Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-05-2011, 01:20 PM
The Watcher

Default Re: European Cup final build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
getting excited now
I’m at giddiness level 8 here. Think I’ve read every match preview I can find. This week is really dragging

Unread 25-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Albert Tatlock

It's great feelings you get
when the balls in the net from.... Hernandez !

He runs in to score, leaves pique on the floor... that's Hernandez....

To the tune of Grananda obviously.

edit : I mean "thats amore" but Granada TV used it back in the 70's

Unread 25-05-2011, 01:21 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: European Cup final build up

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Just got two tickets from United.

YES! £#%&!ING YES!
Quality

2nd ballot?

Unread 25-05-2011, 01:28 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Quality

2nd ballot?
No never got any in that, they just phoned now.

buzzingto£#%&!.com

Unread 25-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
No never got any in that, they just phoned now.

buzzingto£#%&!.com

You sure it's not reddles on a wum ?

Unread 25-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
It's great feelings you get
when the balls in the net from.... Hernandez !

He runs in to score, leaves pique on the floor... that's Hernandez....

To the tune of Grananda obviously.

edit : I mean "thats amore" but Granada TV used it back in the 70's
That'll sound pretty shit when we're 2-0 down after half an hour with a men sent off.

Have had three dreams already about this final, althought I've scored in two of them, we have lost all the games that completed. one ended up top of a skyscraper and madeline albright barcelona manager had refused to let the game proceed unless we could write an essay before the end of the game (4mins to go), typical barcelona

Unread 25-05-2011, 01:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
I am happy with the same eleven as posted above, and which so comprehensively battered Shalke and Chelsea. However I actually think we may well start with five in midfield, with Rooney on his own, up top (and love it when little pea comes on as a super fast, super sub, against tiring legs). Therefore, I think we will see this line up announced, one hour before kick off on Saturday:

VDS
Fabio - Vidic (c) - Ferdinand - Evra
Valencia - Carrick - Giggs - Park - Nani.
Rooney

Three men in midfield with Park hustling away to win back possession, and two fast, tricky wide men for them to deal with (with the mighty Fabio and Evra looping around/mucking in). Rooney is a handful on his own, and Giggs/Park can push up throughout the first half and act as a second striker when need be.

Come the second half, depending on what the score is and what needs to be done, we can either introduce Hernandez to speed things up, or Berbatov to slow things down. Would love to Scholes come on, right at the end, to win it for us, but tbh any earlier than 75 minutes and I would be shitting myself about him getting another red card.
As harsh as it is on Chicharito, I agree. I just can't see us going in 4-4-2 against Barca with Carrick and Giggs in the middle.

Unread 25-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
I am happy with the same eleven as posted above, and which so comprehensively battered Shalke and Chelsea. However I actually think we may well start with five in midfield, with Rooney on his own, up top (and love it when little pea comes on as a super fast, super sub, against tiring legs). Therefore, I think we will see this line up announced, one hour before kick off on Saturday:

VDS
Rooney

Three men in midfield with Park hustling away to win back possession, and two fast, tricky wide men for them to deal with (with the mighty Fabio and Evra looping around/mucking in). Rooney is a handful on his own, and Giggs/Park can push up throughout the first half and act as a second striker when need be.

Come the second half, depending on what the score is and what needs to be done, we can either introduce Hernandez to speed things up, or Berbatov to slow things down. Would love to Scholes come on, right at the end, to win it for us, but tbh any earlier than 75 minutes and I would be shitting myself about him getting another red card.
If we go one up front that'll be the team

The play Harnandez or don't probably most playing on Fergie's mind. Whatever he does there's pros and cons to both and either decision is forgiveable

Unread 25-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
As harsh as it is on Chicharito, I agree. I just can't see us going in 4-4-2 against Barca with Carrick and Giggs in the middle.
It's not though is is. With Park probably not addind width it's kind of a three with Big T pushing up a little on the right

Unread 25-05-2011, 02:04 PM
dodger

Quote:

VDS
Rooney

You may well be right but that team would be our downfall. Don't do it boss.

Unread 25-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
That team but with Nani starting in the centre and Rooney starting on the left?

Basically steal their idea from last time

Unread 25-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Cream

Remember when we played 442 against Chelsea and just £#%&!ing went for it?

That's what's gonna happen.

Do or die!

Unread 25-05-2011, 02:09 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem
Remember when we played 442 against Chelsea and just £#%&!ing went for it?

That's what's gonna happen.

Do or die!
hope so tbf

Unread 25-05-2011, 02:13 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up Re: European Cup final build up

I hope we £#%&!ing go for it

COME ON UNITED!

Unread 25-05-2011, 02:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Why?

Unread 25-05-2011, 02:33 PM
elephantstone

we have rented a house in Edgware 12 of us!

Unread 25-05-2011, 02:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
It's not though is is. With Park probably not addind width it's kind of a three with Big T pushing up a little on the right
So why is Park starting on the left? To track Alves? If so, he'll be kept wide a fair bit and it'll be difficult for him to help protect the area in front of the back four.

Unread 25-05-2011, 02:36 PM
borsuk

vds
fabio - rio - vidic - evra
valencia - carrick - giggs - park
rooney
hernandez

that side has great balance, all the players are in form, we have no fitness worries and should take barca on instead of overly worrying about what they are going to do. the last few weeks we've been dominating teams and playing with verve and style, we should take that into the final and not send out a negative statement by packing the midfield.

in any case, that side can easily change into a more defensive formation without the ball if park moves inside to harass xavi and rooney drops left to occupy alves. no need to blunt our attacking threat by dropping hernandez, his pace, movement and finishing is our best chance of making barca nervous and putting them on the back foot.

we should play the united way and go out on our shields, win or lose. a few good buys in the summer and i think we're on the brink of seeing fergie's next great united side coming through, this could be remembered as the starting point.

Unread 25-05-2011, 02:36 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Why?
Because Nani is a @#%&!.

Unread 25-05-2011, 02:38 PM
Sloane

i think our best chance of winning is starting the team barry posted. if we press high up the pitch we are going to get done i think.
we should soak it up and defend deep we are very capable at doing that and then hitting them on the counter with rooney valencia nani supported by either park or giggs.
see how the game is panning out and bring pea on to change things if it isnt working. but if we let one in early we might struggle when chasing the game
Closed Thread