United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:38 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Interesting from a world class defender and club legend...

But I'm talking shit apparently...?
The difference is he isn’t writing him off. He’s commenting on how he got out paced. You wrote him off 5 games ago.

Much like others likened rashford to join Ipswich you’re going to have egg on your face when ETH gets him going . As well as Sancho.

Criticising a players performance is fine. You bang on about him none stop 100 times a week and wait for him to mess up and slag him off.

He didn’t play well against Arsenal , he needs to improve, give him the chance to do so.

If Antony was at the club for 4/5 years and he had been putting in the same shite performances it’s one thing. But the guy has had less than half a year in which 6 weeks were international.

I can’t wait for him and Sancho to both come good (ETH will work his magic in the near future) and you’ll come out with the standard “ I was only Wumming, I’m glad they’re playing well etc etc” %@#$&!s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Remember the good old days when we bought players who already had confidence because they were professional footballers.
Like vidic and Evra who had a shaky first 6 months?

Or Ronaldo when people were banging on about no finished product?

Or de gea when people were saying to start lindegaard ahead of him when he was struggling at the start?

Sometimes you get quality footballers who just don’t click, veron and Forlan. Give the 22 year old time to develop.

I’m not dismissing his poor performances, he has to start to do better , he can’t have 7/8/9 average to poor performances at this club in a row.

But it’s not enough to write off his Man Utd career

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:42 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The difference is he isn’t writing him off. He’s commenting on how he got out paced. You wrote him off 5 games ago.

Much like others likened rashford to join Ipswich you’re going to have egg on your face when ETH gets him going . As well as Sancho.

Criticising a players performance is fine. You bang on about him none stop 100 times a week and wait for him to mess up and slag him off.

He didn’t play well against Arsenal , he needs to improve, give him the chance to do so.

If Antony was at the club for 4/5 years and he had been putting in the same shite performances it’s one thing. But the guy has had less than half a year in which 6 weeks were international.

I can’t wait for him and Sancho to both come good (ETH will work his magic in the near future) and you’ll come out with the standard “ I was only Wumming, I’m glad they’re playing well etc etc” %@#$&!s.

Like vidic and Evra who had a shaky first 6 months?

Or Ronaldo when people were banging on about no finished product?

Or de gea when people were saying to start lindegaard ahead of him when he was struggling at the start?

Sometimes you get quality footballers who just don’t click, veron and Forlan. Give the 22 year old time to develop.

I’m not dismissing his poor performances, he has to start to do better , he can’t have 7/8/9 average to poor performances at this club in a row.

But it’s not enough to write off his Man Utd career
Word.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:42 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Remember the good old days when we bought players who already had confidence because they were professional footballers.
Not really no.

Unread 23-01-2023, 10:55 AM
dunk

What was Salah doing at 22? Basel? Chelsea reserves?

Just as a ‘for instance’.

I don’t understand the desire to write off young players that are new to the club and the league

Unread 23-01-2023, 11:20 AM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Word.

Great points made about Vidic and Evra who looked really shaky early on in their United careers.

Much like them, while Antony hasnt performed amazingly well, he definitely looks mentally tough, up for a scrap, ready to work hard for the team etc.

Unread 23-01-2023, 11:23 AM
jem

vidic and evra are irrelevant to antony. so is salah.

he has scored some great goals. he works hard. his tricks aren't all coming off. big whoop. he needs to do more.

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:51 PM
Sparky***

Regardless of how long he’s been here, this is not what I expect from a 80 million quid forward. .

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:53 PM
AK14

Tbf one is dribbling with a football while the other is just flat out sprinting.

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Tbf one is dribbling with a football while the other is just flat out sprinting.
He lost the ball because of the shocking touch

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Regardless of how long he’s been here, this is not what I expect from a 80 million quid forward. .

https://twitter.com/undeludedassnah/...fjvElsP6K-fvdQ
Jesus Christ, one has a football one doesn't, one miscontrolled that football but won a corner....

Any videos of Antony sprinting back to cover AWB almost the length of the pitch ?

Or we just posting arsenal content cherry picked to again slate Antony ?

Unread 23-01-2023, 06:58 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Wingers used to be able to do this, it was basically why they got the position don’t see it much nowadays mind. Have we had a pacey winger since Giggs/Kanchelskis?

Unread 23-01-2023, 07:06 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Wingers used to be able to do this, it was basically why they got the position don’t see it much nowadays mind. Have we had a pacey winger since Giggs/Kanchelskis?
Dan James. Sold him for a profit too.

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:02 PM
silv

Quote:
Garnacho looks alright

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:12 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Forgotten Ronnie already? Sad to see.

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:15 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Forgotten Ronnie already? Sad to see.
Actually had probably about ten others too

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Ethers

The Speed King

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:50 PM
History

Quote:
Literally had a winger nicknamed 'Kick, Run Cross'

Unread 24-01-2023, 01:52 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Literally had a winger nicknamed 'Kick, Run Cross'
Who ended up at RB because he was woeful at all three.

Unread 24-01-2023, 02:55 PM
Hyman_Roth

The issue with Antony appears to be that he’s unwilling or unable to use his right foot so it kind of means he can’t cross unless cutting in onto his left. Crossing opps when playing with your left foot on the right wing tend to be pretty limited.

It also discourages him from going on the outside of players or at least appears to, meaning he’s a bit predictable to play against and fairly limited.

Honestly think he would be better played on the left or better still, learn to use both feet ffs.

Only an observation and obvs Erik knows best - it’s just a bit weird.

Unread 24-01-2023, 03:20 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
The issue with Antony appears to be that he’s unwilling or unable to use his right foot so it kind of means he can’t cross unless cutting in onto his left. Crossing opps when playing with your left foot on the right wing tend to be pretty limited.

It also discourages him from going on the outside of players or at least appears to, meaning he’s a bit predictable to play against and fairly limited.

Honestly think he would be better played on the left or better still, learn to use both feet ffs.

Only an observation and obvs Erik knows best - it’s just a bit weird.
If I was ten Hag, I’d be like Mickey in Rocky and make him train with his left foot tied to kettle bell or something.