United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:31 PM
ZiggyStardust

Apart from the first few games he played for us I just don't get Phil Jones.

He looks a dreadful footballer. His control of the ball is shit and his positioning to find space and receive the pass is poor.

I can see him as a centre half stopper for a poor Preimer League side but he is nowhere near the standard needed to play for Utd.
God only knows why Fergie thinks he can play in midfield but bringing him on as the deep lying centre forward is one of the strangest decisions I have ever seen by a manager

Also Fletcher is not able to play football at this level at the moment. Maybe in the future he will but he shouldn't be picked for sentimental reason which is the only reason I can think why he is being selected

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
it's saffers, just ignore* the #@&%! wum

* br first obvs
I wouldnt mind, it was only 4 lines of text, its wasnt to hard to understand.

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:32 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
I feel like we lost.
Why?

We won 4-3. From a sage point of view, were shit...just embrace the madness.

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Team v City.

Linda
Smalling
Evans
Rio
Evra
Carrick
Scholes
Jones
Giggs
Rooney
Van Persie

You seriously think he is going to start next weekend after THAT??

Tumescent Throb

controlled the flow of the game very well second half. obviously the lack of quality in the final third was there for all to see yet again.

anderson as unreliable as ever.

the young evra combination won us the match, but Fergie's failure to plan for the tricky player on Readong's left almost cost us the points

along with the combo on the left, the substitutions won us the game in the end, simple as that. it wasn't pretty, but it is true.

i anticipate an array of morons refusing to accept anything in this post but I'm off back out so won't be available to help you any further.

Jack Duckworth

at least the first half was entertaining...

we won and are top. embrace the madness

That Boy Ronaldo!

Just realized Rio played today

Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Apart from the first few games he played for us I just don't get Phil Jones.

He looks a dreadful footballer. His control of the ball is shit and his positioning to find space and receive the pass is poor.

I can see him as a centre half stopper for a poor Preimer League side but he is nowhere near the standard needed to play for Utd.
God only knows why Fergie thinks he can play in midfield but bringing him on as the deep lying centre forward is one of the strangest decisions I have ever seen by a manager
The only position he's played OK at is right back. Playing him in midfield for United is embarassing.

Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Why?

We won 4-3. From a sage point of view, were shit...just embrace the madness.
I know, usually quite upbeat but that left me deflated.

Strangely, I don't fear so much for the Derby.

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
utterly bonkers game

should have won more easily but some of our defending evans and rafael have been our two best defenders this year, both looked like they'd never seen a football before at times.

some superb attacking play in the first half, three of those goals were fantastic. the third was the the pick, reminded me of berbatov's goal a while back where he started the move from left back.
Thought the attacking shape in that first period was far better than recent games, Rooney from the wing instead of mucking things up through the middle, Young had a good first half, Anderson looking sharp.

Get Kagawa in for Fletcher and Nani for Young and that might be the strongest attacking line up.

Still shocked at the Jones sub, there were 5 outfield players on the bench, 4 of them were better choices for that change.

Back to square one with Anderson

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:35 PM
Ethers

Quote:
utterly bonkers game

should have won more easily but some of our defending evans and rafael have been our two best defenders this year, both looked like they'd never seen a football before at times.

some superb attacking play in the first half, three of those goals were fantastic. the third was the the pick, reminded me of berbatov's goal a while back where he started the move from left back.
Has there ever been a game you didnt think we should have won easily?

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:36 PM
no fun

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:36 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Also Fletcher is not able to play football at this level at the moment. Maybe in the future he will but he shouldn't be picked for sentimental reason which is the only reason I can think why he is being selected
There's also the small matter of the club not having a single, top class midfielder on the books. Obviously a much better idea to £#%&! away millions on corrupt deals to feather his own nest, shit wingers and Phil Jones. Worldy management, nqat.

The fact that we're relying on an average, fat tosser like Anderson to be the clubs midfield saviour says it all. £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Rhodzy

Why is Craig Burley an analyst?

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:37 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
Strangely, I don't fear so much for the Derby
The berties will probably think they only have to turn up after watching that - and surely £#%&!ing Lindegaard can't start?? :shakehead:

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Only in my nightmares.

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:38 PM
captain scarlet

Any early indications of the seriousness of big Andy's injury?

Stupid question from several perspectives but I am asking it anyway.

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:39 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
There's also the small matter of the club not having a single, top class midfielder on the books. Obviously a much better idea to £#%&! away millions on corrupt deals to feather his own nest, shit wingers and Phil Jones. Worldy management, nqat.

The fact that we're relying on an average, fat tosser like Anderson to be the clubs midfield saviour says it all. £#%&!ing shite.
Watcher droppin' science again.

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Why is Craig Burley an analyst?
Because he hates us?? That does seem to be the main qualification for being a TV football person these days.

Unread 01-12-2012, 08:40 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
de gea coming in cold isn't ideal either