United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:07 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredemption77
Hope we get the scousers next round for a free hit
When is the draw?

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:08 AM
utd99

Finally a team we can get behind - Lingard aside.

This may have only been the league cup, but make no mistake this was a proper game against a team in good form. I think most proper United supporters don’t need us to be the finished article yet, just something to indicate we’re going the right way, and that was it. Very well done.

Special shout out to McT and Rashford; what a £#%&!ing goal. Best goon in forever.

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:08 AM
redredemption77

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
When is the draw?
Tomorrow morning 0845

Unread 31-10-2019, 12:27 AM
redhegemony

Great performance players look comfortable and know their roles. Same as the scousers we sat too deep and the equaliser was inevitable.

Rojo's passing is atrocious and if we had someone there who could pass the system would work well but we need to switch to a 4 when we're getting over run. Lingard poor. James gets so many free kicks because of his feet.

Williams very bold and two footed. Will make some mistakes but looks very fit.

Lower and Upper Shed both full and great atmosphere. Decent chick pea and tomato pie.

Unread 31-10-2019, 01:06 AM
NegativeNorris

Amazing what a bit of confidence will do. McTommers is turning it a brilliant player. He'll be captain sooner rather than later I think. The fact he's excelling in a poor midfield says a lot about his quality tbh.

Unread 31-10-2019, 01:09 AM
redhegemony

Don't see the point of putting The Scottish Player under more pressure by making him captain. Give it to Maguire along with a rocket up his arse

Unread 31-10-2019, 01:19 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Don't see the point of putting The Scottish Player under more pressure by making him captain. Give it to Maguire along with a rocket up his arse
It was really poor. If you’re going to follow the centre forward to the halfway line you have to win that header. That said, he could reasonably have expected better cover considering what Batshuayi had to do to get that shot off; I also think De Gea would have saved it.

No excuses, but we’ve only conceded 12 goals in 15 games this season, and I think McGuire has a lot to do with that.

Our biggest problem right now is that, in games like that one particularly, you need to be able to pick teams off on the counter when you’re a goal up and they’re committing men forward. Playing Lingard in that role -or any role really- is just a waste of a shirt. Surely this can’t go on for much longer.

Unread 31-10-2019, 01:20 AM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
I didn't mean now, but in the next two or three years I can see it.

Unread 31-10-2019, 01:31 AM
Casanova85

Good vibrations. Chelsea is a Top4 team right now (played with subs, yes, but so did we) and knocking them out ain't peanuts. Great goal by Rashford-hope the young lad keeps improving.

The against-all-odds draw vs Liverpool smells already of "turning point". Momentum! Next step: Bournemouth! Bring it on, goddammit!

Unread 31-10-2019, 05:10 AM
believe

Just watched it and thought it was our best performance to date. Lack of chances will be a concern until we sort out a couple of places but there seems to be a desire among the players that has been missing. Brandon Williams certainly earned himself a few more starts. Romero, Rojo and Lingard should be nowhere near the first team in any competition.

Unread 31-10-2019, 05:10 AM
Part 36 Offer

Feels like when Ole took over all over again. We are playing really good stuff; we're full of running and there's a great pace and energy about the side. You can see real fight and commitment throughout the team which is great to see and how it should be.

Chelsea have been superb of late and we outplayed them at home for large parts of the game and looked dangerous at all times. There's a proper team developing here.

f***ing love Ole and United

Unread 31-10-2019, 06:27 AM
shenwen

Mentioned after the Norwich game but the difference for me is the urgency in midfield. Win the ball and get it forward. None of that constant sideways and backward passing that had become the norm. Players taking a risk. Won't always work but ultimately is better than the safety first approach we saw earlier in the season. Fred in particular looks more at home with this more dynamic approach. Not a player who likes time on the ball

Let's hope this is the start of something.

Lingard was a surplus player. Can't recall a single positive thing he did with the ball at his feet. If he can't even impress as a squad player, his time is most likely up.

Unread 31-10-2019, 06:48 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
am i right in thinking that's our third win at stamford bridge in a decade?

good result. here's hoping after the start we've had to this season that we can now put a run together. maybe have a 2016/17-esque season.
oles played two won 2

Unread 31-10-2019, 07:16 AM
Patty_b

Great performance. I've always backed The Scottish Player to be a brilliant player, but since the start of the season he's matured a lot. Plays like he's 10ft tall and he reads the game like one of the best. Can't count how many times he turned possession over. Also runs at players and plays a decent forward ball. Proper midfielder.

I like Williams, just needs game time. Incredible balance on the ball.

Rashford

James

Thought Maguire did well other than their goal, should be winning those aerial challenges all day, but even then Rojo, Lindelof and Romero didn't cover themselves in glory. Shit goal to concede.

Lingard can just disappear please. Offers nothing. Committed loads of pointless little fouls and only really played the ball back towards Romero. Useless.

Unread 31-10-2019, 08:14 AM
windy waffles

Always said Ole knows what he is doing.

Unread 31-10-2019, 08:27 AM
My Name is Heath

I was slated on here and almost hounded off for saying that Ole is the man.

His 3 signings have been perfect for us and if he gets another 2 in the next 2 transfers windows, we are back in Top 4 contention.

Could Williams save us on the left?

Stay frosty lads - Odin's Lost Son Ole will steer us to safety.

Sod it - I'm giddy.

Unread 31-10-2019, 08:31 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It was really poor. If you’re going to follow the centre forward to the halfway line you have to win that header. That said, he could reasonably have expected better cover considering what Batshuayi had to do to get that shot off; I also think De Gea would have saved it.

No excuses, but we’ve only conceded 12 goals in 15 games this season, and I think McGuire has a lot to do with that.

Our biggest problem right now is that, in games like that one particularly, you need to be able to pick teams off on the counter when you’re a goal up and they’re committing men forward. Playing Lingard in that role -or any role really- is just a waste of a shirt. Surely this can’t go on for much longer.
Bit harsh considering he was sat at home

Unread 31-10-2019, 08:51 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Feels like when Ole took over all over again. We are playing really good stuff; we're full of running and there's a great pace and energy about the side. You can see real fight and commitment throughout the team which is great to see and how it should be.

Chelsea have been superb of late and we outplayed them at home for large parts of the game and looked dangerous at all times. There's a proper team developing here.

£#%&!ing love Ole and United
Feels like a wiser and more confident Ole he’s worked out who can’t play and doesn’t pick them. Matic must be gone in Jan. no sentiment either could have brought Mata on but didn’t. Coaching seems to have gone up a notch.

Unread 31-10-2019, 09:32 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Didn't get in.

On a coach home now, car clamped

Classic SSG2ers

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:30 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Just watched it and thought it was our best performance to date. Lack of chances will be a concern until we sort out a couple of places but there seems to be a desire among the players that has been missing. Brandon Williams certainly earned himself a few more starts. Romero, Rojo and Lingard should be nowhere near the first team in any competition.
Agreed.