They will drop points at Arsenal.

MOTWYW

Unread 22-04-2007, 03:39 PM
1MUFC

Do one ya little slap head, WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SHALL NOT BE MOVED

Unread 22-04-2007, 03:40 PM
TreeFiddy

They MAY drop points at Arsenal.

We must win our next two games and then we'll win the title.

No more slip ups regardless of what centre back pairing we have.

Unread 22-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Lok

I'm £#%&!ing dreading the city game. They've hit relative form too, a couple of weeks ago they couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo but they're scoring most games now. Reckon they could hold us to a draw, same with Everton too. Can't see Chelsea beating us or arse though so all should be well.

Unread 22-04-2007, 03:48 PM
TreeFiddy

They've got the harder run in.

They face a tough home game against Man United while we have a reasonable task of going to Stamford Bridge.

wonky no

they will get nothing more than 2 points against bolton and arse.

we will beat city and everton and then batter chelsea at their place. No doubt we will get introuble off the fa for playing our youth cup winning side against west ham

jem

Default normally

their run-in would be harder than ours. the problem is arsenal. I'd back bolton and everton to get plucky draws ahead of the shite that is arsenal right now. against us, everton and city will both be well up for it. and we'll be knackered. we need evra, vidic and rio back as soon as. sadly, though, there will be no rest for rooney or ronaldo. and £#%&! me does giggs need to raise his game.

Unread 22-04-2007, 03:51 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
and £#%&! me does giggs need to raise his game.
He may have been poor yesterday but it's not easy coming on at half time and trying to fit into the team when everyone is rushing and panicking. He's been very good otherwise and when Giggs plays well, United play well. He just needs to start as he's not an impact sub. I think we all saw the faith that Fergie has in Richardson when he dragged him off at the half even though he was having a decent game.

Unread 22-04-2007, 03:53 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

it will go point for point till the end of the season....

we're hamstrung by injuries...but theyre looking drained and have a energy sapping CL SF to overcome......our games v Milan although difficult wont be as harrowing as theirs.

Unread 22-04-2007, 03:54 PM
jem

Default giggs

has been poor for a few games. although it would be unfair to pick him out yesterday. I sincerely hope he was saving himself for milan.

and, of course, should we win the league and get the euro final, I'd love to see him risk going flat out just one more time.

Unread 22-04-2007, 03:56 PM
wonky no

Hewson hatrick against West Ham

Unread 22-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
vidic and rio back as soon as. .
Sadly, the next time we get to field a fully fit defence might be the fa cup final.

Unread 22-04-2007, 04:03 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
Sadly, the next time we get to field a fully fit defence might be the fa cup final.
Gary Neville will help immensely. The sooner Evra is back the better too. Brown and O'Shea are capable of decent performances at the back but it's hard to rely on them. We'll just need a monumental effort from them and hopefully our forward players will do the talking in the next few games.

Unread 22-04-2007, 04:05 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
Exactly.

It's no good having Rio & Vidic back for Chelsea (a) + the Cup final if we have a defensive horror show at Goodison & Eastlands. (which I think we will)
It simply won't matter.

Only a few weeks ago we had a solid as £#%&! back 4:

Neville - Ferdinand - Vidic - Evra

They're ALL out injured now & won't be available for at least a fortnight.

It's absolutely battered our trophy ambitions as far as I'm concerned.

IF we can get 6points from Everton & City we'll win the League.
It's a big IF though.
I wouldn't fancy Brown & Heinze as a pairing against a non-league side, never mind 2 fired up local rivals in their own backyard...Not to mention 2 games with AC Milan.

Unread 22-04-2007, 04:09 PM
TreeFiddy

MJ - £#%&! the Milan games. I could honestly not care about them any more in comparison to how much I care about the league. The defence we'll field against them will mean it's a miracle if we beat them, but I thought Evra is basically fit again and Neville will be ready for Everton.

Unread 22-04-2007, 04:14 PM
S/Side.Red

I don't think our run-in is any harder than theirs. The toughest match of the two run-ins is Arsenal away, and when you're tired and playing lots of games - you really don't need to be playing a side like Bolton. It's also worth noting that Bolton tend to give Chelsea a much tougher game at Stamford Bridge than they do at the Reebok.

It's all about the Everton game. If we win that, regardless of what Chelsea do, I'll be back to feeling very confident.

I'd be worried if I was a Chelsea fan, now. They were awful today, and they've got such a mentally and physically draining match against Liverpool on Wednesday - it's going to take some effort from Jose to pick them up and get them on another winning run.

Unread 22-04-2007, 04:17 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
MJ - £#%&! the Milan games. I could honestly not care about them any more in comparison to how much I care about the league. The defence we'll field against them will mean it's a miracle if we beat them, but I thought Evra is basically fit again and Neville will be ready for Everton.
I agree with you.
I guess that was really my point, that semi Final is a write-off now without Neville & Ferdinand as far as I'm concerned.
AC Milan are too ruthless & experienced not to take full advantage of our defensive shambles.
I'd rest players on Tuesday night ready for Saturday, £#%&! it...but I know Ferguson won't.

We 'Got out of Jail' today...but I thought we looked tired yesterday.
If in 2 weeks time we're sat here & we still have a 3pt lead over Chelsea then I think we'll win the League, but there's plenty of football to be played between now & then.

Unread 22-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I agree with you.
I guess that was really my point, that semi Final is a write-off now without Neville & Ferdinand as far as I'm concerned.
AC Milan are too ruthless & experienced not to take full advantage of our defensive shambles.
I'd rest players on Tuesday night ready for Saturday, £#%&! it...but I know Ferguson won't.

We 'Got out of Jail' today...but I thought we looked tired yesterday.
If in 2 weeks time we're sat here & we still have a 3pt lead over Chelsea then I think we'll win the League, but there's plenty of football to be played between now & then.

I could not agree more with that MJ. We were all over the show at times against Boro yesterday.

Unread 22-04-2007, 04:54 PM
jem

Default I thought

vidic was back in training - and it was only his £#%&!ing shoulder. and evra must be fit. neville g back in a week? just a question of how £#%&!ed rio (and he's the biggest miss against milan).

it's up to our front six to take the game to milan and make sure they don't get anywhere £#%&!ing near our defence.

although fergie will play it canny and we'll get beaten, of course. :0)
Closed Thread