United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:53 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
there’s a 6ft 7in striker up front, how about putting the ball on his head?
how about no?

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:54 PM
NedKelly

Going through the first page before we’d even signed him. Talking of West Ham…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
I’d rather Bowen from West Ham
It’s almost like people made their minds up before he even got here.

Unread 13-03-2023, 12:57 PM
dunk

I can see the point re: his price and what we should be expecting to see. Should be more like the Mudryk lad at Chelsea, or maybe even an impact like Pepe had at Arsenal…

The comparison with Saka is interesting. He’s been in Arsenal’s team in the PL since he was 17? And only now is he actually contributing regularly? Similar for Martinelli?

I think Greenwood still has more goals in the PL than Saka and Martinelli and he’s not played for 18 months.

Maybe, just maybe, a little patience is required and he needs to play to get to the required level, and he’s actually doing alright all things considered?

Unread 13-03-2023, 01:02 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We’re used to seeing wingers at this club attack full backs and get into the box, I don’t really like seeing them constantly coming inside and not really doing anything.

I’d like to see him switch his game up and try to attack the full back more, I don’t care about him doing fancy bits of control on the halfway line, there’s a 6ft 7in striker up front, how about putting the ball on his head?

We’ll see how he develops as he’s only young still but my god we over paid by about 40 mil
Pellistri is on the pitch for about 5 seconds against Betis and immediately delivers something meaningful for our forwards. Meanwhile this lad thinks he’s grifting for some euros on the ramblas by doing some shite tricks on the half way line.

Unread 13-03-2023, 01:16 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
You’re comparing him to wingers who have been here more than six months, some have years of experience. Grealish is having a much better season this time round and his output is still less than Antony’s.

I’m going to put this crazy one out there and say that he is better than Damarai Gray.
Grealish is a weird benchmark. 100 million for six goals and four assists in his first season?

Marlo is right though. Getting to Gray's level will be the real test for our Brazilian. Might be best not to mention that he has scored and assisted less than Antony this season.

Unread 13-03-2023, 01:20 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Grealish is a weird benchmark. 100 million for six goals and four assists in his first season?

Marlo is right though. Getting to Gray's level will be the real test for our Brazilian. Might be best not to mention that he has scored and assisted less than Antony this season.

Unread 13-03-2023, 01:23 PM
dunk

Quote:

Unread 13-03-2023, 01:42 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I can see the point re: his price and what we should be expecting to see. Should be more like the Mudryk lad at Chelsea, or maybe even an impact like Pepe had at Arsenal…

The comparison with Saka is interesting. He’s been in Arsenal’s team in the PL since he was 17? And only now is he actually contributing regularly? Similar for Martinelli?

I think Greenwood still has more goals in the PL than Saka and Martinelli and he’s not played for 18 months.

Maybe, just maybe, a little patience is required and he needs to play to get to the required level, and he’s actually doing alright all things considered?
to be fair, greenwood was the future.

Unread 13-03-2023, 01:51 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
No offence but I’d say you’re more guilty of that than any other poster.

Bet you didn’t even celebrate when he got the winner against Barca.
What a silly thing to say on both counts.

I have my own opinions on players unlike you who just agrees with whatever bunks and ethers post. Be your own person...

Unread 13-03-2023, 01:58 PM
marlo

Quote:

wow

I don’t say gray had scored and assisted more.

I just said i don’t think he is as good as him and if i go your own metric it’s not about stats is it.

Or is it about stats now?

Unread 13-03-2023, 02:31 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Going through the first page before we’d even signed him. Talking of West Ham…

It’s almost like people made their minds up before he even got here.
Yeah and I’d still prefer him. Antony makes me pine for Valencia ffs

Unread 13-03-2023, 02:38 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
What a silly thing to say on both counts.

I have my own opinions on players unlike you who just agrees with whatever bunks and ethers post. Be your own person...
Honestly can only assume you’re jealous. It’s sad to see but I’m always willing to be friends with you. Only love over here brother.

Unread 13-03-2023, 03:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Antony makes me pine for Valencia ffs

(dalot makes me pine for valencia, but still....)

Unread 13-03-2023, 03:57 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Still keen on rashford going to ipswich pal?

Unread 19-03-2023, 08:54 PM
NedKelly

Wonderful feet, was very direct tonight and when he isn’t being direct he holds the ball so well. Think he’s going to end the season on a high. Fully accept some of the criticisms of him from those who’ve come at it with logic and reason (looking at you, Hyman), but there’s no denying there’s been one or two posters who wrote him off before he kicked a ball for us and almost seem to want him to fail. Won’t say any names - they know who they are.

Unread 19-03-2023, 09:16 PM
puressence

Very rare you get talent and graft. Changed the game today. And always puts a shift in. Gonna be an absolute belter

Unread 19-03-2023, 09:22 PM
avocado

More Argentinian than Brazilian. Had a go at their left back twice in the first five minutes he was on the pitch and got him booked when the left back tried to get him back. Could be really good if he practised a bit with his right foot.

Unread 19-03-2023, 09:26 PM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Very rare you get talent and graft. Changed the game today. And always puts a shift in. Gonna be an absolute belter
Changed the game was decent when he came on but calm down. Them being down to 9 men changed the game ffs

Unread 19-03-2023, 09:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
More Argentinian than Brazilian. Had a go at their left back twice in the first five minutes he was on the pitch and got him booked when the left back tried to get him back. Could be really good if he practised a bit with his right foot.
That lad was lucky to stay on too, had a couple more digs at him after he was booked

Unread 19-03-2023, 10:04 PM
puressence

Quote:
Changed the game was decent when he came on but calm down. Them being down to 9 men changed the game ffs
He changed the game they started to defend deeper the full back suddenly wasn’t the furthest player forward ..