United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:19 AM
armchair

Default Re: That thread about Berba. We need one about Carrick

He was brought on as a gamble obviously. All it would've taken is a little time and a run from owen. Bang goal.

At the time I thought it was madness obviously but that's the theory.

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:20 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Can't remember what the numbers were but we had an excellent counter second half. Carrick received the ball, turned in field, and Owen, Rooney (and Giggs I think) were bursting forwards. A ball over the top - not overly ambitious - would've put Owen in on a run towards goal. Carrick opted to take a few more touches before skipping past Barry (who was busting a gut to get back) and pass the ball back to one of our CBs.

Summed him up tonight, and this season tbf.
That was ridiculously annoying .

What's going on with Hamsik? Is he still going to Chelsea? Haven't seen a great deal of him, but I'm still convinced he would be perfect for us. He's got the style, technique and attitude to be a United player - moreso than the likes of Sneijder and Diego imo.

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:21 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian

What's going on with Hamsik? Is he still going to Chelsea? Haven't seen a great deal of him, but I'm still convinced he would be perfect for us. He's got the style, technique and attitude to be a United player - moreso than the likes of Sneijder and Diego imo.
the internet eh!

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Liu Jian

Well this season I've seen too much of Carrick and Gibson.

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:30 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I'm shocked at just how much the great man has deteriorated this season
He has still put in by far the best midfield performances out of any of our CMs this year.

Away to Spurs, Wigan, Stoke and West Ham he was peerless. Unfortunately his legs are gone, and we have not one single creative midfielder to replace him.

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:31 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian

FM2010 is £#%&!ing ace imho.

Unread 20-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Terry Silver

Schneijder would have been perfect for us. Very clever player, with a decent shot on him.

Real were trying to give him away all summer, and now he's taking Serie A by storm. Very good free-kick taker, and only 25.

Ah well, we have Carrick and Anderson - they average about 3 goals each season between them.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:00 AM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Schneijder would have been perfect for us. Very clever player, with a decent shot on him.

Real were trying to give him away all summer, and now he's taking Serie A by storm. Very good free-kick taker, and only 25.

Ah well, we have Carrick and Anderson - they average about 3 goals each season between them.
we had no money mate x

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:07 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
we had no money mate x
Thanks for that, but if we'd asked for £75m plus Sneijder the chances are Real would have agreed.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:30 AM
UtdAggro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
Thanks for that, but if we'd asked for £75m plus Sneijder the chances are Real would have agreed.
Have we had a bad dutch player yet?

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:33 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
you know what.

hes not even a bad player.

i just dont get why he seems incapable of making forward balls.

even when he gets the chance to shoot he seems to take soo long to make up his mind.

Ando does the same, but tbh i dont think we expect that much from him.

but Carrick we've seen thread balls in through the eye of the needle, especially during his first two seasons.

dont know why he's gone backwards like that.
i agree tronics, hes got the ability but mentally he doesnt seem to able to produce

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:38 AM
Sparky***

Carrick was poor tonight. We had enough of the ball for him to stamp his quality on the game but he provided very little other than relatively impotent passes.

There was a moment late in the game where michael owen was on the shoulder of city's last defender, crying out to be played in, it wasn't a difficult pass - carrick delayed and the moment was gone. instead he rolled the ball sideways, as he had done for most of the night. Picking the 'safe' option.

Really, really disappointed with him and fletcher tonight.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:38 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtdAggro
Have we had a bad dutch player yet?
No, we had Jordi.

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Carrick was poor tonight. We had enough of the ball for him to stamp his quality on the game but he provided very little other than relatively impotent passes.

There was a moment late in the game where michael owen was on the shoulder of city's last defender, crying out to be played in, it wasn't a difficult pass - carrick delayed and the moment was gone. instead he rolled the ball sideways, as he had done for most of the night. Picking the 'safe' option.

Really, really disappointed with him and fletcher tonight.
yeh i remember that bit perfectly, was crying out for him to slide through for owen instead he dithered and came inside

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:40 AM
The Watcher

So, that's 8 defeats this season, 3 of them at home? £#%&!ing grim

Unread 20-01-2010, 01:51 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
So, that's 8 defeats this season, 3 of them at home? £#%&!ing grim
Not good is it?
That's the first goal we've scored in all those defeats too. One goal scored in 8 defeats.
Says a lot about our attacking options & our service from set pieces in particular.

Depressing watching Wayne get more & more isolated because we simply don't have central midfielders capable of supporting/running beyond him & we don't have any other strikers good enough to consistently perform alongside him.

Giggsy is unreal. He's still our most creative midfield player.
Evra has had an equally magnificent season.

I hope we absolutely destroy them next week.
I just wish we could play the second leg now

Unread 20-01-2010, 02:19 AM
The Watcher

I couldn't give a £#%&! about the upcoming Hull game tbh. Every 'decent' player should be rested. Then give City a right £#%&!ing next week. Not that I'm confident Sitting back and hitting us on the break will play to their strengths - they really didn't want to come out and attack us tonight, despite being the home team. You just know we'll concede shit goals, even if we score a few. I feel sick just thinking about it :shakehead:

Unread 20-01-2010, 02:22 AM
Sloane

Quote:
I couldn't give a £#%&! about the upcoming Hull game tbh. Every 'decent' player should be rested. Then give City a right £#%&!ing next week. Not that I'm confident Sitting back and hitting us on the break will play to their strengths - they really didn't want to come out and attack us tonight, despite being the home team. You just know we'll concede shit goals, even if we score a few. I feel sick just thinking about it :shakehead:
nevermind big zlat we will have big zak to deal with on saturday though

Unread 20-01-2010, 02:46 AM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by vim
Indeed. Carrick can pass the ball to another player in the same team.

Anderson is nothing more than a Tevez but without positional sense, passing or shooting ability. However he does have dreadlocks and a massive arse.

Unread 20-01-2010, 04:44 AM
LH_88

Carrick is a player that will always look good in a good team. Elegant on the ball, both footed, contributes next to £#%&!all in a game of football though.

Since Ronny left we're not as good, and now we're not as good, Mikey C has been shown up for the absolute fraud he is.
Closed Thread