United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Tiberian

He may have been overshadowed by Evra on the other side but Rafael still had a very good game, City got virtually nothing down that side, linked up very well with Park at both ends, stayed on his feet and was very composed on the ball.

Good match to play him in, City are not really a physical team and ina footballing contest he is an exceptinal talent.

Have to love his sense of adventure, gets into great areas going forward. I hope that is never coached out of him. Generally I think Fergie has been superb in his choice of match for him.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:05 PM
celtbion

We looked solid down that side.

In a way that we haven't against teams with less talent there than Robinho.

Exceptional talent. First touch is a joy. I also think his awareness and positioning are actually a strength of his.

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Rhodzy

Has he let Robinho out of his pocket yet?

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Ether

He was awesome. Had some way to go to fill the boots of John O'Shea, but just about managed it I think

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Firswood Red

played very well today, lets hope thats the end of O'Shea's days at rightback unless were playing Stoke

Unread 30-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Tronics

on that performance he can't be dropped. simple as that.

there's no better rb at our club.

Unread 01-12-2008, 12:56 AM
The Watcher

I love Rafael

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:02 AM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
We looked solid down that side.

In a way that we haven't against teams with less talent there than Robinho.

Exceptional talent. [SIZE="4"]First touch is a joy. I also think his awareness and positioning are actually a strength of his.

a joy to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I love Rafael

I am feeling this way also

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:14 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
One day, I will stroke his (rather wonderful) hair

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:16 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
there's no better rb at our club.
we only have one other right back and if that rb was a horse he would be taken out the back (of the emirates) and shot.

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:25 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
I'd just stroke one out over him.

Unread 01-12-2008, 01:26 AM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
I'd just stroke one out over him.

We could be friends

Unread 01-12-2008, 09:50 AM
The Return of JC

He was very good yesterday and Fergie got his tactics spot on. He's obviously aware of his natural proclivity to bomb forwards so he clearly gave instructions to Park and Fletcher to cover the RB area whenever he did. I think it's something they've obviously worked on and considered. If Ronaldo had played on the right then it would have been an entirely different story and I think we'd have been exposed more, but playing Park and Fletcher gave Rafael license to roam.

It was also a case of fighting fire with fire, so to speak. Instead of worrying about Robinho hurting us, let them worry about Robinho not tracking back - which he had no interest in doing.

That's why players like Park, Hargreaves and Fletcher are effective in those areas away from home. Picking Park was the correct call yesterday. But we all know Fergie is tactically weak so it must've been an accident

Unread 01-12-2008, 09:53 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
a joy to behold

And he can cross. That first time cross on the run to pick out Berbatov in the first half was great. It's them there Brazilians, just naturally talented.

Unread 01-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
He was very good yesterday and Fergie got his tactics spot on. He's obviously aware of his natural proclivity to bomb forwards so he clearly gave instructions to Park and Fletcher to cover the RB area whenever he did. I think it's something they've obviously worked on and considered. If Ronaldo had played on the right then it would have been an entirely different story and I think we'd have been exposed more, but playing Park and Fletcher gave Rafael license to roam.

It was also a case of fighting fire with fire, so to speak. Instead of worrying about Robinho hurting us, let them worry about Robinho not tracking back - which he had no interest in doing.

That's why players like Park, Hargreaves and Fletcher are effective in those areas away from home. Picking Park was the correct call yesterday. But we all know Fergie is tactically weak so it must've been an accident
he doesn't just bomb on either, he drifts wherever he senses openings or dangers. he's obviously got licence to do this which is a really promising development in United's tactics.

real pity Rooney (think it was) didn't slip him back in instead of trying to pick Park's run which had made the hole as well, otherwise we'd have been talking about a truly stunning goal

Unread 01-12-2008, 10:07 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
he doesn't just bomb on either, he drifts wherever he senses openings or dangers. he's obviously got licence to do this which is a really promising development in United's tactics.
real pity Rooney (think it was) didn't slip him back in instead of trying to pick Park's run which had made the hole as well, otherwise we'd have been talking about a truly stunning goal
Very true. There was a moment in the first half where if you froze the shot, Park was at right back, Fletcher was on the right wing and Rafael was in the 'hole' behind Rooney.

His positional sense and timing of his runs are improving with each game too. He just adds another dimension to our play.

I'm sure Fergie would like to use him as sparingly as possible, but will find it very hard to do so. I'm sure we'll see him more and more this season.

Unread 01-12-2008, 10:09 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

And was that in the second half where Park dwelled on it and it went for a corner?....From which Ronaldo was sent off?

So actually, Rooney's poor decision to play in Park actually got Ronaldo sent off. See, I knew they hated each other.

Unread 01-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
So actually, Rooney's poor decision to play in Park actually got Ronaldo sent off. See, I knew they hated each other.
Rooney saw Webb produce the red card then went sprinting off in celebration

Unread 01-12-2008, 06:29 PM
KikTheDog

Did anyone see Rooney wink at Ronny after getting him sent off. I for one was disgusted by this behaviour. Very un-nationalistic.

Also, Rafael reminds me of a puppy dog the way he bombs about the pitch.
He always wants the ball and is always up for it. In Brazil they say his brother is even better. (done his collarbone in).

Unread 01-12-2008, 09:05 PM
dunk

Rafael is the shit one of the twins, he won't make it...
Closed Thread