United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-07-2012, 01:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
Moura's agent is his dad, ribeiro is just a brazilian super-agent who tries to get involved in every deal leaving that country. He will have gone to the chairman and said - let me sort this I can get you 40m etc etc. He doesn't represent the player
His dad may be his official agent, but Ribeiro is representing the player (and his family, who obviously own part of his rights) in these negotiations. Lucas' dad doesn't appear to be involved much. Ribeiro is the one making it happen and United won't deal with Lucas without him.

As you suggest, he's there to get both the player and the club the best deal. So he's not going to take sides in that respect.

Unread 25-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
His dad may be his official agent, but Ribeiro is representing the player (and his family, who obviously own part of his rights) in these negotiations. Lucas' dad doesn't appear to be involved much. Ribeiro is the one making it happen and United won't deal with Lucas without him.

As you suggest, he's there to get both the player and the club the best deal. So he's not going to take sides in that respect.
he doesn't represent the player. He will have nothing to do with negotiationg the lad's contract wherever he may go. He is working (very recently) for Sao Paulo in this potential deal

Unread 25-07-2012, 01:59 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
he doesn't represent the player. He will have nothing to do with negotiationg the lad's contract wherever he may go. He is working (very recently) for Sao Paulo in this potential deal
Don't think that's true. Lucas' family may have been representing him up until now (he's not even one of Sao Paulo's highest earners) but I expect they'll have recognised that they need help/advice in this level of negotiations. According to reports, when United met with Lucas' family last week, Ribeiro was there in the meeting with them.

Unread 25-07-2012, 02:28 PM
utd for ever

Quote:
Don't think that's true. Lucas' family may have been representing him up until now (he's not even one of Sao Paulo's highest earners) but I expect they'll have recognised that they need help/advice in this level of negotiations. According to reports, when United met with Lucas' family last week, Ribeiro was there in the meeting with them.
Any latest news coming from Brazil? or Fergie no value strikes back.

Unread 25-07-2012, 02:40 PM
naes_sean

edit: wrong thread.

Unread 25-07-2012, 03:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever
Any latest news coming from Brazil? or Fergie no value strikes back.
Not really. Sao Paulo now very keen to sell and the line they're feeding to the press is that they're still waiting (hoping) for United to make another offer. Ribeiro due in England today, so there could be some developments soon.

Unread 25-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Liu Jian

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Shall investigate Hendricks further. Many thanks.

Unread 25-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
probably right, he's on record as acting for the club and that's what the problem will be more than likely as he will be unable to demand a huge agents fee off United as they (will rightly) point out that he is acting for Sao Paulo. We're the only country in the world where this rule is enforced and I've no doubt it will be one of the major stumbling blocks. Either way Ribeiro will make a fortune out of this deal from either Sao Paulo, Utd or the lad himself

Unread 25-07-2012, 04:21 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Worth the thread just for this tbh.

Unread 25-07-2012, 04:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
probably right, he's on record as acting for the club and that's what the problem will be more than likely as he will be unable to demand a huge agents fee off United as they (will rightly) point out that he is acting for Sao Paulo. We're the only country in the world where this rule is enforced and I've no doubt it will be one of the major stumbling blocks. Either way Ribeiro will make a fortune out of this deal from either Sao Paulo, Utd or the lad himself
That absolutely £#%&!ing stinks. What use is he? He just gets in the way.

Unread 25-07-2012, 04:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Great situation for him, tbh, as he's now probably been charged by Sao Paulo with making sure it goes through. He'll be able to take a big cut from their end, I'd imagine.

Unread 25-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
That absolutely £#%&!ing stinks. What use is he? He just gets in the way.
its a good point. Some agents do a good job and we all know how clubs would tie young lads in knots if they didn't have someone looking after them. The other end of the spectrum is people like Ribeiro etc. Just using their influence to make a life-changing amount on a regular basis.

Unread 25-07-2012, 05:27 PM
santiago

Sao Paolo will want Ribiero to tie up a cut of the sell-on fee. So when Madrid come knocking they will be taking a slice of the pie in 3-5 years time. No doubt Ribiero will instigate that move and take a second piece at the same time...

Unread 25-07-2012, 05:34 PM
TheNew

do people honestly think this is going to happen?

I thought we didn't have a £#%&!ing pot to piss in?

Unread 25-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNew
do people honestly think this is going to happen?

I thought we didn't have a £#%&!ing pot to piss in?
we don't. but i'm going de beers later on to press my face against the glass and then stroll around the shop, stroking my chin and nodding.

Then i'll just casually walk out and go into h samuel.

Unread 25-07-2012, 07:23 PM
dunk

As we are always told, United only do deals on the drip these days anyway, so if they spent £60m and staggered the payments over 4 years, that would be £15m a season, not taking into account any player sales in that time. I dare say they could manage that, and have to, really, in order to keep the 'brand' strong for the multitude of commercial deals in place.

Unread 25-07-2012, 07:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

it's on (back)

Sao Paulo vice-president Joao Paulo de Jesus Lopes still believes an agreement can be reached with Manchester United for Lucas Moura.
Moura’s agent Wagner Ribeiro yesterday suggested there was little chance of the 19-year-old joining United this summer as the Red Devils had fallen short in their bid for the Brazilian youngster,
However, Lopes insists the door is not closed to United, telling Radio Estadao ESPN: “I don’t rule out the possibility that in the future there are some sort of negotiations for the transfer of Lucas to United, because we received Manchester with great courtesy and left open the possibility of more talks.
“Manchester United came to us and their approach was serious."

Unread 25-07-2012, 10:33 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
we received Manchester with great courtesy and left open the possibility of more talks.
probably thought we were city

Unread 25-07-2012, 10:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
probably thought we were city
nah...NO ONE makes that mistake

not for another 50 years anyway

Unread 25-07-2012, 11:08 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbledinho
Weird that Ferguson complains about Hazard's price then seemingly we're in for this fella. Not exactly cheap is he.
Probably because hazards agent wasn't offering him a slice of the deal.
Closed Thread