United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-09-2021, 05:32 PM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
He’s making it easy for people
Like saffers. Pogba should be nowhere near that team completely unbalanced. He needs to introduce sancho and play him for 10 to 15 games let him find his feet he needs to seriously look at the contribution or non contribution of the right back. And he needs to completely £#%&! off playing two cdm at home against everyone bar maybe one or two exceptions. The Cavani sub today was to appease the fans who had been singing for him to come on for 20 mins. Anyhow onto Wednesday should be a goalfest 🤣🤣
I agree about Pogba - feels like we are shoehorning him to the team - he can’t play / be relied on in midfield and doesn’t add anything from the left - time to drop him completely and move on .

AWB on the right looks nervous as hell as soon as he gets the ball in the opposition half - hit and hope springs to mind

Midfield is the real problem though - they don’t provide a base to play from - Fred has loads of energy and can disrupts the opposition but that’s where it ends for him - The Scottish Player is average at best

Unread 25-09-2021, 05:48 PM
Buck

Saw a clip of the Villa keeper challenging Ronaldo to take the penalty and Ole made mention of the Villa players hovering by the spot to argue with the ref while Bruno had the ball in his hands. If this was a way to get in Bruno's head it worked. Didn't do his jump technique for once.

Unread 25-09-2021, 05:52 PM
armchair

I'd play a defender as holding midfield. We've done it loads as a club. I think if you play someone like ronnie johnson/o'shea/jones in there then you can play a creative player (pogba) beside him.

This double pivot nonsense of playing two players is just that: nonsense. You take away a slot from another player and you have to play pogba out wide. It's two players in one position basically.

Does anyone think that Keane and Pogba couldn't have played central midfield together?

Unread 25-09-2021, 05:53 PM
Dasilvatwins

If don’t correctly his junk technique should enable him to score every single penalty he takes. Because of the keeper staying on the line rule they always have to dive a bit before the ball is kicked . Why he didn’t do it I never know. But today wasn’t on a missed penalty. It was shit all round: even if we won it the manner in which we played was bad. Really bad

Unread 25-09-2021, 05:55 PM
westcoastvan

I'm starting to think that my Saturday mornings are better spent windsurfing than watching Manchester United. (West coast of Canada)

It was nerve racking to see both Shaw and Maguire go down when Aston Villa was already putting their efforts on attacking the left flank, but....

(I'm sure everyone in England is aware of this) Fred and Scott The Scottish Player are a big problem!

Ole might have gotten away with using them last year, but last year was anomaly with Liverpool's injuries, Lampard at Chelsea for a bit, Sergio Aguero on his last legs....this year the use of Fred & McT will just mean more mediocre results and let downs.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:01 PM
TravellingRed

Only upside for me today was my dad featured in UWS, they interviewed him in Switzerland when he'd been on the pop for two days

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:09 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Does anyone think that Keane and Pogba couldn't have played central midfield together?
pogba would have lasted five minutes.

Quote:
I'd play a defender as holding midfield. We've done it loads as a club.
someone like valencia? good thinking.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:13 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
pogba would have lasted five minutes.

someone like valencia? good thinking.
no not a fullback. a central defender. tony couldn't pass a ball to save his life

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:21 PM
MUFC One Love

Garbage, from Ole.

Out of his depth it seems. He has been in charge over 3 years and has a good squad. We didn't have a plan, again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I do wonder what Van Gaal could do with this squad of United players. He'd have practically everything he was pleading for when he was at United, in two top-class, ball-playing centre backs, and some brilliantly inventive and pacey wide attackers.

Reckon he'd be able to coach The Scottish Player into a very good centre-mid, and no doubt he'd get Martial out of his slumber.

At the very least, we'd be playing with a genuine identity, too. Love LvG.
Please stop it.

Van Gaal's football was painful to watch.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:27 PM
AK14

Quote:
no not a fullback. a central defender. tony couldn't pass a ball to save his life
Worth giving Linders a shot I suppose but he’d just end up shitting the bed

We should have sold martial in summer and put the money towards getting an actual holding midfielder.

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

Please stop it.

Van Gaal's football was painful to watch.
We had that run of four (?) games though

Unread 25-09-2021, 06:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Appalling, clueless, headless crap.

I love Ole and what he’s doing, but I’m increasingly concerned that he doesn’t have a clue how to develop this team.

May be a case of building a squad for someone better.

That performance wasn’t unusual and the result not surprising. We’ve been asking for that.

The performance levels have been largely poor, with good moments dotted around. That’s not good enough to compete for top trophies and the concerning features of this team show no signs of improving. And this is with a fairly favourable fixture list early on.

It’s a big concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Worth giving Linders a shot I suppose but he’d just end up shitting the bed

We should have sold martial in summer and put the money towards getting an actual holding midfielder.
After every defeat or poor performance we look at who should have been in for who, when the reality is that the overall performance leve
Is unacceptable for the quality out there.

You compare those two line ups and the game shouldn’t even be close. We shouldn’t be discussing the fine margins or the difference a single player would make. That line up should @#%&! Aston Villa.

We’re not good in all areas apart from the weak ones. Collectivity, we aren’t anywhere near as good as the sum of parts: we get opened up despite having quality at the back. We huff and puff up front despite having all that forward talent. Our performances are bang average every week, with the odd good moment coming here and there. Sometimes it’s enough to win, sometimes it isn’t, but it’s no way to live.

I’m watching Brentford going toe to toe here with Liverpool after an hour with a bunch of championship players. Because they’re well coached.

It’s the great equaliser. Right now, our chaotic shit is making our talent look crap.

Unread 25-09-2021, 07:02 PM
jem

Quote:
it's not worth arguing about the tiger - he's not here and you're completely wrong.

we don't have anyone good enough to switch positions (of the players who aren't actually playing centre-back). lindelof is a @#%&!. dalot or williams are more the kind of player, but aren't good enough. garner hasn't stepped up. the sad fact is that matic is still our best dm. we needed to buy. we still need to buy.

our "character" players could have £#%&!ing stepped up, though. ronnie, pogba and bruno... all lazy and left it to greenwood to be the spark.

Unread 25-09-2021, 07:15 PM
My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
I'd play a defender as holding midfield. We've done it loads as a club. I think if you play someone like ronnie johnson/o'shea/jones in there then you can play a creative player (pogba) beside him.

This double pivot nonsense of playing two players is just that: nonsense. You take away a slot from another player and you have to play pogba out wide. It's two players in one position basically.

Lindelof is not a bad call as a CDM.

He can certainly pass it, he can tackle and his weakness in the air is covered.

Unread 25-09-2021, 07:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Lindelof is not a bad call as a CDM.

He can certainly pass it, he can tackle and his weakness in the air is covered.
he'd have to cover a lot more ground and he's a total £#%&!ing @#%&!. there is no indication he could play there.

you can imagine him scoring a goal like o'shea's against arsenal as much as you like, but he is about as far from roy keane as we have in the squad.

Unread 25-09-2021, 07:38 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
He’s making it easy for people
Like saffers. Pogba should be nowhere near that team completely unbalanced. He needs to introduce sancho and play him for 10 to 15 games let him find his feet he needs to seriously look at the contribution or non contribution of the right back. And he needs to completely f*** off playing two cdm at home against everyone bar maybe one or two exceptions. The Cavani sub today was to appease the fans who had been singing for him to come on for 20 mins. Anyhow onto Wednesday should be a goalfest 🤣🤣
Absolutely. It's so obvious that Pogba completely £#%&!s up the balance of the team. Very hard to control any game with him ambling around the pitch. France struggle to control games with him all the time. A complete luxury player.
Drop Pogba. Put Matic and the Beek in midfield and play Sancho on the left and give it 5 or 6 games

Unread 25-09-2021, 07:49 PM
rubbernecker

Unread 25-09-2021, 07:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Too late, I saw it

We would indeed be JOINT TOP had Bruno's pelanty gone in though.

Unread 25-09-2021, 07:54 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Too late, I saw it

We would indeed be JOINT TOP had Bruno's pelanty gone in though.
Posted in wrong thread and moved to this months slapped arse Ole thread

Unread 25-09-2021, 08:18 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
he'd have to cover a lot more ground and he's a total £#%&!ing @#%&!. there is no indication he could play there.

you can imagine him scoring a goal like o'shea's against arsenal as much as you like, but he is about as far from roy keane as we have in the squad.

He was Swedish under 18 1500m champ. He has more engine than a SAAB JAS39 Gripen. Well, I don’t know but I guess he was champ.
He isn’t the new Keane. He’s the only Lindelof. He isn’t the hero we deserve but the one we need now.