United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2010, 09:50 PM
Zorg

Default Re: Wenger - World Manager of the decade.

Ha, what a load of shite.

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:01 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Never mind Wenger top.

How the £#%&! did Benitez out vote Lippi & Ancelotti?

Vicente del Bosque

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:09 PM
andyroo

Anyone want to run a translation of the article by us?

Specifically the bit about Raymond Domenech. Was this his idea? That would explain a lot.

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Sir Alexander Ferguson

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:14 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Anyone want to run a translation of the article by us?

Specifically the bit about Raymond Domenech. Was this his idea? That would explain a lot.
It just says 'Raymond Domench has not done too badly in the table'.

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:17 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It just says 'Raymond Domench has not done too badly in the table'.
Fair enough.

The heavily implied "...considering what an utter goose he is" goes without saying of course.

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:17 PM
tony tabletop

Not really a surprise if it's compiled in France is it really

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Fair enough.

The heavily implied "...considering what an utter goose he is" goes without saying of course.
Indeed.

One of the comments says 'the presence of Domenech alone completely removes any credibility from this list, the clown has a virtually empty honours list and yet is above Lemerre, who won Euro 2000.'.

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:22 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony tabletop
Not really a surprise if it's compiled in France is it really
Isn't he an Alsatian? Practically German.

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:29 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Isn't he an Alsatian? Practically German.
They'll deny it till they're blue in the face.

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
They'll deny it till they're blue in the face.
Yeah, there was some sort of leaflet campaign against the Germans in the war I imagine.

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Yeah, there was some sort of leaflet campaign against the Germans in the war I imagine.
My missus' two grandads were both forced into the German army in 1940, they were told their families would be put in camps otherwise. Hitler considered them volkdeutsch. They both went awol, one by deliberately messing with his leg wound to stop it healing and the other simply by legging it into a forest in Russia after being ordered to shoot innocent people. Both made it back ok.

Some Alsacien soldiers were present at the Oradour-sur-Glane massacre, which led to decades of strained relations between Alsace and other regions in France. However, there were stories of them saving some residents as their superiors didn't realise they spoke French, so they were able to tell people to get out while they could.

After the war they had no kind of recognition and had to avoid ever mentioning what had happened. They were called the 'Malgré-nous'.

It's an irony of history that the grandads of the arab kids her daft brother says aren't really French fought for France, whilst his grandad fought for Germany.

Ironically it's one of the most patriotic regions, they're very keen on being French. And it's majority Catholic. In any case, just try to get any kind of civil servant to do something. The miserable @#%&! will be only too French.

End of history waffle.

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
My missus' two grandads were both forced into the German army in 1940, they were told their families would be put in camps otherwise. Hitler considered them volkdeutsch. They both went awol, one by deliberately messing with his leg wound to stop it healing and the other simply by legging it into a forest in Russia after being ordered to shoot innocent people. Both made it back ok.

Some Alsacien soldiers were present at the Oradour-sur-Glane massacre, which led to decades of strained relations between Alsace and other regions in France. However, there were stories of them saving some residents as their superiors didn't realise they spoke French, so they were able to tell people to get out while they could.

After the war they had no kind of recognition and had to avoid ever mentioning what had happened. They were called the 'Malgré-nous'.

It's an irony of history that the grandads of the arab kids her daft brother says aren't really French fought for France, whilst his grandad fought for Germany.

Ironically it's one of the most patriotic regions, they're very keen on being French. And it's majority Catholic. In any case, just try to get any kind of civil servant to do something. The miserable @#%&! will be only too French.

End of history waffle.
Sorry.

Once, drunk, took the piss out of the French resistance to me bruv's French wife, turned out her Granddad was in the resistance and killed and she still has the shirt he was shot in, with the bullet hole in it. Awkward much.

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Sorry.

Once, drunk, took the piss out of the French resistance to me bruv's French wife, turned out her Granddad was in the resistance and killed and she still has the shirt he was shot in, with the bullet hole in it. Awkward much.
Jesus :cringe:

I didn't mean it like that by the way, it's just fresh in my mind as there was some sort of commemoration recently and her granddad suddenly started telling stories about the war that even his kids had never heard. Really interesting (and harrowing) stuff.

Unread 22-10-2010, 10:59 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Jesus :cringe:

I didn't mean it like that by the way, it's just fresh in my mind as there was some sort of commemoration recently and her granddad suddenly started telling stories about the war that even his kids had never heard. Really interesting (and harrowing) stuff.
"Oh, that's terrible, glass of red?" possibly lacked a certain empathy asa response, particularly in a rather slurred voice.

Unread 22-10-2010, 11:11 PM
stax

Quote:

End of history waffle.
I took my kids to Oradour-sur-Glane last summer, the French wisely left the village exactly as the SS left it, very poignant.

Unread 22-10-2010, 11:14 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Wenger - World Manager of the decade.

Zorg, the old boy did well legging it from the Eastern Front and making it back in one piece. Bloody hell.

Unread 23-10-2010, 03:48 PM
redmike

Paddy Barclay must have had a block vote.

Unread 23-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Grimson

Quote:

End of history waffle.
You're married? atamining:
Closed Thread