United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Anya can see them sailing away with this.
Dogshit, utter dogshit.

Unread 15-11-2014, 12:17 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Dogshit, utter dogshit.
the less successful follow-up single.

Unread 15-11-2014, 01:37 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Have you ever been to Royston or Gorbals or Coatbridge? Some of These people still genuinely think they are irish. 3 or 4 generations down the line. I don't know where McCarthy or McGrath are from in Glasgow but you can bet your balls they've been brought up the exact same way. It's mental.
Only when my team was playing Scottish cup, wouldn't spend any more time in those shitholes then absolutely necessary.

Was tasty(hark at Danny Dyer) playing in that cup in Glasgow when you're representing Aberdeen. Likewise when they came up to us they got absolutely peppered by the crowd, the clubs that hate you would come and support you for the day

Unread 15-11-2014, 03:08 AM
Clarkie

Personally, I couldn't care less....It ain't United..... But that performance was a disgrace!

Anyone saying otherwise, needs to have a word

Unread 15-11-2014, 09:42 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Dogshit, utter dogshit.
I thought there was a joke in there somewhere, but I couldn't be arsed thinking about it enough to find it.

Just think yourself lucky that the Orinoco flow/womble gag didn't get past my (obviously malfunctioning) internal editor.

Unread 15-11-2014, 10:39 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

People like McCarthy and mcgeady identify themselves with their ancestoral origin for the same reason some Muslims in England may identify with their religion over their country of birth, or 2nd or 3rd generation Mexicans identify themselves with mexico rather than the us.

It's because it's been bred into them either in the home or outside, that they are not welcome.

Unread 15-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
People like McCarthy and mcgeady identify themselves with their ancestoral origin for the same reason some Muslims in England may identify with their religion over their country of birth, or 2nd or 3rd generation Mexicans identify themselves with mexico rather than the us.

It's because it's been bred into them either in the home or outside, that they are not welcome.
Looking too far into it, they play for Ireland because they feel they have a better chance at playing in the World Cup and European Championships.

Unread 15-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Looking too far into it, they play for Ireland because they feel they have a better chance at playing in the World Cup and European Championships.
Fair enough.

Unread 15-11-2014, 01:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

You don't half talk some absolute £#%&!ing %@#$&!s sometimes.

Unread 15-11-2014, 02:47 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
I went to Italian 90 and stayed in a campsite populated by Dutch and Irish, there were also a large contingent of Scottish lads there following Ireland. This was despite Scotland being based up in Milan. I asked some of them why ireland not Scotland? Replies varied, considered themselves more Irish because of their heritage, parents Irish or just because of the amount of rangers players in the Scottish team. Couldn't say much to them myself considering I was born in England myself

Unread 15-11-2014, 03:16 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch
what have you got against greece ffs...have they banned huge plastic chess set in town squares or summert.....austerity measure mate

Unread 15-11-2014, 05:29 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
I went to Italian 90 and stayed in a campsite populated by Dutch and Irish, there were also a large contingent of Scottish lads there following Ireland. This was despite Scotland being based up in Milan. I asked some of them why ireland not Scotland? Replies varied, considered themselves more Irish because of their heritage, parents Irish or just because of the amount of rangers players in the Scottish team. Couldn't say much to them myself considering I was born in England myself
There are too many non Cork players in the Irish team for my liking.

Unread 15-11-2014, 06:03 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
what have you got against greece ffs...have they banned huge plastic chess set in town squares or summert.....austerity measure mate
2004 - still a crime against football. And any chance of forgiveness vanishes when they turn out the same turgid shite now.

Unread 15-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Ginners

lol @ ireland

Unread 15-11-2014, 08:43 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
2004 - still a crime against football. And any chance of forgiveness vanishes when they turn out the same turgid shite now.
shite football and anonymous footballers aside, i thought it was a brilliant example of a coach working with what he had in front of him and winning stuff.....a slap in the face for a lot of "top" manages working with world class players and winning £#%&! all.

Unread 15-11-2014, 09:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
shite football and anonymous footballers aside, i thought it was a brilliant example of a coach working with what he had in front of him and winning stuff.....a slap in the face for a lot of "top" manages working with world class players and winning £#%&! all.
Well yeah..........apart from that

Unread 15-11-2014, 10:41 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
It's a very strange choice and it tends to be from Celtic fans some of which have never even set foot in Ireland. I don't recall that many Rangers players playing for us at that tournment either, malpas and mccleod were Dundee United and hibs, McKimmie and Leighton Aberdeen, McCall Everton at the point...mcstay Celtic. Sure it went because they were in Englands group and England had the Rangers contingent Butcher, Woods, Trevor Steven and I think even Gary Stevens in the squad?

Correction - McCleod was at Dortmund and Leighton United of course.

Counted there were 4 Rangers in England squad and 3 in the Scotland squad.

Unread 16-11-2014, 09:14 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
. I think we have an outside shot in this group with Germany and Poland away out the way already.
classic case of Premature Jock Elation

Unread 16-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
classic case of Premature Jock Elation
I said outside shot Kevin.

Unread 16-11-2014, 09:33 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
I said outside shot Kevin.