United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Appletango

Default Re: 'I said "I'll decide when you retire"'

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, and SAF talked him round - what's wrong with that??

Regarding Carrick, how much (or rather little) he has played since his Bayern £#%&!-up tells its own story imo........

I rather suspect Fergie made up his mind right then. He is also stubborn enough, imo, to give Berbatov another year in the hope he will finally "come good" - even though that will get the haters going
Even if Berba scores 30 goals next season he will still be a failure in my eyes. He costs 30m and was/is supposed to be at the peek of his career.

Players like Nani, Anderson etc can be allowed time to settle or can be excused for indifferent performances due to their age and lack of experience.

When you pay 30m for a player in his peek, you expect instant results and not two years later wondering what the £#%&! he is supposed to be.

He has to be sold as he can't win, as much as I feel sorry for him, it will suit both him and the club if he isn't here next season.

Unread 05-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Default Re: 'I said "I'll decide when you retire"'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appletango
Even if Berba scores 30 goals next season he will still be a failure in my eyes. He costs 30m and was/is supposed to be at the peek of his career.

Players like Nani, Anderson etc can be allowed time to settle or can be excused for indifferent performances due to their age and lack of experience.

When you pay 30m for a player in his peek, you expect instant results and not two years later wondering what the £#%&! he is supposed to be.

He has to be sold as he can't win, as much as I feel sorry for him, it will suit both him and the club if he isn't here next season.
Yep.

I stuck up for the man strongly for a while, but he simply does not have the mental strength or desire to win as is required by a Manchester United player.

Unread 05-05-2010, 06:03 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: 'I said "I'll decide when you retire"'

I £#%&!ing love Fergie. "I'll decide when you retire"
Closed Thread