View Poll Results: Qatari Ownership?
Yay 51 42.86%
Nay 68 57.14%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 16-02-2023, 08:17 AM
Stickman

I hate losing and love winning despite hating the current owners

I just want owners that prioritise Football and let the club spend its income.

Unread 16-02-2023, 09:01 AM
Hyman_Roth

Well there’s winning and then there’s the way in which you win.

All those suggesting that Qatar ownership of united compared with city is a poor one because city broke the rules and we won’t need to - let’s see what actually happens to city. For the argument to carry water, city need to be stripped of their titles and cups and demoted. Otherwise, they will continue to cheat and we will continue to play by the rules.

Do we really think Abu Dhabi are going to buy city and then be constrained by the revenue potential of 40,000 max banana waving Le coq sportif wearing #@&%!s with no world wide appeal? They will keep searching for ways in which they can beat ffp - given the prospect they’ll probably get away with the current charges.

Unread 16-02-2023, 11:11 AM
rustling jimmies

The only owners I would want, buzzing if they do take over

Unread 16-02-2023, 12:53 PM
TreeFiddy

As I suspected the toppest reds are voting nay. Vg2c

Football is dead. Long live football.

Unread 16-02-2023, 01:10 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
As I suspected the toppest reds are voting nay. Vg2c

Football is dead. Long live football.
Big Roy Acorn swung it for me.

Top man.

Unread 16-02-2023, 01:48 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53RedRum
In. If Qatar remove the debt renovate the stadium and leave the team to financially look after itself then what's the problem? The only hypocrites are the ones who still think the middle East is some backwards $#*!hole. The way of life is superior to the west in many ways.
You won't be getting argument from me , regarding this matter as my views on it are very similar to yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The sooner Football leaves the mawkish sentimentality behind the sooner we can all move along. The game that we grew up with is done and we either move with the times or get left behind with our tip top values.

I am hardly doing backflips over the idea of Arab money, but lets face it, the Western world seems to have its fingers planted firmly down the old ear canal when it comes to the new super powers in the world.

I like the idea of Jim Ratcliffe but how is he the answer over anyone else? Genuine question.

The idea of us being a City or PSG doesn't even come into the conversation. We're a ready made package ready to go. Like a really tasty frozen meal. Inject the cash, clear the debt and that is literally all that's needed.
In your last paragrath, you have particuly called it absolutly bang-on

Unread 16-02-2023, 03:09 PM
tatty

City, and to a lesser extent Newcastle are sink holes for cash.

Not so United, once our debt is cleared we will be relatively cheap to run for the Qatari’s. In fact, they should be able to sell us on for more than they end up paying given that you’d expect us to be more successful on the pitch and what comes from that financially.

We aren’t going to be on oil money life support.

Unread 17-02-2023, 12:37 AM
BarryX

Thought about this for a while, and as there's no 'meh' option, I've gone for the 'yay'.

My logic is that if Qatar Airways had become one of our official sponsors and pumped millions into the club, I don't think anyone on here (myself included) would have batted an eyelid. We were taking Russian money through Aeroflot up until last year FFS and I don't recall the furore when they signed up.

That's not to say I wouldn't prefer the ideal of us being ran by an ethically sound foundation, owned by the fans and with the help of an altruistic billionaire or two. But let's face it, that just's not going to happen.

Get rid of the debt. Compete in the transfer market with the big spenders and support ETH however he likes. Life's too short. Make Utd great again.

Unread 17-02-2023, 12:45 AM
92ToBury

Qatari ownership - embrace modern football, £#%&! everyone else, may as well stop the berts and vermin winning rather than hoping someone else can. It's the best of a bad situation.

What would you rather have, American ownership? £#%&! off

Sir Jim? The guy who bid for Chelsea? Absolute top red.

Unread 17-02-2023, 01:08 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Really? Are they going to keep creating super rich Middle East countries?
Trust me, if Qatar loses its bid on buying United they will look at purchasing another club in the Premier League instead. The Saudi's wanted to buy the club but had to settle with Newcastle.

Down the road, you won't be able to consistently compete for the top spot, unless your owned by a gulf state, or someone worth hundreds of billions of dollars like Elon Musk, or Mukesh Ambani.....the latter who has expressed a desire to own Arsenal.

Unread 15-03-2023, 07:42 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
The sooner Football leaves the mawkish sentimentality behind the sooner we can all move along. The game that we grew up with is done and we either move with the times or get left behind with our tip top values.

I am hardly doing backflips over the idea of Arab money, but lets face it, the Western world seems to have its fingers planted firmly down the old ear canal when it comes to the new super powers in the world.

I like the idea of Jim Ratcliffe but how is he the answer over anyone else? Genuine question.

The idea of us being a City or PSG doesn't even come into the conversation. We're a ready made package ready to go. Like a really tasty frozen meal. Inject the cash, clear the debt and that is literally all that's needed.
It's very hard to argue with any of it & I would have liked to have seen, Sir Jim Ratcliff owning the club, but sadly being realistic about , it seem's that he either has'nt got the crazy amount in which those greedy parasites are asking for, or he has decided that, somone should be stepping-in & informing them that they have let the Club go to wrack & ruin on & off the pitch & as a result that would lucky to get even a quarter of the £6 Billion that they are asking for!

Unread 15-03-2023, 08:27 PM
Sparky***

may as well just submit to it now.

don't think we've got many years left in terms of functioning western society anyway, may as well try and win some stuff

Unread 15-03-2023, 10:43 PM
Denis Irwell

Finally succumbed to Qatar. Reluctantly. I’m confident they’ll have the club back on its feet again but still a bit concerned about their level of management/involvement. Best of a bad lot but have even less faith in Jim’s intentions or ability to get us seriously competing again. Don’t give a shite about the image of ME. That’s their country and their business and a lot of hypocrisy with the naysayers here. Not ideal but alternatives look less appealing for the well being of the club

Unread 15-03-2023, 11:46 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Yes.

I just want to see Manchester United winning again. The last ten years have been rough.
Jesus wept. We've consistently qualified for Europe and won 4 or 5 major trophies.
More than most clubs have in their history.

We don't have a divine right to win the league every season. Football is cyclical....with or without Qatar we will eventually get back to the top.

Unread 15-03-2023, 11:55 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
Jesus wept. We've consistently qualified for Europe and won 4 or 5 major trophies.
More than most clubs have in their history.

We don't have a divine right to win the league every season. Football is cyclical....with or without Qatar we will eventually get back to the top.
I don’t think anyone thinks United have a divine right to win the league. But it Would be nice to just challenge for a league title for the first time in 10 years tbh.

Unread 16-03-2023, 07:24 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don’t think anyone thinks United have a divine right to win the league. But it Would be nice to just challenge for a league title for the first time in 10 years tbh.
Do you think we would have challenged before now if we’d have had ETH or equivalent? Rather than a stream of managerial idiots and inappropriate players chosen by a clueless investment banker?

Unread 16-03-2023, 07:34 AM
MUFC One Love

It's not the perfect scenario but the perfect scenario probably couldn't happen. If you want United to compete this is probably the best way. This fan ownership idea just couldn't happen imo unless there was rules brought into the league for every club.

I'm also not as keen on Ratcliffe as others are. People talk like he would be the saviour. From what I've read there would still be debt, wouldn't even be a full 100% ownership? Also Ineos don't seem to have a brilliant record with everything they have done, and the talk of this guy he wants to bring in to run it doesn't sound promising looking at his record.

Unread 16-03-2023, 07:52 AM
Hyman_Roth

Whereas PSG are utter dog shit despite continually cheating.

City are the most successful oil club and that’s largely because they acquired the whole Barca hierarchy. They’ve also cheated on an industrial scale.

I guess you can conclude that ME ownership doesn’t necessarily lead to success but it does mean you’ll definitely cheat.

Unread 16-03-2023, 08:10 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:

City are the most successful oil club and that’s largely because they acquired the whole Barca hierarchy. They’ve also cheated on an industrial scale.

I guess you can conclude that ME ownership doesn’t necessarily lead to success but it does mean you’ll definitely cheat.
Our problem is the ground and training ground.

Who has the money to plough money into that other than the ridiculously rich?

Unread 16-03-2023, 08:14 AM
puressence

Quote:

the barca hierarchy the club paying refs the more than a club upthere with city with the entire barca hierarchy for corruption the @#%&!s
Closed Thread