jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustling jimmies
Will finish above us as long as we have Ole in charge yhihf

Unread 20-11-2019, 07:53 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Looks to me that it's a financial decision and the Stadium has to have CL football so his job is to get 4th regardless of how. Expect some defensive lumps to be bought in January funded by the sale of Ericsson hopefully to us.

This is real short termism.
It's a weird one, POCH has got them top 4 for the past 5 years, one little dip and he's gone.....must have been a 50/50 decision, he must have something lined up....

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:12 AM
Cream

Have to agree with Carragher.

Rebuild required, which clearly the owner wasn't happy with. Maybe, even, doubting that Poch could pull it off.

Mou will, as RedHeg says, come in a patch a few holes.

Speaking of prohibitively expensive rebuilds: what's the craic with Spurs youth setup?

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:20 AM
Terry Truthman

Can’t decide if this good or bad for spurs

Part of me thinks Mourinho is damaged goods after his second stint at Chelsea due to the Eva Carinero saga. He didn’t do brilliant for us now did he?

But then on the other hand he had handicapped during his tenure at OT due to the 25 colooneys @#%&! telling him who can buy and a petulant #@&%! as a midfielder shitstirring within the ranks

Let’s wait and see how it goes....

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:20 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

carra spot on as per.

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:23 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
carra spot on as per.
end of season...back in the PL ...think Magic would have been better

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:24 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
end of season...back in the PL ...think Magic would have been better

Was about to point that out. Didnt know they’d been relegated

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Patty_b

Mourinho wins trophies, but usually leaves a toxic spill after his inevitable meltdown.

I'm expecting the same at Spurs.

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:29 AM
Mr_Ed

Spurs fans should be fine - they had George Graham for a while. Good appointment for them.

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:35 AM
AK14

I think he’ll do well there.

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:36 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Mourinho wins trophies, but usually leaves a toxic spill after his inevitable meltdown.

I'm expecting the same at Spurs.
And now his trophies are just Mickey mouse cups so not even worth it.

Although the sages on here seem to sing his praises for buying nearly a whole new team and never coming remotely close to winning any of the big ones.

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:36 AM
waynes ear's

Ginners?

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:39 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
And now his trophies are just Mickey mouse cups so not even worth it.

Although the sages on here seem to sing his praises for buying nearly a whole new team and never coming remotely close to winning any of the big ones.
Reckon Spurs fans will take anything they can get. Get their hopes up before the inevitable demise.

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:46 AM
S/Side.Red

Interesting he mentioned the academy in his statement. Could be the first job Mou has had in which he will be expected to work on a budget and develop young players. If that's the case it's definitely a strange appointment, but he's obviously still got the hunger.

But is he still mental..

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:49 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Interesting he mentioned the academy in his statement. Could be the first job Mou has had in which he will be expected to work on a budget and develop young players. If that's the case it's definitely a strange appointment, but he's obviously still got the hunger.

But is he still mental..
Not being stuck in a hotel in the frozen north might help mitigate.

I did mention youth. Not heard back from the Poch packers.

Mourinho did well with McTommers and appeared to get a tune out of Shaw for a while. He's so desperate for a job that he might have convinced Levy he's the next Frank Lampard.

waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
But is he still mental..
Good. He'll take Matic off our hands for a sizeable fee then

which will then be used to pay the shareholder dividends on 6th Jan

Casanova85

A) Levy is a cheap bastard and Mou a big spender. Curious marriage.

B) Lots of veteran alpha males in that dressing room who own zero allegiance to Mou.

C) I expect Mou to lift three fingers when he loses at Stamford Bridge.

Risky business signing Mou.

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:50 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Mou will, as RedHeg says, come in a patch a few holes
Thought the problems with their new stadium had been sorted out?

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:52 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Not being stuck in a hotel in the frozen north might help mitigate.

I did mention youth. Not heard back from the Poch packers.

Mourinho did well with McTommers and appeared to get a tune out of Shaw for a while. He's so desperate for a job that he might have convinced Levy he's the next Frank Lampard.
The hotel thing a symptom of his mentalness I'd say tbf.

Shame he's still okay with the snide route in hours after the manager has been binned, but the single-mindedness is his thing.

Unread 20-11-2019, 08:54 AM
waynes ear's

"Tottenham's 2019-20 season is the subject of an Amazon All or Nothing documentary."

Closed Thread