFF

:shakehead::shakehead:
Quote:
That would transform us throughout the pitch, tbh. All our problems (save the GK, perhaps) stem from there
Can't believe u havent told SAF and Utd coaching staff that vital info.:shakehead: #transform #problems

Unread 02-12-2012, 11:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIFF
:shakehead::shakehead:

Can't believe u havent told SAF and Utd coaching staff that vital info.:shakehead: #transform #problems
Freggie is stubborn. We have long known this.

Unread 02-12-2012, 11:56 PM
MIFF

Quote:
Freggie is stubborn. We have long known this.
Not stuborn enough to leave in may hopefully

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio

Nah we knew Young was shite when he signed, and that Valencia is limited. I'm actually excited about the prospect of Zaha signing, but if Nani leaves we will lose a lot of our creativity despite his poor form.

It's crazy how quick Fergie is tt pick up young forwards like Zaha and Henriquez, but apparently refuses to consider buying a young defensively-minded midfielder.

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Nah we knew Young was shite when he signed, and that Valencia is limited. I'm actually excited about the prospect of Zaha signing, but if Nani leaves we will lose a lot of our creativity despite his poor form.

It's crazy how quick Fergie is tt pick up young forwards like Zaha and Henriquez, but apparently refuses to consider buying a young defensively-minded midfielder.
doesn't trust em though does he

i think the stick fletcher used to get also made him more determined to protect his young players

look at the current side and the stick the modern sky muppet fans give Welbeck and Evans in particular - put all that together and it makes it more understandable the way he kept Pogba in abeyance, but it's harder to play the long game these days with players coming through. Hopefully Powell, who was a brilliant player coming through at Crewe 3 or 4 years ago, will be a bit more patient...

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:18 AM
MIFF

Quote:

Crazy how he refuses to play young defenders, but carrick at centre half is preferred, even in dead rubber games! and i'm pretty £#%&!in sure carrick gets well pissed off been told to play there. Doubt he says owt tho, fanny

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:35 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Crazy how he refuses to play young defenders, but carrick at centre half is preferred, even in dead rubber games! and i'm pretty £#%&!in sure carrick gets well pissed off been told to play there. Doubt he says owt tho, fanny
he's spoken about it in interviews, says he doesn't like it much

english though isn't he - just like most United fans he can't get his head round using a footballer in the defensive line (rather than a defender)

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
Properly £#%&!s me off that. Last year, Blackburn at OT, Valencia at RB and Carrick at CB, Zeky Fryers sat on the bench and Rafael in CM cost us the £#%&!ing title that Park alongside Rafael and Pogba nowhere :shakehead:

He starts that game with DdG, Rafael, Evra, Fryers, Jones, Valencia, Carrick, Pogba, Nani, Welbeck, Hernandez, even if we lose we accept it because he gave the young players a go and had little other option. Fryers and Pogba might've been an option now, too.

Probably would've Won though

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:46 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
doesn't trust em though does he

i think the stick fletcher used to get also made him more determined to protect his young players

look at the current side and the stick the modern sky muppet fans give Welbeck and Evans in particular - put all that together and it makes it more understandable the way he kept Pogba in abeyance, but it's harder to play the long game these days with players coming through. Hopefully Powell, who was a brilliant player coming through at Crewe 3 or 4 years ago, will be a bit more patient...
But why not buy someone who is about to enter their peak (23-25) who can come in and be a starter straight from the off? Someone who has good stamina levels and pace preferably.

Powell is an attacking midfielder who's 18 and has come from League 2. His passing is too loose right now and he won't be a regular until at least 2014. At best he will be Kagawa's understudy for the time being.

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Properly £#%&!s me off that. Last year, Blackburn at OT, Valencia at RB and Carrick at CB, Zeky Fryers sat on the bench and Rafael in CM cost us the £#%&!ing title that Park alongside Rafael and Pogba nowhere :shakehead:

He starts that game with DdG, Rafael, Evra, Fryers, Jones, Valencia, Carrick, Pogba, Nani, Welbeck, Hernandez, even if we lose we accept it because he gave the young players a go and had little other option. Fryers and Pogba might've been an option now, too.

Probably would've Won though
so £#%&! all to do with call me gea dropping the ball then

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
But why not buy someone who is about to enter their peak (23-25) who can come in and be a starter straight from the off? Someone who has good stamina levels and pace preferably.

Powell is an attacking midfielder who's 18 and has come from League 2. His passing is too loose right now and he won't be a regular until at least 2014. At best he will be Kagawa's understudy for the time being.
Kagawa has been missing a month and Powell has barely even made the bench in that time :shakehead:

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
That didn't help, but that was in the 80th minute, we'd been 2-0 down and dogshit for 50 minutes or so, rallied to get back to 2-2 then reverted to shapeless shite from about the 70th minute, mainly as a result of no £#%&!er knowing what the £#%&! they were doing.

Being shit for long enough to be well behind and then reacting, sound familiar?

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:53 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Kagawa has been missing a month and Powell has barely even made the bench in that time :shakehead:
Yeah I don't see how he can be considered better than Pogba right now, apart from finishing ability.

Looks like we are watching this Bilbao midfielder, but I wouldn't be surprised if we spent £10m on Zaha and did nothing with the midfield.

Unread 03-12-2012, 12:55 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Why did that one error have to cost us the match?

You usually take a more holistic approach to these things.

Unread 03-12-2012, 01:10 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
That didn't help, but that was in the 80th minute, we'd been 2-0 down and dogshit for 50 minutes or so, rallied to get back to 2-2 then reverted to shapeless shite from about the 70th minute, mainly as a result of no £#%&!er knowing what the £#%&! they were doing.

Being shit for long enough to be well behind and then reacting, sound familiar?
not really. it was a soft penalty given away by berbatov that put us behind that day. united have been using their squad and going through the motions at xmas for years. i still remember needing ronaldo to come off the bench at half-time to wake us the £#%&! up against wigan a few years ago - when apparently we were worlds better compared to thie current set-up