United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 12-01-2023, 11:20 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Please post a link to a quote where I have ben slagging off the team or the progress we have made?

I am not a fan of Antony. You and others are. Some aren't - it happens.

Truth boms from Akkers.
I'm not fussed either way, it's early days for him.

I'd say its you who has written him off. So you're doing that thing where you pretend people are saying he's absolutely brilliant so you can use your narrative. Just let him play more games.

Unread 12-01-2023, 11:25 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I'm not fussed either way, it's early days for him.

I'd say its you who has written him off. So you're doing that thing where you pretend people are saying he's absolutely brilliant so you can use your narrative. Just let him play more games.
A few oddballs are tbf...won't name names....

Unread 12-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Bunker Buster

He's had a brilliant start at United

Unread 12-01-2023, 11:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
It’s mad isn’t it

‘He doesn’t take people on’ well, he does, he just doesn’t pointlessly go on the outside time and again to try and whip the ball in to no-one.

Unread 12-01-2023, 11:31 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Is it bothering you that United seem to be building a good side?
Weird as £#%&!. You’re complaining about someone questioning a player by saying ‘are you bothered that united a building a good side’.

It’s that kind of hysterical shite that’s driving this discussion - not the criticism of Antony.

Fergie was questioned for multiple things by everyone on this forum every day of his managerial life and he was the greatest manager of all time. Jem routinely criticised everything Fergie did and no one batted an eyelid.

Stop ramping it up. All it is is a few people saying they’re not yet convinced that Antony is going to be what we want him to be. Everyone knows it’s early £#%&!ing days.

Unread 12-01-2023, 11:33 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Yeah, so brilliant, that club 'sources' have had to leak stories to the press 'justifying' why they paid so much for him because he hasn't been the instant hit they hoped...

Unread 12-01-2023, 11:38 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
because he hasn't been the instant hit they hoped...
How instant do you want ...... ?

Unread 12-01-2023, 11:46 AM
dunk

Quote:
Yeah, so brilliant, that club 'sources' have had to leak stories to the press 'justifying' why they paid so much for him because he hasn't been the instant hit they hoped...
That’s because of #@&%!s expecting him to be smashing a goal a game and dropping crosses on a non-existent strikers head incessantly.

The level of expectation on young players at OT from the the FIFA/YouTube generation is unreal tbh.

Did he cost too much? Yes. Is that his fault? No. Did he pull his tripe out to get here? Yes. Has he contributed and grafted since his arrival? Yes.

Honestly don’t know what the fuss is about

Unread 12-01-2023, 11:47 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That’s because of #@&%!s expecting him to be smashing a goal a game and dropping crosses on a non-existent strikers head incessantly.

The level of expectation on young players at OT from the the FIFA/YouTube generation is unreal tbh.

Did he cost too much? Yes. Is that his fault? No. Did he pull his tripe out to get here? Yes. Has he contributed and grafted since his arrival? Yes.

Honestly don’t know what the fuss is about :loco;

Unread 12-01-2023, 11:48 AM
dunk

Quote:
Pissed in VDS’s packed lunch I heard, then mooned the board.

Unread 12-01-2023, 12:16 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Email the club, let Erik know, he's only been working with him for 4 years, maybe he's not seen something you have in 4 months...

Unread 12-01-2023, 12:25 PM
silv

Quote:

Honestly don’t know what the fuss is about
Says the fella who slagged Case off constantly

Unread 12-01-2023, 12:31 PM
NedKelly

Looking forward to bumping this thread numerous time over the season.

Unread 12-01-2023, 12:34 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Looking forward to bumping this thread numerous time over the season.
Me too, pal, me too.

Unread 12-01-2023, 12:36 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 12-01-2023, 01:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
I didn’t. I was enthused by his first couple of appearances, concerned by the next couple, then all in from that point.

In fact, I never slagged him off, I questioned the logic of signing someone who’s done it all based on the misery the last however many signings of a similar profile had panned out.

He isn’t a young kid either, is he?

You carry on though.

Unread 12-01-2023, 01:14 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
I didn’t. I was enthused by his first couple of appearances, concerned by the next couple, then all in from that point.

In fact, I never slagged him off, I questioned the logic of signing someone who’s done it all based on the misery the last however many signings of a similar profile had panned out.

He isn’t a young kid either, is he?

You carry on though.
He's 30. Practically dead according to some at the time.

Unread 12-01-2023, 01:17 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Yeah good one. Not sure why you’re defending Antony so much tbh isn’t he about four years too old for you?

Can’t fault his attitude and that goes a long way but he needs to improve his overall game which hopefully is what ETH is trying to do long term. An out and out striker might be the making of him.
I havent defended him, you simpleton. I dont particularly rate him from what I've seen.

Unread 12-01-2023, 03:28 PM
Joe Biden

Unread 12-01-2023, 03:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
My opinion is that people are @#%&!s.