United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > News, Current Affairs & Politics
Closed Thread

Unread 29-03-2020, 10:47 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
May as well add him to the count like they did that 21 year old girl...

He killed himself because he couldn't see anyway out of the crisis ?

Oh lord....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
With the state that Deutschebank is in, being Finance Minister of Germany wouldn't be that appealing without this latest crisis anyway.
He wasn't the German finance minister, he was just the one for Hessen

Unread 29-03-2020, 10:49 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
over 40, had weight problems in the past?

you're not getting a ventilator.
Add that to the fact my lungs are f***ed from my TB, I KNOW I ain't getting anything other than maybe some drugs to keep me quiet as I shuffle off this mortal coil.

Unread 29-03-2020, 10:59 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al View Post
Add that to the fact my lungs are f***ed from my TB, I KNOW I ain't getting anything other than maybe some drugs to keep me quiet as I shuffle off this mortal coil.
I'm the same. If I get any serious symptoms I'm locking myself in a room with as much booze as possible.

Not going to take up a ventilator someone younger could use.

Unread 29-03-2020, 11:02 PM
ScarFace

Unread 29-03-2020, 11:10 PM
TravellingRed

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I have nothing against death panels. The concept was denied by the left as being ludicrous though.

I can accept the reality of the situation.

If I get serious symptoms I won't be going to hospital.
It isn't ludicrous, it's a symptom of 40 years of right wing doctrine in the UK.

Unread 29-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
I'm the same. If I get any serious symptoms I'm locking myself in a room with as much booze as possible.

Not going to take up a ventilator someone younger could use.
Yup. Always wanted to take the Capt. Oates way out.

Unread 29-03-2020, 11:12 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingRed View Post
It isn't ludicrous, it's a symptom of 40 years of right wing doctrine in the UK.
I've nothing against it. 100 people have a disease you treating the 50 most likely to recover

BUT

I'm against denying the reality of this and pretending everyone gets treated equally.

what country has the highest number of icu beds per person?

Unread 29-03-2020, 11:22 PM
5 Cantona's

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath View Post
Will get some up soon mate.

Healthcare in Libreville (capital) is OK if you have insurance and lots of medical people are French trained. We had some good dentists - Frenchies see it as a good option to come and earn a load of dosh - but they headed back for the Feb holidays and I doubt they'll be back.

Where my daughter and I are, there are no hospitals as such. A few clinics but the general plan would be to get stabilised here then flown the 25 minutes (can't drive - we are on a peninsula and would take about 30 hours) to Libreville. This was fine until the bloody virus hit us.

Basically everyone here is hoping to a) magically avoid the bullet and b) praying that there's so much stuff here to kill you, the virus won't get a long life anyway. Malaria is a killer.

Lord knows what will happen - but if we die it will make a good story when the history of utdforum is written.
Jeez, it can't get hold of Africa.

Could be a continent wiped out.

Unread 29-03-2020, 11:27 PM
ScarFace

Germany death numbers so low, because if you die with Corona and they can say something else caused the death, they do it.

Opposite of Italy basically.

Unread 30-03-2020, 12:00 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
I've nothing against it. 100 people have a disease you treating the 50 most likely to recover

BUT

I'm against denying the reality of this and pretending everyone gets treated equally.

what country has the highest number of icu beds per person?
America? Only any use if you can pay for it. There's billions available for nuclear weapons systems in this country so there's enough for Healthcare.
Closed Thread