Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 22-04-2024, 07:55 AM
believe

Not even in the top ten but you mentioned him after listing seven problems

Unread 22-04-2024, 08:21 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Miss, Miss, the nasty boy did a sign to me so I did a sign back.

Coventry fan!!

Unread 22-04-2024, 08:22 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
Coventry fan!!

Unread 22-04-2024, 08:27 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
Coventry fan!!

Unread 22-04-2024, 08:39 AM
pedr0

tbf to the cov player he did that (to our fans, not our players) after scoring his second pressure penalty of the game.

Unread 22-04-2024, 08:52 AM
Hyman_Roth

Trying to think of united players doing more embarrassing in game things than Antony - an £86m winger who plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world - cupping his ear at some championship players at Wembley, having contributed absolutely nothing to the win itself and I’m struggling tbph.

The scholes little man coming out thing was bad but totally unintentional. Neville’s head butt towards McManamanamanamana in that derby match was pretty bad but I still don’t think they’re as bad as a bloke who cries and beats up his Mrs and is utterly shite, doing that.

There must be worse incidents but I’m struggling to think of them.

Unread 22-04-2024, 08:53 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Trying to think of united players doing more embarrassing in game things than Antony - an £86m winger who plays for one of the biggest clubs in the world - cupping his ear at some championship players at Wembley, having contributed absolutely nothing to the win itself and I’m struggling tbph.

The scholes little man coming out thing was bad but totally unintentional. Neville’s head butt towards McManamanamanamana in that derby match was pretty bad I still don’t think they’re as bad as a bloke who cries and beats up his Mrs doing that.

Not a player but Mourinho holding up three fingers haunts me.

Unread 22-04-2024, 08:56 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
True. But him being here isn't the biggest problem we have, is it? Biggest problems:

Rashford (sell, just get rid)

The manager (replace)

Luke Shaw (replace, can't ever be relied upon)

Casemiro (finished, downed tools, doesn't want to be here - huge position that needs filling)

Varane (see above)

The centre back issues - desperately need 2 quality signings ASAP

A forward to help Hojlund

Yeah, I'd sell Antony because he hasn't got the ability to be a United style winger but he's not the first or even 5th thing that needs sorting.
he’s one of the first on the list to get sold to resolve anything you’ve said

Unread 22-04-2024, 08:57 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
God yeah. Felt a low point at the time. A, ‘what have we become’ moment. In hindsight, that was our most successful period post Ferie.

Unread 22-04-2024, 09:00 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
At least he’d actually won the three trophies. We’ve got people doing it now celebrating just reaching wembley

Unread 22-04-2024, 09:06 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly

Unread 22-04-2024, 09:54 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao View Post
That's because he is insignificant already. What a signing.
Yeah, he's been an awful signing, but we've got bigger problems. If Antony doesn't play, which he isn't at the minute (only as sub), he's not a big as a problem as Rashford continuously getting a game or a left back that we rely on that literally falls apart every two minutes. Antony isn't important. It's ludicrous, disgusting - but is it hugely affecting us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Not even in the top ten but you mentioned him after listing seven problems
Aye up, Jennifer Taylor-Clarke is in.

I'll round it up to 10 then:

Our right back who plays every game is playing well here and there, but he's 100% got a mistake in him every game. Love his attitude but he's stupid at times, can't be a first choice. Same goes for Wan Bissaka.

The medical staff can't get 11 first choice players fit at any one time.

I could go on about the players that get a lot more minutes than Antony but are glaringly not good enough.

He's also bought Mason Mount for 75m as a starter but has nowhere to play him (an Antony sized peoblem). At least he had a position in mind for Antony ffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
he’s one of the first on the list to get sold to resolve anything you’ve said
Ffs Silv, yes, but he's not a massive problem in the here and now is he? Nothing we can do about him or the other 15 players that need to go.

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:01 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Yeah, he's been an awful signing, but we've got bigger problems. If Antony doesn't play, which he isn't at the minute (only as sub), he's not a big as a problem as Rashford continuously getting a game or a left back that we rely on that literally falls apart every two minutes. Antony isn't important. It's ludicrous, disgusting - but is it hugely affecting us?

I'll round it up to 10 then:

Our right back who plays every game is playing well here and there, but he's 100% got a mistake in him every game. Love his attitude but he's stupid at times, can't be a first choice. Same goes for Wan Bissaka.

The medical staff can't get 11 first choice players fit at any one time.

I could go on about the players that get a lot more minutes than Antony but are glaringly not good enough.

He's also bought Mason Mount for 75m as a starter but has nowhere to play him (an Antony sized peoblem). At least he had a position in mind for Antony ffs.

Ffs Silv, yes, but he's not a massive problem in the here and now is he? Nothing we can do about him or the other 15 players that need to go.

same logic applies to Shaw does it not seeing how he isn’t playing?

Unread 22-04-2024, 10:04 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv View Post
same logic applies to Shaw does it not seeing how he isn’t playing?
Well, with Shaw not playing, we've had Lindelof and Wan Bissaka at Left back so yeah, Shaw affects us more. Hugely so.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:16 AM
shenwen

Quote:

The scholes little man coming out thing was bad but totally unintentional. Neville’s head butt towards McManamanamanamana in that derby match was pretty bad but I still don’t think they’re as bad as a bloke who cries and beats up his Mrs and is utterly shite, doing that.

Nani crying after that Carragher tackle is usually mentioned, but Herrera being carried off the pitch by Nolan was worse. As you say though, they look positively Alpha blokes compared to the Brazilian crybaby.

Unread 22-04-2024, 11:18 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen View Post
Nani crying after that Carragher tackle is usually mentioned, but Herrera being carried off the pitch by Nolan was worse. As you say though, they look positively Alpha blokes compared to the Brazilian crybaby.
Noble.

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:17 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
Noble.
What I meant. That's twice today. Glad you're here

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Camilla Parker-Bowles, we call her. Not to her face.

Quote:

Some having a go at Rasmus for celebrating but I find that ridiculous tbh. It's his first season at United, who he supported as a boy, and he's just scored the winning penalty to send them to a cup final - nothing wrong with celebrating a bit with the fans, regardless of what happened before. Shame when he turned round to find nobody there

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Shame when he turned round to find nobody there
It was actually Antony who was first over to him, evil evil Antony ...

We're man united we do what we want - except cup our ears against little Coventry because it's embarrassing to hyman Roth the Bury cry baby

Unread 22-04-2024, 12:48 PM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post
Some having a go at Rasmus for celebrating but I find that ridiculous tbh. It's his first season at United, who he supported as a boy, and he's just scored the winning penalty to send them to a cup final - nothing wrong with celebrating a bit with the fans, regardless of what happened before. Shame when he turned round to find nobody there
Very odd if so. Was happy for him and good on the lad with the pressure he’s under.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
We're man united we do what we want - except cup our ears against little Coventry because it's embarrassing to hyman Roth the Bury cry baby
And me, it was embarrassing, a small time gesture. Not a huge deal in the scheme of things but I’d have hoped he was above that, I’d want our players to be the bigger man ideally - humility is something scousers lack, not us.