United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-08-2022, 01:35 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
has anybody seen much of him?
Youtube. Does some very nice 360 spins & no look passes. Good job he doesn't play down Shaw's wing or he'd be sending befuddled Luke off to the shops

Based on the Forbes valuation of Ajax (2021), we'll have basically paid up half of what Ajax FC is worth in total through the DVB, Anthony & Lisandro signings. Not sure why they don't throw an extra few hundred mil in and buy the club out right to be honest. Would have saved a lot of time and bother.

Unread 21-08-2022, 02:27 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
So you don’t think we should buy this player from this club because it
Might jeopardise our capacity to buy players from this club?
Yes…that’s definitely what I said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm quite certain United haven't told him to go on strike mate.
I know. More that I don’t want his behaviour sullying one of the seemingly few respectful relationships we still have with another proper football club.

These things often leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Unread 21-08-2022, 03:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Plenty....
the real deal?

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:17 PM
saffers

Unread 21-08-2022, 12:23 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

£#%&! me his feet are quick. For a moment I thought the video was sped up until I remembered that wingers are supposed to be like that.

Unread 21-08-2022, 02:13 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Not much passing backwards in that

Unread 21-08-2022, 02:20 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Not much passing backwards in that
He’ll learn.

Unread 21-08-2022, 02:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
the real deal?
Sorry just seen this, not long up.....

A two footed winger that absolutely ADORES coming inside and driving at players, also has a lot of flair and works very hard for his team, has that arrogance that is mostly backed....

He's kind of what we thought we were getting from Sancho at Dortmund until we got Sancho at United, that's the reservation I have that he is swallowed up in the shite mood we have around the club. But if we keep on buying, Cass, Erikson, Big Ty etc the mood could lift....

He very obviously wants to come, adores EtH, knows his system etc ...

He's not a prolific goal scorer, but he gets you off your seat, creates space, overlaps and isn't afraid to do something to change a game....

Think Ronaldo at Bolton in the sun on his debut....

Every transfer is a risk, every step up is a question, he seems to have the right attitude and the balls to back it....

Unread 21-08-2022, 02:59 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Sorry just seen this, not long up.....

A two footed winger that absolutely ADORES coming inside and driving at players, also has a lot of flair and works very hard for his team, has that arrogance that is mostly backed....

He's kind of what we thought we were getting from Sancho at Dortmund until we got Sancho at United, that's the reservation I have that he is swallowed up in the shite mood we have around the club. But if we keep on buying, Cass, Erikson, Big Ty etc the mood could lift....

He very obviously wants to come, adores EtH, knows his system etc ...

He's not a prolific goal scorer, but he gets you off your seat, creates space, overlaps and isn't afraid to do something to change a game....

Think Ronaldo at Bolton in the sun on his debut....

Every transfer is a risk, every step up is a question, he seems to have the right attitude and the balls to back it....
Is he left sided?

Would love to see Sancho on the left and this H-missing legend on the right.

Unread 21-08-2022, 03:01 PM
goonlooca

Dropped from the Ajax game today - confirmed

Unread 21-08-2022, 03:21 PM
windy waffles

Not mentally fit to play due to our interest, apparently...

Unread 21-08-2022, 03:26 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

They'll have had about 15 years worth of TV payments from Utd by the time this is all said and done for a few players they spent around 15-20 mil to get in. Sure they'll be crying into their pancakes and windmills full of money as they reluctantly wave good bye NQAT

Unread 21-08-2022, 03:26 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Is he left sided?

Would love to see Sancho on the left and this H-missing legend on the right.
He mainly plays for the right hand side coming in on his left foot but he can whip a good ball in from left
He’s certainly not two footed as he almost exclusively uses his left foot which is a wand

I think if he does arrive then it’s either Sancho or Rashford fighting it out for the left forward role

Seems a huge amount of money for an attacker who only got 8 goals and 4 assists in the Eredivisie last season
However the eye test seems to indicate a player of huge potential who could develop into one of the best attackers in world football

This is his game last week in what will probably be his last appearance for Ajax

This is him absolutely destroying Dortmund in both CL group games last season

Unread 21-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He mainly plays for the right hand side coming in on his left foot but he can whip a good ball in from left
He’s certainly not two footed as he almost exclusively uses his left foot which is a wand

I think if he does arrive then it’s either Sancho or Rashford fighting it out for the left forward role

Seems a huge amount of money for an attacker who only got 8 goals and 4 assists in the Eredivisie last season
However the eye test seems to indicate a player of huge potential who could develop into one of the best attackers in world football

This is his game last week in what will probably be his last appearance for Ajax

https://youtu.be/StTp4UKPq9Y

This is him absolutely destroying Dortmund in both CL group games last season

https://youtu.be/6-SwEjON90E

Unread 21-08-2022, 03:31 PM
Bunker Buster

Plays from the right, we'll probably use Gakpo from the left and he is two footed....

Unread 21-08-2022, 03:32 PM
dunk

I fancy Gakpo to play through the middle a fair bit if we get him tbh.

Big fan of Antony, I was convinced City would snap him up this summer tbh, will be delighted if we get him.

Unread 21-08-2022, 03:35 PM
AK14

Are we getting the both of them?

I thought it was being reported Gakpo was the Antony back up plan?

Unread 21-08-2022, 03:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I fancy Gakpo to play through the middle a fair bit if we get him tbh.

Big fan of Antony, I was convinced City would snap him up this summer tbh, will be delighted if we get him.
Yeah get it done. Give them a £100m. Who gives a shit? If the glazers want to mask their failings by panicking and releasing a load of funds, then we might as well benefit from it before we kick the shits out.

Unread 21-08-2022, 03:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Are we getting the both of them?

I thought it was being reported Gakpo was the Antony back up plan?
Seems we want 2. We need a winger to replace MG11 and someone that can play through the middle. Gakpo looks like a striker waiting to happen to me, albeit I’ve only seen bits.