United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 21-08-2017, 10:37 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
obvs the top 6 games might decide the title. take out the north london away trips after we'd sacked the league off last season and we were 2 4 2 against the rest and only really got outplayed for one 45 minutes against city in all those 8 matches. i'll be surprised if we don't end up with a better record this time... so it's the games against the rest that will decide whether we can challenge.

totally bossing swansea and west ham etc needs to be routine. a few classic united 1 2 3 blasts a bit earlier in games aren't far away
In all of those draws last season bar a couple of them our opposition wouldnt have been able to moan if we scored another and won the games. Glad we were so slept on last season as if we can keep up converting chances as well as stepping up from an already decent defensive record last season too we
could be in for a belting season.

Unread 21-08-2017, 10:38 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
No one is saying we're going to piss it

We still have to face the big teams, deal with CL football, go behind in a match etc

Lots of different factors that need to be taken into account. The international break will be interesting to see how we are when the players come back. We'll be able to make a call after the game at Anfield
they have to face us you mean

Unread 21-08-2017, 10:40 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Iam not being negative, it seems to me the actual content of the game get's forgotten about due to how we are finishing (in both uses of the word )

The free header that the Swansea lad had go's in and its 1-1 and we are getting nervy again.

Cautious optimism from me until we play the big boys.
the shape, pace and confidence seems different. Much much more stable everyone doing their job. Big issue will be injuries for the top sides.

Unread 21-08-2017, 10:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
why is that worth remembering?

i couldn't give a £#%&! how city were doing this time last year or any other year tbh.
£#%&! me you're a #@&%!

Unread 21-08-2017, 10:46 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&! me you're a #@&%!
what? you posted more turd and got pulled for it. end of story.

who gives a £#%&! how city were doing last year?

let's open it up to the forum - anyone else care how city were doing this time last year?

no?

thought not. just dunk then.

Unread 21-08-2017, 10:50 AM
dunk

Quote:
what? you posted more turd and got pulled for it. end of story.

who gives a £#%&! how city were doing last year?

let's open it up to the forum - anyone else care how city were doing this time last year?

no?

thought not. just dunk then.
Like I said, you're a £#%&!ing #@&%!.

It doesn't matter if it was City or Huddersfield, the point is that a couple of easy wins at the beginning of the season can easily be a false dawn. Too much for your doddery old brain to process that, though.

£#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 21-08-2017, 10:52 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

It doesn't matter if it was City or Huddersfield, the point is that a couple of easy wins at the beginning of the season can easily be a false dawn. Too much for your doddery old brain to process that, though.

£#%&!ing #@&%!.
my god, you've actually £#%&!ing typed that.

Unread 21-08-2017, 10:54 AM
silv

Quote:

£#%&!ing #@&%!.
I think you'd be predicting our demise if we had drawn those two games.....

Unread 21-08-2017, 10:54 AM
dunk

Quote:
my god, you've actually £#%&!ing typed that.
And you actually typed that..

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
I think you'd be predicting our demise if we had drawn those two games.....
Not really would be disappointed, but the start of the season can be an odd time.

Unread 21-08-2017, 10:58 AM
redhegemony

Worth remembering 1985 with Ron's 10 match opening winning run - started with a 4-0 as well.

Unread 21-08-2017, 11:01 AM
Coracao

Decent start to the season. Still would like us to add another attacker before the window shuts, but can't see anything happening

Fancy us to knock in a few more vs Leicester. Seems £#%&!ing ages away. Got used to playing every 3 days or so towards the end of the season

Unread 21-08-2017, 11:02 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Decent start to the season. Still would like us to add another attacker before the window shuts, but can't see anything happening

Fancy us to knock in a few more vs Leicester. Seems £#%&!ing ages away. Got used to playing every 3 days or so towards the end of the season
and some cover for Matic,,, Wilshire would be very cheap.

Unread 21-08-2017, 11:16 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Probably because he's gash

Unread 21-08-2017, 11:21 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Pereira/Carrick will do for me. Gonna struggle bringing someone in who's quality as they're not gonna get much football at all unless midfielders are sold/released. Something that people really need to consider when demanding we sign players. Fabinho due to him being a right back too but then again if he sees himself as a midfielder doubt he will want to move to be understudy for someone we've just signed. An upgrade on Lingard in the shape of Perisic for me.

Unread 21-08-2017, 11:30 AM
dunk

Thumbs up

We've refused to loan Pereira to Valencia, apparently..

Unread 21-08-2017, 11:32 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
We've refused to loan Pereira to Valencia, apparently..
Needs to sort out his own pool boy not ponce off the club.

Unread 21-08-2017, 11:32 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Pereira/Carrick will do for me. Gonna struggle bringing someone in who's quality as they're not gonna get much football at all unless midfielders are sold/released. Something that people really need to consider when demanding we sign players. Fabinho due to him being a right back too but then again if he sees himself as a midfielder doubt he will want to move to be understudy for someone we've just signed. An upgrade on Lingard in the shape of Perisic for me.
Yeah, plenty of cover as it is. Matic will play the majority anyway- Carrick/Herrera/Pereira is more than enough to play when needed.

Unread 21-08-2017, 11:36 AM
dunk

Quote:

Unread 21-08-2017, 12:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Yeah, plenty of cover as it is. Matic will play the majority anyway- Carrick/Herrera/Pereira is more than enough to play when needed.

Unread 21-08-2017, 12:35 PM
20 times

Quote: