United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It is a weak squad now with few options in some key areas but at least we can see a template of what he wants in style of play. Defenders who can play out, a high press, speed in transition. He is not thinking short term as Mou always was or even LVG came towards with the results pressure making Fellaini an option for him.

It makes me wonder what type of discussions have gone on behind the scenes, if Ole has the confidence to effectively weaken the squad to create space and opportunities for a rebuild then it would be strange if he suddenly came under massive pressure over results. Utd panicking and looking to avoid a true transition is one of the key reasons why this down period has gone on this long, just chucked money and names at it hoping for a quick fix. Ole's approach has a feel of finally accepting the need to take our medicine.
It’s easier to be optimistic when you can see incremental improvement though. It doesn’t have to be massive, just bit by bit is enough. With too many of these players you just don’t see it. Can you honestly look at a player like Pereira, or Lingard and be optimistic they will ever be good enough? Can you look at a player like Lindelof and ever see a time where we won’t lose goals to him being flimsy in the air? Do you feel comfortable about our presence up front?

Whatever we’ll be in the future I think it’s clear that right now we’re just not good enough. On the pitch, off the pitch and in the boardroom.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:17 PM
Albert Tatlock

Is Bailly still with us ?

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Is Bailly still with us ?
Only by virtue of being injured, again.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:21 PM
utd99

The play is just not £#%&!ing clean at all. Our players lack of quality is like strapping ten pound weights to a boxers wrists.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Only by virtue of being injured, again.
Why is he always injured ?

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Why is he always injured ?
Because he’s a clumsy oaf.

Knives are out already..

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:27 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...965790209?s=21

Knives are out already..
Will be interesting too see if woodward keeps him on when we finish outside the top 4. Sadly i fear he will be used as a scapegoat for the glazers

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:28 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Knives are out already..
They can bring out their knives, but what are they going to do if they sack Ole ? Pay off his 4 year contract, get another manager in, although I have no idea who, who'll demand a 300 milion transfer kitty....what would be the point ?

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:29 PM
utd99

Quote:
Knives are out already..
Madness.

I do wish he’d stop expecting people we know aren’t the answer to be the answer though.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
They can bring out their knives, but what are they going to do if they sack Ole ? Pay off his 4 year contract, get another manager in, although I have no idea who, who'll demand a 300 milion transfer kitty....what would be the point ?
I agree. Twitter mongs though

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:30 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Will be interesting too see if woodward keeps him on when we finish outside the top 4. Sadly i fear he will be used as a scapegoat for the glazers
We have every chance of finishing above Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:31 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Madness.

I do wish he’d stop expecting people we know aren’t the answer to be the answer though.
Tbh he can hardly say 90% of this team are shit.

Change the formation and play pogba further forward and hope their arses dont fall off

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Madness.

Not got much in the way of options at this point and he can hardly %@#$&! them all, call them shite and drop them when he has to get through the next 9 months with them. Mou tried that and look what happened to him..

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:33 PM
Jethro

Quote:

Knives are out already..
I mean, Twitter is full of Marlo's and MartialLaw's. It's like sitting down with a nursery and asking them their stance on climate change.

Patience and lots of it is required. Something no one seems to have.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Tbh he can hardly say 90% of this team are shit.

Change the formation and play pogba further forward and hope their arses dont fall off
Clearly doesn’t fancy Matic or Fred and has no other options, so can’t do that, really.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
This team is too mentally weak. The moment they get themsleves in any challenge, they will faulter.

We cant even score past 10 men or beat palace at home. Rashfords head went when people said he shoud be taking the penalties

First bit of pressure and he £#%&!ed it. He was dreadful today ( as were about 10 others) . This team will not get into the top 4

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:34 PM
utd99

Quote:
If we don’t find a solution to the amount of times we give the ball away through sloppy play, the number of headers Lindelof is going to lose in critical areas or the lack of a clinical forward we have no chance.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Don’t know about that tbh.

Injury to any of the 3 decent players we have and we’re pretty much £#%&!ed.

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:35 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Clearly doesn’t fancy Matic or Fred and has no other options, so can’t do that, really.
He has to give fred a go. Something has to change. So far this season

We couldnt claw back a victory vs wolves after they equalised.

We couldnt get a victory at home after we equalised.

And today we couldnt muster a goal against 10 men for 20 mins

I know its a bit drastic but throw the youth in. They cannot do any worse

Unread 31-08-2019, 03:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
You're on £#%&!ing drugs mate.