United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
woooah boy. I was more making light of the fact nobodys getting giddy cos we want a midfielder so badly.

fwiw - I dont want this @#%&! at all.
Wasn't aimed at you mate, was more a comment in general about the press's willingness to report half-truths and lies, and the gullibility of people I normally consider of sound mind in lapping it up

Unread 17-07-2012, 08:12 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
The only obvious reason they'd do it is if they believe they're likely to get perhaps £50-60m in a few years' time. Still, it's a big risk considering how well Anderson's progressed since we signed him.
I also agree that this is an important season for Anderson.

Unread 17-07-2012, 08:16 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Has he set his sights on the Manchester Senior cup this season? The fat £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 17-07-2012, 08:35 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Has he set his sights on the Manchester Senior cup this season? The fat £#%&!ing @#%&!.
He's just making some sandwiches for the trip..... Better take a couple.... and a snack...Maybe a little treat too.....ooh, and a curry!...

Unread 17-07-2012, 08:53 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Unread 17-07-2012, 08:59 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Just needs a bit of luck with injuries. Still young. He was great in that first season.

Unread 17-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Just needs a bit of luck with injuries. Still young. He was great in that first season.
turn it in jc.

Unread 17-07-2012, 09:05 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
turn it in jc.
Just excited about Ando being back.

Unread 17-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
crazy isnt it, a potential 30m signing and none of us are excited in the slightest
If I thought there was even a small chance we'd sign him I'd be giddy as £#%&!.

Unfortunately we just 'take a look' nowadays. I dream of the days when we can crack the warchest open and make a transfer swoop for a young Brazilian superstar..

Unread 17-07-2012, 09:18 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Blatant carlo baiting.

Unread 17-07-2012, 09:19 AM
dunk

Can't wait to see a line up including Rafael, Fabio, Lucas, Nani and Anderson tbh.

Unread 17-07-2012, 09:20 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Just excited about Ando being black.

Unread 17-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Here you go pal,

Unread 17-07-2012, 09:52 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Here you go pal,

Powell looks like David Gill..... Get rid.

Unread 17-07-2012, 09:53 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Powell looks like David Gill..... Get rid.
£#%&!ing Bebe there, one lucky @#%&!. :shakehead:

Unread 17-07-2012, 09:57 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
£#%&!ing Bebe there, one lucky @#%&!. :shakehead:
Good on him I say. Living the dream, sort of...

Unread 17-07-2012, 10:02 AM
borsuk

the numbers quoted in these reports mean £#%&! all tbh. I remember listening to an interview with an exec from a bundles liga club (might have been schalke, not sure) years ago where he went into detail on the structure of most deals. basically the fee is rarely an issue, the negotiations tend to focus on payment dates, installments, trigger clauses (appearances, goals, international caps etc), financial co-operation (sharing facilities, joint marketing, access to points of sale, arranging friendlies) and so on. it was as depressing as it was interesting but it revealed a lot about budgets and why a club might spend nothing one year (still paying for a player, possibly paying the biggest installment) and then spend loads the next (old costs/obligations come off the books, a need to move costs forward etc).

in other words if we bought this lad it might say £30m in the papers but it might well be £10m up front and £15 next year (meaning we don't buy anyone next year) and £5 based on various triggers. it wouldn't mean we've suddenly changed the transfer budget, any more than buying nobody would.

Unread 17-07-2012, 10:03 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Here you go pal,

Scotch there for Ando n' Bebe.

Unread 17-07-2012, 10:06 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the numbers quoted in these reports mean £#%&! all tbh. I remember listening to an interview with an exec from a bundles liga club (might have been schalke, not sure) years ago where he went into detail on the structure of most deals. basically the fee is rarely an issue, the negotiations tend to focus on payment dates, installments, trigger clauses (appearances, goals, international caps etc), financial co-operation (sharing facilities, joint marketing, access to points of sale, arranging friendlies) and so on. it was as depressing as it was interesting but it revealed a lot about budgets and why a club might spend nothing one year (still paying for a player, possibly paying the biggest installment) and then spend loads the next (old costs/obligations come off the books, a need to move costs forward etc).

in other words if we bought this lad it might say £30m in the papers but it might well be £10m up front and £15 next year (meaning we don't buy anyone next year) and £5 based on various triggers. it wouldn't mean we've suddenly changed the transfer budget, any more than buying nobody would.
Newcastle are apparently the only side in Europe that currently pay their transfer fees up front, which is why they are getting some good players - the likes of Cisse, Cabaye & potentially Debuchy are all due to teams getting the full wedge which makes massive accounting sense for the buying side.

That fat £#%&! Ashley obviously started on the wrong foot up there but he's not the complete flute everyone took him for.

Was it Ajax that took the piss out of United for being skint? I bet we try & pay in monthly installments, Ocean Finance indeed.

Unread 17-07-2012, 10:08 AM
dunk

2 potential signings and neither a LB

This hope is killing me.
Closed Thread