United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 19-11-2017, 12:58 AM
Denis Irwell

Was a bit surprised when the mileage stats came up and showed Mata had covered more ground than anyone else on the pitch. Had been thinking how ineffective he’d been but really, I don’t think he lost possession once which helped keep us going. Yes, a fair amount of “safe” passes but this, as opposed to Mikki losing it 9/10? Hope Ibra is given a go in a Rashers, Ibra, Lukaku, Martial line up.

Unread 19-11-2017, 01:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
Injury crisis over and we're brilliant again, the smell of pissy mattress on this forum lately has disgusted me, helll of a team
Nah, we’re still shit, it’s just Newcastle were infinitely shitter.

Unread 19-11-2017, 01:11 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nah, we’re still shit, it’s just Newcastle were infinitely shitter.
amazing it was 4-1 and not infinity nil

Unread 19-11-2017, 01:15 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Was a bit surprised when the mileage stats came up and showed Mata had covered more ground than anyone else on the pitch. Had been thinking how ineffective he’d been but really, I don’t think he lost possession once which helped keep us going. Yes, a fair amount of “safe” passes but this, as opposed to Mikki losing it 9/10? Hope Ibra is given a go in a Rashers, Ibra, Lukaku, Martial line up.
I think it's done on steps.

Unread 19-11-2017, 02:27 AM
Kangared

Looked awful for 1st 20 minutes & deservedto go behind. Not enough credit today for Lukaku. He did everything he was brought in to do. Think he might play from the right more often with Zlatan back. He enjoys cutting in from the right. All in all, very good performance. Wouldn’t mind seeing Lindelof given a run as a DM at some point to give Magic a rest

Unread 19-11-2017, 11:17 AM
Furry Russian hats

Mkhitaryan needs to be back in the side, his form fell off a cliff edge when Pogba got injured, but now he’s back hopefully he an rediscover it.

He has the footballing brain of Mata but also the pace to go with it. He just needs a tiny bit of the confidence and swagger that Zlat and Pogba have to rub off on him, and lm sure we would have an integral member of the side.

Unread 19-11-2017, 11:34 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
Mkhitaryan needs to be back in the side, his form fell off a cliff edge when Pogba got injured, but now he’s back hopefully he an rediscover it.

He has the footballing brain of Mata but also the pace to go with it. He just needs a tiny bit of the confidence and swagger that Zlat and Pogba have to rub off on him, and lm sure we would have an integral member of the side.
I think we all agree that mkhi is brilliant when he's brilliant.

Unread 19-11-2017, 11:45 AM
puressence

Thought romelu was excellent amazing what having a forward thinking player in the pitch does

Unread 19-11-2017, 11:50 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Thought romelu was excellent amazing what having a forward thinking player in the pitch does
mata?

Unread 19-11-2017, 12:24 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I think it's done on steps.

Unread 19-11-2017, 02:39 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
The last thing a number 10 should be doing is constantly take the safe option. When both are fit and on form, Mikki every time. The downturn in the performances of both mikki and lukaku coincided with pogba getting injured. They’ll both improve now there’s an effective midfielder in there. He’s clearly the most infleuencial player in the dressing and on the pitch.

Unread 19-11-2017, 02:48 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
The last thing a number 10 should be doing is constantly take the safe option. When both are fit and on form, Mikki every time. The downturn in the performances of both mikki and lukaku coincided with pogba getting injured. They’ll both improve now there’s an effective midfielder in there. He’s clearly the most infleuencial player in the dressing and on the pitch.
Pogba has played with real freedom and authority this season. He never goes hiding and his absence has shown just how infectious he is and how well he combines with others. Matic, Lukaku, Rashford, Mickey are all better and able to do their own jobs better when he is there.

He would have been forgiven for being a little cautious yesterday, but he strode in and owned it. Forcing the issue for the equaliser and busting a gut to get his goal.

Great to have the big man back

Unread 19-11-2017, 03:04 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
mata?
Someone quicker than a slug

Unread 19-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
The last thing a no 10 should be doing is playing shit every game and constantly giving the ball away as well as taking the safe option. Needs sorting either way.

Unread 19-11-2017, 05:10 PM
AK14

I think Ibra would be a good option at 10 in a Mourinho team and would like to see it happen

Agree that we're a different proposition with Poggers in the side, gives us so much more going forward.

Unread 19-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I think Ibra would be a good option at 10 in a Mourinho team and would like to see it happen
Did it behind Cavani for PSG, I expect we'll see it in the derby if everybody is available.

Unread 19-11-2017, 05:21 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Did it behind Cavani for PSG, I expect we'll see it in the derby if everybody is available.
Hopefully

Also think we might see more of Lukaku off the right with Ibra through middle and dropping deep making space for Lukaku and Martial/Rashers like he finished the game yesterday

Unread 19-11-2017, 05:52 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Not enough credit today for Lukaku. He did everything he was brought in to do. Think he might play from the right more often with Zlatan back. He enjoys cutting in from the right. All in all, very good performance. Wouldn’t mind seeing Lindelof given a run as a DM at some point to give Magic a rest
He really needed that goal, hopefully he can go on another run now.

Unread 19-11-2017, 10:30 PM
saffers

Sad to see so many haters fume about our comeback yesterday.

Imagine rooting against your own club. Very sad!

Unread 19-11-2017, 10:31 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Sad to see so many haters fume about our comeback yesterday.

Imagine rooting against your own club. Very sad!

Saffers knows

@#%&!s...them not you